3,094 Reviews
 (1,487)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck
I saw a lot of people gave this case positive reviews but can't believe it because the case was very inexpensive.
I figured it was worth it to get one to try it out.
If I didn't like it I can always throw it away since it's the price of a sandwich.
I've very glad I did because this case is exactly what I'm looking for.
It comes in a snap together...
Published on July 14, 2012 by Dog

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy
Published on September 26, 2012 by erinmarie

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Armor Kickstand Hybrid Case Hard Gel Cover with Stand for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, I747 - Black and Pink (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Well...to start, the case fit amazingly. But there was one design flaw and it was a major one. The censor that turns the backlight on and off when youre speaking on the phone is covered by the hard plastic. That means, when ur talking and the screen goes black you cant turn the back light on unlesss u remove the case (which is a process tht probably involves breaking a few nails) and if the person youre calling doesnt answer, then there is no way to hang up and u end up leaving them qn awkward voicemail. To be honest, i thought there was something wrong with my galaxy s3 but it was the design flaw of this case. I would reccomend not purchasing this case untill the seller fixes this flaw :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck, July 14, 2012
I figured it was worth it to get one to try it out.
I've very glad I did because this case is exactly what I'm looking for.
It comes in a snap together plastic case on the inside, then it comes with a wraparound rubber case on the outside, so kinda like a cover over a cover.
That's A LOT of protection, almost over doing it, but I like it because I do a lot of sports and I definitely dropped my phone on more than one occasion.
Furthermore, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is rather slim with a slippery surface, this case adds just the right amount of "bulk" (for me) for me to comfortably grab onto it without having it slip thru my fingers.
Plus the rubber outer case is not as slippery as the factory phone surface.
But I found the rubber not "sticky" enough for my liking because it's still slightly slippery (for me).
I guess they did that on purpose so it doesn't "stick" in your pocket, making it hard to take out of your pocket (if you have a habit of putting the phone in your pants pocket like me).
This case covers all the external buttons but still allow you to easily press the buttons which is nice.
All the holes, buttons, etc all line up so the case is very accurately designed/made.
If I had to complain about one thing, it would be front "lip" of the phone is a little too deep in my opinion because when I surf the net and tried to get to a link at the edge of the screen, the raised lip/edge of the case is kinda in the way.
But I usually just stretch the browser page out so the link is bigger so I can click on it with no problem....no biggie.

Overall, very good value for the money.
Quality is surprisingly good.
Plus if you really don't like it later, you can always trash it without feeling bad.

Oh, the seller is SUPER fast at shipping BTW (for me anyway).
Think it only took 4 days from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!, February 21, 2013
Got this phone case and I fell in love. Idk why people are complaining about the sensor being blocked off....its not covering it at all. Everything is working perfectly :)

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY Recommend!!!!, November 2, 2012
I bought this case while it was still listed for $3.. 2 days ago (halloween night) i drove away with it on the side rail of the bed of my truck.. the phone was THROWN into the street.. when i got home i finally noticed it was gone and retraced my tracks. I found it in the middle of a busy intersection with multiple kinds of tire tracks on it. Needless to say... i wss worried. Although the case was lightly damaged... the phone was unscathed! Miraculous! $3 saved me from a 150 dollar deductible. Made in china, but works like it were american made! GREAT PHONE CASE!

I have a white galaxy S3 and it is in brand new condition. No scratches or marks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised! Works great!, July 19, 2012
I bought this case not really expecting much. It arrived within 3 business days as they said it would. When I opened the package I was excited! This case has 2 parts to it: the black rubberized outer layer, and the white hard plastic inner layer which contains the kickstand. The case allows for full use of all the buttons and ports, both the micro usb and the headphone jack. It also does not cover up the microphones for when you use speaker phone. Both the headphone jack and micro usb port have a rubber like 'cap' that keeps any dust or debris out of them which is great! The kickstand seems pretty sturdy, but it is plastic so you can't step on that and expect it not to break haha. My phone feels really protected with this case. If you own a Samsung Galaxy S3, it feels very delicate like it can be snapped in half. Buyer Beware: This case will just about triple the thickness of your phone, so if you don't like having a bulky/thick phone, this case is not for you. But if you don't mind it, and would rather have your phone protected (short of spending $25+ for an Otterbox), then this case is for you.
Note: I bought Arkon SM410 Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount for Smartphones and PDAs - Mount - Bulk Packaging - Black and I was worried about it not fitting in it with the added thickness, but it did actually fit in it.

3.0 out of 5 stars List of Pros, Cons, Either/Or, Final word, and how I rated it., October 1, 2012
**Cons:

I've owned a few phones in my day, and a few 'hefty' cases along the way. Each case I've owned has had a way to remove it with relative ease. This case does not. In fact, it worries me to remove the case - I feel like I'm going to damage the phone trying to get it off. (I'm not going to entertain the notion that I should just leave my case on for all eternity. I may need to replace the battery, remove the micro SD card, or simply clean the device. I also like to remove the case when using 'big' programs that heat the phone up.)

The case is huge and sometimes makes me think my GS3 is a football player trying to tackle me. But if you want sturdy, you know you have to put up with this, so it's a necessary evil.

