5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
I am not a person who writes reviews that much but I must say that the product is so good that it compelled me to write one.
Published on May 14, 2012 by James

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, kind of, and is misleading.
I'm being very honest in this review, and I'm not mad or upset, I'm telling it like it is.

Published 21 months ago by SocialServiceDad

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, May 14, 2012
This review is from: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - HTC One X Screen Protector Shield + Lifetime Replacements (Wireless Phone Accessory)
It was shipped in nice packing, no damage, I placed my order on 9th may and I got it on 12th may so delivery was quick as well. I had screen protector from ATT which cost me $15, its good quality but its matted finish and translucency kills HTC gorgeous screen so I recommend not to buy one from ATT at least.

So whats the deal if u have super screen but u cant enjoy its clarity, sharpness and vivid colors so was searching for good screen protectors and I came across this product, there were not many reviews to decide and i was reluctant initially as it has fluid to be used in installation( I saw video online on youtube) but then I ordered for sake of try, installation is tricky but easy if u see video and follow instructions and after 12hrs "My screen is crystal clear" as if nothing is there still protected. I am very happy with this product and highly recommend it for HTC one X lovers....

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe this was so easy!, April 14, 2013
I have applied screen protectors to phones, tablets, GPSes and other touch screen crap for parents, friends and myself, and I have never seen one that goes out of its way to make application easy. I got a replacement One X last week and found myself incredibly glad I hadn't gone for a bigger competitor's product.

The MilitaryShield was cut right, the material is thick, there's enough applicator fluid for all the things you'll need it for, and the instructions are clear. The Shield is not weak enough to try grabbing onto itself when you take it off the backing, and does not absorb fingerprints when you try to put it on. You'll have to be patient, as the method for application requires you to pretty much douse the back of the shield and fiddle with the edges before the application fluid starts to dry, but even the applicator seems like a better tool than the competitor's product. I'll definitely be revisiting ArmorSuit every time I get something new with a touchscreen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector, May 20, 2012
I've used several different brands of screen protectors on various devices in the past, and this is by far the best.

Application was easy, the included spray solution allows you to nudge the screen protector around on the screen to get a perfect alignment. Within 24 hours, all bubbles and solution left under the screen were gone.

The texture of the protector itself is the great, it's not sticky like some I've used before. It feels pretty close to the texture of the regular screen.

It's mostly invisible while on the phone. Most of my friends have protectors that leave a very obnoxious haze over the screen, this has almost no haze compared to most screen protectors.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Shield & Easy To Apply, July 10, 2013
I have been kind of hesitant about putting an adhesive screen shield on my phone since I got it, but I am so glad that I got this one. It was really east to apply & took little time do apply. This is a slight haze on the shield, but I noticed that others said the same thing - they also said it goes away after a few days. The haze doesn't affect the view of the screen. With having a child who uses my phone, this screen shield will come in very handy!

Part of the reason I chose this screen shield is that it does come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One thing to keep in mind is that this warranty is not offered or backed by Amazon. You have to go to the Armor Suit website to activate your warranty. About halfway down the screen you will see a Lifetime Warranty pic - click on that. That will take you through the process of activating the warranty - it does ask for your Amazon order number. It only takes less then a minute to activate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector, May 9, 2012
Good product over all. Great fit.
The instructions say to let the device sit off overnight, this isn't entirely necessary.. although i would recommend a few hours as I started using it imminently after install and ended up moving it slightly and now it hangs off the edge on one side. My fault, I'll learn for next time.

Also, as mentioned before, the screen will be fuzzy and distorted until the application liquid has a change to dry beneath the screen. Just give it a few hours and it will be crystal clear.

Pros:
Exact fit to the screen, be careful when installing
Really clear, can barely tell its on once it dries
Doesn't seem to scratch very much either (only installed for 2 days though)

Cons:
Under certain light conditions and the right angles you can see some imperfections on the surface, but nothing that you'll notice under normal use.

9/11/2012 Update:
Still using the original cover, starting to peal up at the edges due to the improper installation.

Biggest thing to note is their claim of self healing material, it's 100% true. I've had countless small scratches and a few larger ones disappear completely. Two large ones, and a cut got smaller within a few days but did not fully disappear.

Final verdict is that I would buy this product again in a heartbeat for any devices I get in the future, might even buy it again for this phone to fix the edges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than ZAGG, May 7, 2012
This is a much more economical solution to the expensive ZAGG screens. Also it doesn't have the orange peel effect. It's very smooth. Be meticulous when installing because the protector is exactly the same size as the screen itself. It will show a haze after installing for a few hours, but then it'll go away. The screen protector is certainly clear though. Would buy again A++

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection., September 11, 2012
I was skeptical about buying a protective shield for my One X due to the phone already boasting a Gorilla Glass screen, but after going through the painless procedure of applying it I found so many good reasons to keep it on that I can hardly feel comfortable without it anymore: With the shield the screen is much less likely to pickup lint, smudges and fingerprints; the film gives a nice feel to the screen when gliding your fingers over it, which is always good; and the screen it slightly less reflective with the film on, making it easier on the eyes.
All in all, a very good item to have.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, kind of, and is misleading., October 24, 2012

I purchased this exact cover for my fiancee's One X and one for my SGS3. The installation is weird, if you've ever done a normal stick-on, this is nothing like those. You lubricate the surface of the phone and your fingers and then lay on the protector, which allows you to wiggle it around and get out air bubbles while the solution dries. It says to wait a day, you're good in an hour unless you use the whole bottle of liquid they give you. It's a relatively easy, if not intuitive setup.

