5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch
Published on December 3, 2012 by AVS1

2.0 out of 5 stars not practical
it was difficult to tell the time even in the daylight, dark numbers on a black face, a major design flaw, I could turn on the light but I shouldn't need to use two hands to tell the time.
Amazon once again # 1
Published on December 23, 2012 by susan b kutner

2.0 out of 5 stars not practical, December 23, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408232RED Chronograph Black Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
Amazon once again # 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch, December 3, 2012
This item arrived very quick and it looks great. I have not had it long enough to speak on it's performance but I appreciate the product delivery and condition. The only slight dissapointment was that it appears that I may need a battery for it already. I hope that is all that is needed because the display is very dark. I have owned a watch with this type display before and it was not this dark. In any event, I will replace the battery and then make a judgment on the performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking watch, November 21, 2012
I like this watch and think it looks great but there are a few detracting features. The face is hard to read in most lighting conditions (dimmer conditions are actually better using the backlight button). The strap is a bit stiff, a bit short, and thus hard to buckle and unbuckle especially if you are in a hurry. Finally the face "crystal" I think is plastic and can scuff or scratch pretty easily. All that being said, I gave it a 4 because i think it is a very good looking watch and looks more impressive than you would expect for the price. The other major positive is the the price (less than $17). Again, I think it is one of the better looking sports chronograph type watches I could find for even 2 or 3 times as much money on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent watch to have, October 18, 2012
I started having an interest of buying a watch since a relative got one and I needed to check the time without pulling out my phone. So I started looking through brands such as Casio, US Polo, and others. Then I found Armitron, a brand I never heard of but the moment I saw this watch, I knew I had to have it. I ordered this soon enough and arrived later in the week. The box that the watch is in feels and looks cheap, being a all gray box with armitron on it. I took out the watch which was on a weird plastic thing which took me a while how to remove. The watch feels very nice and looks decent, it does not feel or look cheap. The watch comes with the following functions: basic time, date(week and month), a light, stop watch, alarm, and the time for a different time zone. The watch came being a minute ahead which was a problem and even more of a problem since it did not come with a manual or any paper booklet. The time can be formatted with the left top and bottom buttons and the right top button. Despite having no instructions, this is a fantastic watch to have and I do not regret buying this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all!!!, August 31, 2012
I'm not much of a sport watch kind of guy...prefer casual/dress watches, especially the rectangular shaped ones. But somehow I was attracted to this watch. The build quality is quite good. The style is attractive to the eye which is what I believe caught my attention. It is somewhat big so it won't really look good on a "skinny" or "slender person with thin hands. I'm a big guy so it looks quite well on my wrist. The ONE downside to this is that the numbers are dark and it's not that easy to see. I haven't taken it out into day light yet as I just got it, but the light is an illuminator which lights up the entire thing and is quite easy to make out. NOT BAD AT ALL for $18.74!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
Bought this item has a gift and was very please with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Excelent

5.0 out of 5 stars ehhhh, June 18, 2014
Its an ok replacement for when my suunto was down but the straps irritated my wrist alittle and I had red splotches on my wrist

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot clearly see the time, April 14, 2014
The readout is virtually illegible. Even in bright daylight you have to hold it at just the right angle to read the time. I changed the battery, no help. I cannot imagine any kind of a functional Quality Control allowing this product to leave the company property.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sears purchase; It's been two years., March 6, 2014
Two years before this review I purchased this watch at a Sears for $30. To this day I have not had any issues with it. The battery has been going solid, the band hasn't gotten so much as a scratch (despite being in four longboard crashes and a bike crash) and the face is very scratch resistant. This has been an outstanding watch, and I highly recommend it.