5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vac For The Money
Published on August 3, 2011 by Kyle D. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars A few flaws
I got it for dealing with a leaky AC unit drip pan. I picked this one because of the longer power cord and longer hose. That was important in my selection. The power seemed to be fine... I did have a few design flaw issues to address:

Published on May 22, 2011 by Neofactor

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vac For The Money, August 3, 2011
This review is from: ArmorAll AA255 Utility Wet/Dry Vacuum, 2.5 gallon, 2 HP (Tools & Home Improvement)
I'm totally satisfied with this vac. Very powerful, light weight and well priced. I read all reviews before buying it and one mentioned a few flaws. I remedied them with gorilla tape. 1-2 inches of tape inside the rim of the blower connection will create a lasting, snug fit for the hose. Wrapping the base of each accessory tool, one time around, will keep the tools snug on the storage slots. Since the largest tool doesn't fit on the storage slots, slide it over the smaller crevice tool to store it and walla...everything is good to go! The Stinger 2.5 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum at Home Depot was a close 2nd but has less power, fewer tools and a shorter hose. I researched them all...buy this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this vac - have 2 very long hair dogs, March 7, 2011
UPDATE: 10-11-2014 I just finished vacuuming and realized again, how much I prefer this shop vac. About 6 months ago, I purchased a Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright so that I could have a fancy vacuum with a roller to use on my large red area rug and smaller area rugs. That vacuum does indeed do a very good job on the actual rugs, but I keep going back to my trusty ArmorAll shop vacuum to do all the hardwood floors and corners and everything else. It is so light and easy to tote and pull around (and it doesn't fall over like the Shark does with hose or attachments). 3 years plus and this shop vac is still going gangbusters. I did use it for wet vac projects a couple times and it did great, just remember to take off the filter and let it dry out totally before dry vacuuming again. I also discovered that if I add 2 drops of lavender essential oil on the elastic part of the filter bag, I get a nice scent as I clean too. After 3 years, if this one ever breaks, I'm buying another one right away.

ORIGINAL: March 7, 2011 I didn't buy this shop vac from Amazon, but I love it so much I wanted to write a review on it. I got it at Sam's Club during the holiday season and gave it to myself for Christmas.

I have 2 long-haired (with undercoat) dogs and I was sick and tired of cleaning out my upright PET-SPECIALTY Dirt Devil vacuum from so much pet hair even on bare floor settings. I'd have to empty the clear canister over and over just from once around my small home. I hate touching that stuff. Many times I'd have to clean out the clogged hoses as well and that is a pain. I have recently removed much of the carpet in the house and was left with only hardwood floors and sweeping so many pet-hair-piles was too time consuming and messy.

I found this little guy and now I just leave it plugged in all the time and attached to a long extension cord that goes all over the house from a central location. I use the big flat nozzle some but mostly the rectangular brush attachment and all the wand extensions put together. I can vacuum the whole house 3 or 4 times before I ever have to empty out this shop vac, whereas before with the Dirt Devil, I was doing that 3-4 times EACH time I vacuumed. FABULOUS! And it also picks up the small leaves, bits of chewed up stick and clods of dirt that the big puppy brings inside all the time. I still occasionally have to pick the dog hair off the brush, but the hose sucks it right back in and I don't have to be looking for a trash can all the time I'm vacuuming.

I haven't even tried it yet in my vehicle, but I highly highly recommend it for hardwood floors in homes with pets. It is super light and can be easily carried wherever you need it too. The only thing you need to remember is that it does not have a revolving agitator brush so if you do have carpets, you will need a different vacuum to use on those unless you are just picking up loose crumbs or something - it will not get dog hair off ground-in carpets.

It isn't as loud or scary to my big dog as the Dirt Devil and she actually lets me vacuum her with the brush attachment on and likes it! The puppy still runs for the hills when I get it out.

I also have been using it to vacuum my ceiling fans and the tiny nozzle is good for computer keyboards. I bet it will work great for detailing the car too. Wish I had this a long time ago and it is so inexpensive. I sigh to think of how much money I wasted on other less powerful pet hair vacuums for hard floors.