The part where this kind of application gets hinky are the edges. The phone-side surface of the plastic does have an adhesive, but because it's tremendously stretchy, where it's been cut, the edges are inclined to ripple just a little bit. So little you may not even notice, as it's kind of at the very, very edge of the bezels. I didn't think this was an issue.

Fast forward 4 days. My fiancee and I both keep our phones in our front right pocket. She had some kind of receipt in her pocket and put in the phone, and when she pulled it out, it was stuck INSIDE the protector, stuck fast to the adhesive. The friction of putting it in her pocket had let that rippled edge move, and the receipt had shot right in there. Remember, the plastic material is VERY stretchy. In doing this, the cleaned-screen (they give you a static wipe when you install the protector) and the sticky adhesive instantly sucked up ever particle of dust and anything in her pocket.

I was able to remove the receipt and use the included spray to clean the back of the plastic as best I could, re-clean the phone screen, and reapply. The edges, again, were ruined. There is literally NO WAY to get rid of hard bits (think like sand), as they press INTO the protector. The corner was also stretched and had no sticky, so I trimmed it just so it would stay on the phone.

Literally the NEXT DAY, I was at a trade show, and put my phone in my pocket with business cards. EXACTLY the same thing happened, the stiff edge of the card caught the corner and wedged the card in there. Again I cleaned it and reapplied, again I have about 5 little tiny bits of grit in the dead middle of the protector that won't come out no matter what I do.

As for "self healing", the previous day I had change in my pocket, and apparently when I sat down, it smooshed a quarter against the face of the phone. I'm not large, pants aren't tight. There is now 3/4 of a circle, permanently dented into the face of the protector. It's been 2 weeks.

I hopped back to the page to see about getting my "Free lifetime replacements" and didn't see anything, so I hopped over to the ArmorSuit website and didn't see anything there either. I hopped on Amazon Support Chat, and my helper told me they couldn't send me a new one, the best they could do was refund and let me reorder, and that they would notify the seller to change their description. I did get a refund for one or the other of the protectors. I then emailed the seller, asking how to get my free lifetime replacements.

What. A. Joke.
First, you have to fill out a warranty registration card. ([...]) Ok. Then you have to complete a replacement form. Ok. ([...]). Then you have to mail that in, with a copy of the amazon invoice. Mail--not scan, fax, or carrier pigeon. Just mail. Then you have to mail them back the damaged protector. Then once they get it, they will charge your credit card for shipping, and send you a new one.

Long story short: You can spend 30 minutes, make a trip to the post office and a dollar in postage, and pay $5 and wait a couple weeks and you can have a new $9 protector. YIPPEE!

I have since installed a case that overlaps the front of the screen a little, and it's not going to be an issue now with the S3, and I'll deal with the grit. The OneX is a lost cause, I'll use my refund to buy something else.

TL;DR---Don't buy if you don't use a case, and forget the replacements part.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best screen protector money can buy!, January 21, 2013
I've had this screen protector on my phone for about 4 months now and all I can say is wow! I wasn't to excited about installing this protector using the provided solution, basically like window tint, but man does it work. I suggested watching the Youtube video for installation before buying. I did, and it really is just as easy to install as the video makes it seem. I have a pretty good size case on my One X and you can barely tell that the screen protector is on there. The quality is amazing and fits the phone perfectly. The solution makes setting the protector on your screen a forgiving effort. If you mess up just firmly keep making adjustments until its right. It's extremely durable too! I had my phone in my front pocket of my jeans, screen outward and ran into the corner of an aluminum tray table very hard in a cafeteria. I thought I had destroyed my phone (if it was an iPhone, I would have, lol) but suprisingly my phone held up and so did the screen protector. It had a dent like appearance in it about 1.5 inches long and a cm high for about a week and now I cannot even see it anymore. Great product, better price and it's made in the USA? Can't get much better than that. I loved it so much that when I received my iPad mini, I bought an ArmorSuit MilitaryShield for that as well. Also very easy to install. Take the chance and buy this screen protector, it's amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector With Easy Application, May 23, 2012
Screen Protector arrived by date promised and application was very easy. Very little haze or bubbles during application. There was what appeared to be something similar to white powder/residue after application though. That disappeared by the next day. Screen responsiveness does not seem slower or delayed by using this screen protector.

Rate and Discover Movies