5.0 out of 5 stars The search is over, this one does it all
Published 21 months ago by plokiju

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, but there are better alternatives.
Published 11 months ago by Byron C.

5.0 out of 5 stars The search is over, this one does it all, April 25, 2013
plokiju (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ArmorAll Extreme Shield Wax - Repellency and Protection 16.9 FL OZ- Plus Bonus Sponge and Cloth
I have tried many different wax products, and this is by far the best. First off, let me explain what my criteria is. My car's paint is aging, so it's getting harder to wax. I wanted something easy to apply, has a good shine, and doesn't turn plastic, and seams white. This one does it all. I didn't test the protection claims, because I just don't drive or park under rough conditions. I'm sure it performs well above my needs from other reviews I've read.

This is so easy to apply. To give you a comparison, Tech Wax, or Nano Wax takes about 3 to 4 hours to apply, becuase it streaks, and I need to apply 2 coats in some areas. Walk on wipe away (WOWA) products like Opti-seal takes about 2 hours to apply because I need to add a coat of wax on weathered surfaces. It just doesn't shine like wax. Armor All only takes 1 hour, because it's so easy to use, and doesn't need an extra coat.

When you apply it, it goes on like liquid, and seems to absorb into the paint. That's something wax doesn't do. When you wipe off the excess, it doesn't streak like wax or WOWA. If you have an older car with a dark color, you know what I'm talking about. Carnuba wax just streaks everywhere. With this, you don't need any elbow grease at all when applying or wiping, amazing! Tip: make sure you have extra micro fiber cloths on hand, because a dry cloth makes it easier to wipe off. When you're done, it has a slick feeling similar to wax. WOWA doesn't have that feel.

Another advantage is that it won't leave a white residue in the the seams, or on plastic parts. I have a louvered engine cover, which I never waxed because the residue made it look awful. Now, I can give it a coat, and the streaks are unnoticeable. The same with all the logos on the car.

It costs more than most waxes, but with the amount of time you'll save, it's definitely worth it. After years of searching for a wax that can do it all, the search is over.

5.0 out of 5 stars The "Rain-X" for paint, November 6, 2012
I got this on sale at the a local store. I was skeptical about the ambitious claims and paid reviews spammed all over the internets. Because clear coats have come such a long way, wax is pretty much obsolete. They don't really improve shine or protect, in fact I only stuff I use is cleaner waxes to get residue off these days. I got my car washed up and put it on. It's been a week and here's the general consensus so far: Dust is still highly attracted to the paint and generally it's hard to see a difference between other waxes when the suns out. Things change after clouds move in and rain falls. Just like Rain-X the water beads up and runs off like it's on wax. I also noticed that the thick layer of dust my brother added to my car (due to a lawnmower drive-by) was taken away. Even bird plop was mostly washed away. Needless to say I'm pretty impressed with the performance so far and even if it lasts only a few months, its easy to throw on. In less than an hour I had my car done. For the average person this is a great way to add a few more days on from the local car wash.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, but there are better alternatives., February 14, 2014
Well I'm an auto detailer so I get to try lots of products and there are some decent over the counter products out there. This armor all extreme shield "wax" is an OK product, but one things for sure, it's not a wax..it's a sealant. Decent shine and rather easy to use. I do prefer some far superior products in this sealant category, Opti-Seal or Ultima Paint guard plus, they both last longer and look better to me. plus, price per application is less with opti-seal and ultima paint guard plus. One advantage of the armor all is you can buy it over the counter though so for people that aren't picky about the appearance of their vehicle, this stuff will work just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wax, Easy on/off, Great for Black cars. Think of it as Rain-X for paint, June 19, 2014
I bought mine at WalMart. The wax behaves like Rain-X for paint, with it's beading action. It does provide a deep shine on a black car and it's application is very easy. Wax On and wax off. But seriously the application is indeed easy, no need to buff. Just spread a thin layer with the applicator sponge, then after about 30 seconds or less, follow it up with the microfiber cloth to remove it. That's it. No elbow grease necessary.
Now for better shine, I would clay the car before applying the wax. Claying is also very easy thing to do and you only have to do it once or twice a year.
So anyhow here is my procedure of doing things.
1) grab a plastic baggy and place your finger in it, then rub your finger across the paint. If you feel any bumps then clay the car before waxing.
2) Do a quick wash of the car, no buffing, high pressure wash and rinse.
3) Spray Iron-X all over the car, let it stand for 4 minutes (don't let it dry). This will remove any micro metalic particles that might have inbeded in the paint while driving (break dust from other cars etc).
4) perform a good water rinse of the car (with water)
5) Clay the car
6) Perform a good wash now (with cloth, etc)
7)Apply Extreme Shield Wax.

The only negative thing of the shield wax is that it does not last too long. It will last at most 2 months or 2 mechanical car washes.
Also, IT"S NOT A WAX! It's a Sealant. I would recommend that folks read differences between the two at autogeek dot net

Iron X: http://www.amazon.com/Carpro-Iron-Remover-500-Ml/dp/B004UM6DLE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403211895&sr=8-1&keywords=iron+x
P.S.
I learned this the hard way. No matter what the picture shows, the Shield Wax is NOT BULLET PROOF!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wax I've tried!, August 30, 2013
I've applied this on a black coupe in under an hour with amazing results. Great shine and it really keep the car easy to clean and shiny for weeks, even after several washes and storms.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good at beading water but a grime magnet staining white cars, December 21, 2014
Initially this product would have got 4 or 5 stars as it is easy to apply and has a brilliant water repellent capability for about a week or so. However there is a serious problem on white cars. Let me explain. I have a brand new White Pearl two coat Toyota. After application of this product the car attracts microscopic grime which causes streaks of light grey that are very hard to remove so this product will be coming off. I am not the only person to notice this property of the sealant either on white cars. So beware it leaves a greasy film that is a grime magnet and hard to remove !