Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Screen Protector Shield for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 INCH + Lifetime Replacements
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 29, 2012
I had purchased another screen protector for the Fire HD 8.9" (by MoKo which I also created a review for) and ultimately was disappointed in it. At the time that I purchased it, reviews for screen protectors were scarce since the Fire HD had just been released (so I had to go on a gamble as to which one to order). So after I had realized that I needed to find another option, I discovered the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield. So here are my thoughts on the product itself.

Accessories (5/5): This particular product comes with all sorts of extra goodies. It comes with a lint free cloth (to swipe off any stray hairs or dust particles from the screen of the Fire HD), a pen-shaped watery spray that you use to spray on your fingertips to keep away fingerprints, a sort of rubbery slab that you use to straighten out any air-bubbles you may come across, instructions on how to set up everything (as well as a link to a YouTube video that walks you through the process of putting everything together), and of course, the screen protector itself. All of these little tidbits are all quite nice, and might I add that the other screen protector I purchased did not come with a YouTube video or the pen-like watery spray. I was very impressed!

Set Up (5/5): As mentioned earlier, this comes with instructions as well as a link to a YouTube video that walks you through (step-by-step) the process of putting everything together. I chose to watch the video and while I had to "pause" a few times, I was generally able to keep up very well. Really the whole ordeal was very simple and while it says to wait a few days for streaks and bubbles to fully vanish, mine cleared away after a day or so. Very convenient!

Durability (5/5): So far this screen protector hasn't showed any marks or scratches (even after using the rubbery-slab to push away the air-bubbles which I thought for sure would leave streaks). The picture produced from the Fire HD comes out crystal clear with this protector over top of it and there is little-to-no glare at all. Sometimes I'll notice a finger print on it here-and-there, yet generally it holds up fairly well in being print resistant (it just depends on the condition of your fingertips I suppose). Bottom line, so far it does what it was meant to do (protect my screen)!

Overall (15/15)

Apparently it comes with a lifetime warranty or lifetime replacements (whichever you prefer to call it). I would assume this would mean if you had any issue with setting up the screen protector, they would send you a new one (free of charge). If that's the case, then you really can't go wrong with this product. Bottom line, would I recommend you purchase this screen protector to cover up your Kindle Fire HD 8.9?" Yes!

If you have any questions, feel free to comment! I hope this review helps you in finding the right screen protector for you! :)
77 comments|373 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2012
It was easy to install. Only thing I hate is the 12 - 24 hr wait to use your device after install. And that is only negative thing I have to say about it. Its crystal clear and my screen is protected. This is my second time using armor suit first time was with the first fire. Now with my HD. After 6 months on first fire it still looked same as when I first installed it. Give it a try you wont regret it.
0Comment|214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2013
This product perform as advertised. I watched the instruction vidio online and simply followed the instructions. I had 3 small bubbles on the screen and contacted Armorsuit's help online. They answered very quickly to my inquiry. The bubbles took 2 weeks to dissapate, not the 3 days they predicted, but disappear they did. This product is worth the price !
on November 24, 2012
This is the third one I have bought. Starting with my original Kindle E-Reader, my first generation Kindle Fire and now for my Kindle Fire HD. It works as promised and easily goes on without wrinkles, air bubbles or mess. Handy little tool allows you to get the air bubbles out and it then stays put.
on December 5, 2012
I love this product,and have used it on all my Iphones,Ipads and everything thats needs protection from scratches.I still have it on my original Iphone that I have had since 2007,and it hasn't peeled yet!! I would recommend this to anyone,and with a lifetime replacement,its worth the cost!
on November 29, 2012
I want to say WOW! how impressed I am with this company I had I guess what is my own clumsie problems installing and they are sending me re-placement just to make me happy and to help me get it right to me that is worth 10 stars so not sure if this erases my old review or not but hope somehow it gets removed these guya are A+ in my books a 10 top quality.
on December 14, 2012
I received this product 4 days ago, and already my Kindle has put this product to the test. Last night at work, I noticed an abrasion on the shield. I thought no way would that "heal" itself. It was a bit over a quarter inch long. Well, after almost 24 hours it is almost completely gone. I have to look really hard to find it now, and by tomorrow I expect it will have completely disappeared. Needless to say, I was shocked! It really does work. Also, putting the shield onto my Kindle was very easy. Just follow the instructions and there should not be any problems, and my micro-bubbles did go away after about 12 hours. I am very pleased with this product and plan to use it on my phone and anything else that needs a protective shield.
on November 18, 2012
I bought this stuff for my samsung galaxy three and it works great. follow the instructions on youtub like it says to do and you will not need anything also to protect the front of your phone. I like this stuff and it works great.
on December 12, 2012
Before you order another shield, even the ones with two and three per pack, don't do it. This is made in the U.S.A. and only has one per package. but you are getting pure American quality. Just remember to follow instructions and you can't go wrong. Make sure you spray enough of the treatment solution on the adhesive side. I did not, and was not satisfied with the resulting difficulty removing the air bubbles with the supplied tool. I easily removed shield and resprayed the side. It went on slick and the moisture and air bubbles slid out from underneath within seconds. I was concerned having to remove it for reapplication. But as advertised it can be removed numerous times if necessary to get it right. If you make sure the adhesive side is completely moist, I guarantee you will be happy with the results. The instructions state to set device aside for 24 hours after applying shield. When I came home from work the following day I was astounded with the way the shield looked. Not one air bubble or discoloration of any sort. It was truly amazing looking. All it was advertised. Great purchase.
on August 1, 2013
I didn't watch the installation video and this screen protector was still very easy to install and looks great. There are only about 4 simple steps in the installation process and after completion there were no bubbles or defects in the installation. This screen protector looks like very high quality material and I like the look of the screen through the screen protector material. I am going to see if ArmorSuit has screen protectors for my other devices.