5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, and does it well.
I ordered this watch a month ago and haven't take it off since I received it. It has gone on two SCUBA dives of about 40 ft, and it experienced a 5k mud bath during the Warrior Dash. I'm pretty sure the watch was unscathed after the warrior dash, but I do notice a forgivable scratch on the face a week later.

Pros
Small - fits well on my petite lady...
Published on November 29, 2011 by C. Telenko

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Battery
When I got this watch one month ago - I loved it. I only bothered setting the time which was easy to do.

Published on January 9, 2012 by Carla

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, and does it well., November 29, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Women's 457012BLK Chronograph Black Resin Stainless-Steel Accent Strap Watch (Watch)

Pros
Small - fits well on my petite lady wrists
Comfortable
Watertight and SCUBA ready
Two time settings
Alarm feature
Stopwatch feature
Light works at night in very murky water at 40ft depth

Cons
Light could stay lit a little longer so I can more easily set the alarm in the dark

Update: I have had this watch for a few months now. It's been on many dives and I wear it every day. It still works like a champ and I get many compliments on it. I LOVE THIS WATCH! I am considering buying a back up in case I lose it, because I don't think it will break.

Update 2: After 2.5 years (54 months), the loop to hold down the strap broke. I wear this watch every day, for SCUBA and showering and sleeping, and the watch still works great. The word Armitron is slightly rubbed off. Great great great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Watch That Has My Back, July 7, 2013
I read a review from someone reporting that the version of this watch that had more rubber connecting the watchface to the watchband had broken, and that the stainless steel one was a more sturdy bet.

I don't know about the alternative, but my watch is definitely sturdy. It still looks shiny with barely a scratch on it, even though I've put it through a lot. I wasn't expecting a watch to be this good, especially since I'm a poor college student and very frugal. I needed a watch because I always lose track of time, and I tend to be late for things. Now I proudly have a watch tan, because I rarely take this watch off. It's very comfortable, and it can be worn for exercise, lounging around, in a professional setting, and in some dress-up settings.

The backlight is cool because the light is in the black of the numbers, not the background. I hope that makes sense. It's very convenient, effective, and unobtrusive to check in a dark room.

I've also used this watch as a travel alarm. I wear it to bed, and I can check the time at night by groggily finding and pushing the button on the bottom right. The beeps of the alarm are also not obnoxiously loud- so if it goes off in public it's not too disruptive- but it usually wakes me up just fine.

I'm also the type that doesn't like to read manuals. With this watch, that was okay. With only four buttons (one of which only is for turning on the cool backlight), I could figure out how to change the time (with daylight savings time, time zone changes, syncing it with the clocks at school, or making my watch fast after being frustrated with always being late for things). I also figured out how to use the stopwatch, set one or two alarms, switch to 24-hour time or AM-PM time (in Iceland I switched to 24-hour time so I was in sync with the country around me). I am not saying that EVERYONE can figure it out; I'm saying that for the way that I think, I was able to figure it out and get used to it. I use all of the features, and I don't ever feel the need for something that isn't on my watch.

Often I forget to take off my watch when I go swimming, when I garden, etc. Luckily, this watch hasn't faltered in any situation that I've put it in. For example:
cold New England salt water- swimming, etc.
working with compost / with soil
the shower
hot tubs (up to 44 degrees Celsius)
swimming pools
sleeping
mud
the Blue Lagoon (in Iceland)
Hvergerūi (natural hotspring on a small river in Iceland)
falling down (which I do a lot because I have narcolepsy with cataplexy)
hiking, snowshoeing in New England
hiking in Iceland (in rain or shine, in hail, in cold, in hot, etc.)

I recommend this watch to everyone- whatever age, as long as you can see the numbers on the watch- it's well worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weighing the pros and cons, August 11, 2011
PROS: This watch features the date and time along with the seconds right on the face without having to push a button to toggle between the two. It also features an alarm, stopwatch, and two time zone settings. No worries getting this watch wet as it features a 330ft water resistance which is great when swimming to keep track of the time. It is sleek and looks nice worn casually but not recommended for more formal wear such as evening dresses.
CONS: There is only one strap holder and it fits a bit loose causing you to have to keep putting it back in place although there are plenty of adjustments to wear the watch loose or snug without to much give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, November 14, 2013
This watch is fabulous. It's very easy to read and very durable. I'm 62 y.o. and this watch is easy to use and easy to read. If you just want a good basic watch- this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Woman's Watch!, July 9, 2013
This has the functions I wanted yet is slim, trim and fit for a woman's wrist! I wanted an alarm, timer, date and seconds. I had the Timex which I forgot to take it off when swimming and the LED display went to fade and never came back. I have used this swimming, showering and doing dishes and it is waterproof! Display is easy to read!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Battery, January 9, 2012

However, within a month, the battery went dead. It's not an easy battery to find (I could only find it at radio shack, not target or the like) or replace (getting the screws off the back was painful). Apparently the battery is not easy to replace without destroying the water seal. So after I took a shower with it on (the reason I buy water proof watches) water has seeped into the watch. Now the thing is short circuiting and won't stop beeping.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very quiet alarm, February 20, 2014
I purchased this watch for its alarm feature, and that turns out to be a bit disappointing: the sound is so soft that it certainly will not wake a heavy sleeper, nor distract an alert person who is engaged in an activity. Nevertheless, I like the watch because it is reasonably attractive, very comfortable, and very easy to read. It is also very easy to use, as buttons on the exterior of the face can be easily pressed with the watch in place on the wrist. Based on another reviewer's experience and the instructions included with the watch, I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to replace the battery (whenever it runs out) without damaging the watch, but even if it lasts only a year or so, I will not feel cheated, since the price was so modest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, February 13, 2013
Great watch. Convenient, small, attractive. Hard to find digital watches for women with small wrists, but this fits the bill!

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than Petite, June 9, 2014
After having two Timex sports watches die on me, I needed to find an inexpensive replacement for walks/runs, with fewer features than when I was running longer distances and more frequently. Most important feature needed: a large display (nearing-50 eyes!). I almost exclusively wear men's watches, with a large face (daily and sports), which, admittedly, can be uncomfortable on my small wrist, but I like the look and I can see the numbers! I'm 5'4", 135 lbs, medium frame.

After reading reviews, nearly all indicating a large display, I chose to order. I was shocked at how SMALL the watch itself is: smaller than petite! The stainless steel is shiny (looks brushed in the picture) and looks more like plastic than metal. Display size? Ample - well represented in the online picture. It'll do for under $20.00, but I wouldn't purchase again, purely on aesthetics. Definitely not my usual watch style. For a tiny wrist or someone who prefers a small watch, a decent purchase, I suppose. If it functions for a year or more, than it's done it's job for me! Who knows? Maybe the petite size will become my new favorite. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch with straightforward functions, November 12, 2013
Almost perfect. Small and slender design that is perfect for a thin wrist and the strap is adjustable down to a small size. Not too many functions, straighforward button layout. Seems durable so far. Only thing I would've liked to see is something like a countdown timer, and this watch only has the regular chrono function, but that serves almost as well. Highly recommend this watch for the price if you can live without a countdown timer or lap timer.