As the screen cannot be fully protected, this case does protrude like a frame around the front of the phone, which adds a little more protection. That said, the frame comes right up to the edge of the screen, making it difficult to use functions that involve moving your finger to the edge of the screen. The frame also comes very close to all of the buttons beneath the screen, making it difficult to casually tap them without accidentally pressing app icons along the dock row by accident, or other functions if you're, say, running an app. I have rather large hands, and as long as I'm paying attention to what I'm doing, I don't have much trouble. Still, it requires some patience. People with smaller hands may find this case easier to deal with.

**Either/Or: (not really pros or cons)

This part may be confusing, and only pertains to those of you who are interested in owning multiple cases to swap out parts (if you don't plan on doing this, skip ahead to the PROS section):

I wouldn't call this a con; I'm just trying to cover some bases: I purchased this case and one other of the same design (the other has a hard BLACK interior and a rubberized WHITE exterior, but is essentially the same case) hoping to be able to swap out the parts and create different color combinations. The shape of the cut-out section around the camera, speaker and flash on the back vary between models, and what you see on this product page is not exactly what was sent to me (though clearly still designed only for the Galaxy S3.) This case, for instance, has an "L" shaped cut-out for the camera section on the back. What I mean is, it is still cut out the way you see it in the picture, but an extra section seems to be cut out above the flash on the left. My other case has more of an "I" shape (the shape you see in the pics for this phone.) The hard interior piece has a huge ridge framing it, and when you put the rubber exterior over it, they fit snuggly together. When you try to use the "L" shaped interior of this case with the "I" shaped exterior of the other case, the ridges on the "L" push up into the rubber exterior, disallowing it to lay flat.

You can still mix and match in some other ways though. For instance, the black portions of each can be used together, creating an all-black case, despite the rubber section being cut out a little further and showing a quarter inch of the hard black interior.

I've also found that I can snap the two halves of the interior hard pieces together in different combinations, either red front / black back or vice versa. This adds variety but subdues the design a little bit, in which case you'd probably just opt to go all-black anyway. Phew, that took forever! (Unfortunately, this will probably only make sense if you have both cases and can see what I mean.)

**Pros:

Kickstand: If you really think you're never going to take the case off, and the bulky design doesn't bother you, then you'll love the kickstand. I turn the phone sideways to watch NFL games while I'm at my computer and it's at the perfect angle. It can also be used to prop the phone upright (so the menu buttons are at the bottom) but I haven't found a reason to yet.

Durability is killer: At first I thought the rubber section being on the OUTSIDE was counter-productive. It seemed to me that the case would absorb a blow better if the impact occurred on a hard exterior and was then cushioned by a rubber interior before reaching your phone. But now, thinking back to my old phone and its BodyGlove case - which did not have a rubber exterior, but 2 hard sections with a rubbery surface that snapped together around the phone - I'm remember all the times I dropped that phone and the case popped off. With this rubber exterior, that will never happen. The rubber section holds the phone and hard part of the case together.

The color scheme isn't really that bad. I like the red trim around the screen with the majority of the case being black still. I wish there was a light blue trim available, but I haven't seen one yet.

**Final word:

I don't give positive reviews based on price, as price is a variable that will change for others purchasing this product. That said, I got this case at around $6 total (product and shipping) and I would be hesitant to purchase this, knowing what I know now, if it was priced at anything around $15 total. I may consider it around $10 still, but anything above that is questionable. My only major qualm is the difficulty in removing the hard part of the case, which I fear will scratch up my phone. The case is bulky of course, but I've assumed that if you're reading reviews about it, you've already accepted that and you just want a very durable case. Well, here's your no-frills solution, providing you never remove it.

**How I rated:

The durability of the case is responsible for 4 stars. The look had no impact on my rating. The kickstand wore on me over time, and gave this review another 1 star, which would have brought it up to 5* stars. But then it lost 2 stars on the difficulty in removing the hard part alone. If not for that, I could see giving this case 4 stars, because at that point, if everything else was perfect, the phone would still be bulky. Despite knowing that bulk is part of the price to play, I believe that every scale should have an unobtainable unicorn* ... I hope to have a slim, durable, AND classy case someday. Unicorn.

5.0 out of 5 stars otterbox on a budget....., July 18, 2012
Save the 35 dollars and get this case before the price goes up. Nice fitting and and great support for the device. When I got it I could tell this was made of good material honestly it's worth for than what I paid for it. Its a keeper has the same protection and pieces that the otterbox has and a fraction of the cost.all the holes fit and the kickstand is a plus. Not gonna lie it does add bulk to the device but I really don't mind maybe you will. It provides a good grip so the phone won't slip out of my hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, July 6, 2012
For the money this case is very good. It is a little bulky, which i like. Makes me feel that if i drop the phone it will do a very good job at protecting it. The only gripe i have with the case is that when i try to plug my phone in to an aux cable to play it in my car, the cable does not easily fit so i have to push hard to get it in. Other than that it feels and looks awesome, especially for how cheap it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars bulky, as it should be, July 16, 2012
This is a combination of an inner plastic case and a rubberized cover. It makes the S3 seem almost twice its original size, but the phone looks safe from everyday harm. A thin plastic ridge extends over the edges of the screen, further protecting it. I ordered on Friday night and received the case on Monday. Exactly what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 8, 2012
I love this case.. you get what you pay for and it is very sturdy. I haven't had any problems with getting to the functions at the bottom of the phone. The case gives the phone a really nice grip as well because before I was scared to hold the phone over the floor. The stand is also a nice touch but have yet to really use it. No problems here.. will update if I do so happen to drop it.. but I'm extra careful. lol