I also haven't even used it for the wet-vac function, but with how much suction power it has dry I bet it rocks in that too. Maybe I should have had this when we were going through house-training?? Gotta remember it next time there's a wet spill in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best little vac for car, October 18, 2010
it is really a good product , it is powerful enough to clean even pet hair in car!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for owners of pellet stoves & wood stoves!, January 4, 2014
Al Past (Beeville, TX USA) - See all my reviews
There are plenty enough reviews of this vacuum, but I think it deserves another just for its ability to clean out wood stoves.

I finally tired of cleaning the ashes out of my pellet stove with a 30 year old Craftsman shopvac. It's a heavy duty machine, but it's huge, awkward in the house on its casters, and howls like a Lear Jet taking off. Emptying it is not pretty, either, requiring a shower afterwards, at least.

The Armor All shopvac is exactly right for the job: easy to tote, plenty of suction, a motor sound that doesn't scare cats on the next ranch over, and maybe most important, easy to clean. The included attachments are also appropriate and handy.

NOTE: for fireplace ashes and drywall dust, which are extremely fine, the manufacturer recommends an optional fine filter, and this is important, as the powdery dust from ashes will work through a regular filter and burn out the motor.

ALSO NOTE: I called the number for parts in the manual to order that fine filter, and a helpful representative gave me an absolutely super extra tip: mount a regular paper vacuum bag over the inflow tube in the canister and collect the ashes in that. If you do (and I did) hardly any ash gets through to the filter over the motor, and you can simply remove the bag and drop it in the garbage instead of turning the canister over and dumping the ashes in a choking cloud of dust. They carry the bags, too, though I had some leftover bags with a collar gasket that just fit over the inflow tube and those worked well too.)

3.0 out of 5 stars A few flaws, May 22, 2011
Neofactor (Charlotte, NC, United States) - See all my reviews

1) When using the Blow mode - the hose does not stay in the hole. The power pushes it out... so you have to keep pushing it back in. That is a Big pain. No idea how to resolve this issue other than just holding it in place.

2) The big headed angled nozzle... well.. this does NOT fit into any of the storage slot on the top... those are just for the smaller parts.

3) The unit does not hold a lot of water. this is not really a design flaw other than be aware. The bucket CAN hold more... but the filter and motor sit down into the bucket... so it takes up space.

Overall - it does the job. Has longer hose/power cord than most. Small portable unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one sucks! In a good way, June 19, 2011
This is a great little vacuum, it has almost too many attachments that come in very handy for everything. Plus it has wet and dry capabilities for those random spills. This has a compact size but gas station vacuum quality suction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase, February 13, 2012
This wet/dry vacuum is a perfect compromise for my needs. Very strong suction and accessories that not only give this product versatility, but also fit my upright indoor vacuum cleaner. It is lightweight and easy to carry, has strong suction. Strong blower, not nearly as strong (or nearly as noisy as commercial blowers), but is fine for light weight clean-up. I bought it to suck up still water from my hot tub when draining the tub, which it does beautifully, but I am finding it also has terrific utility. The only downside really, is that it has a small capacity container, but I knew that before I bought it. Great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars One thing ArmorAll got right, July 19, 2011
If you are one of those people that cant stand any dirt in their car, like me, then this vacuum is exactly what you need ... suction power is great and I have been cleaning all the cars in the house just because it does a great job of it.

PRO's
Long hose
Great Suction Power
Very lightweight/portable
Comes with a lot of attachments

Con's
When using the blower function the hose doesn't stay in the hole and is blown out by the air pressure. That's the only reason I gave it 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, October 29, 2011
I'm very happy with this vacuum, it is really light so I can carry it around very easily, which is great. I use it inside as a hand-held vacuum, and also in my car. The paddle is nice because it gets into the spaces between the car seats and the console. It's not too loud, but not super quiet, either. The noise doesn't bother me. It is very easy to set up and use. I haven't used it as a wet vacuum yet so I can't comment on that. The only things I don't really like are that the suction could definitely be better, and also, all the dirt and everything goes into the bottom of the canister, which is pretty large, and it's just a big compartment with dirt and dust in it once you're done vacuuming, and it is kind of awkward to empty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Vac - just like the carwash ones, February 2, 2011
Works very well and has great suction. The attachments are very useful as it has the ones just like the commercial car washes so it's great for getting in between seats and in small areas. The only complaint is its hard to store all the attachments on the unit as the holders are a little loose, but overall unit works very well.

ArmorAll AA255 Utility Wet/Dry Vacuum, 2.5 gallon, 2 HP