5.0 out of 5 stars Better sleep for baby & YOU
We had already debated the co-sleeper versus play yard decision & chose a play yard, reasoning that we would use it longer & that it wouldn't be that big a deal to hop out of bed a few steps to grab the baby. Then I had a c-section & my husband ran out to get the co-sleeper after all. We got the mini because I just didn't want to have to crawl all the way to the foot of...
Published on October 3, 2005 by BrainyGirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, just know what you are getting
There's a lot to love about the concept of co-sleeping, but definitely some things I wish were different with the Arm's Reach Mini. I picked up the Mini Co-Sleeper Classic second-hand, and I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

After setting this up, I really couldn't see myself taking this thing down often for travel, and luckily we haven't needed to. It's not...
Published on August 28, 2011 by JaymesW

‹ Previous | 19 10 1115 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not use it.. seems like a good product, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Arms Reach Co-Sleeper brand Mini Co-Sleeper Bassinet - Natural (Baby Product)
I purchased this thinking that my baby will not sleep in a crib for the first few weeks or months.

Assembly:

- Painful, I don't know what it is with baby manufacturer's instructions, but they are painful to read/follow.

TIP to Mfgs: Make a simple video, upload it to you your YouTube channel! This will take less than 30 mins and it will save a lot of new and expecting parents a lot of headache and grief!

- You really need a 2nd hand to help you pull the bars up and lock the bars

- Fully assembled (with all the bars locked), the side bars look crooked (not straight). I disassembled and re-assembled and same result.

Use:

- We put the cosleeper next to our sofa (the first floor pretty much became baby room #2. The baby did not sleep at all. She likes the rocking chair that comes with a pack and play much better.

- The pad does not come with a sheet (which is fine) but no recommendation on where to buy sheets. Maybe the baby didnt sleep because of the coldness of the pad.

Honestly, for new parents, I would look into a cradle swing or a rocking chair to help your baby sleep. as long as it has a firm back support/mattress, you should be ok.

For now, I folded this up and kept it in the basement. Perhaps we will find a use for it later, but right now the assembly is painful and the baby does not like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelmed and disappointed, August 23, 2013
I really think that this product has good intentions. I like that its small and can come right up to the bed.

The problems are:

Minus 1 star - I CANNOT get 2 of the sides down. Both my husband and I tried very hard, which means that it is not what I wanted, which is something that is portable and could be moved anywhere. If I wanted a stationary bassinet... lets be honest I would have bought something much cuter for $200.

Minus 1 star - I have to pay for shipping and since I can not get it back into the original box and its larger size I am estimating the shipping cost will be close to $100, which really isn't fair that I have to pay that.

Minus 1 star - Since it was a baby registry item if I return it the person who bought it will know, the money will be put back on their card and I won't be able to buy anything else... Which is sad.

Minus 1 star - Looking at the competition to this product I feel that there are other better products in the same price range that offer MUCH more than this.

Save yourself the money and hassle and don't buy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small spaces!, July 10, 2013
We have used the mini cosleeper for the last three months and have been very pleased with it. The primary advantages are: 1) Our house and bedroom are small and there's no way a pack and play would have fit. 2) The cosleeper allowed us to keep our son directly at our bedside for longer than we would have with most traditional bassinets as it has a higher weight rating. 3) Being able to have him 2 feet from me has given me great piece of mind as a first time mom and saved my husband and I a tremendous amount of sleep from not having to trek back and forth to his nursery every time he stirs. 4) its neutral color will enable us to more easily use this in the future for other children. We have only used this as a bassinet; we have not attached it to the bed.

The only downsides to the sleeper are 1) the mattress is extremely hard, just a gel foam over a plastic base. We added another thin pad over this after the first month or so just to give our son a little more cushion. Compared to his crib mattress though it is still quite hard. and 2) three of the sides are solid cotton and only one side is breathable mesh. After about a month, his fidgeting at night was resulting in his head and face being very close to the solid side of the bassinet. Now that he's even bigger, I'm worried about him pressing up against the side in his sleep. He's not yet old enough to be able to move himself away from it. It would have been nice for all 4 sides to be the breathable mesh. That would also allow for much better visibility in the bassinet when we move it to other parts of the house.

Overall, this is a great option to have for small spaces.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient! -- But safe?, June 26, 2013
First the Pros:

The size is perfect! We have a large king size bed and this co-sleeper fits just perfect in the space between the bed and wall (anything even an inch wider wouldn't have fit) so it was great to find this product. Our bed is also very tall, so we've had to use all 4 extenders and it's the perfect height too. But it would be nice if the extenders were included with the co-sleeper instead of making it an additional purchase.

The convenience! I love not having to get out of bed to feed our son every 2-3 hours at night. I can just reach over and get him, feed him and put him back. There are so many little compartments too that can hold extra burp clothes, blankets, diapers, wipes and diaper cream (if I have to change him, I get out of bed, but that's a personal preference and you really wouldn't have to with everything right there).

I like that the side can be lowered for when he's young, and then we can put the side up when he gets older and starts to sit up...so we can still have him sleep in the room with us.

The Cons:

Putting this thing together the first time wasn't terrible (you really do need the manual!) but taking it down, putting is back up and then taking it down is terrible. We didn't bring the manual with us the first time we traveled with this and couldn't remember where all the little buttons were (they're hidden behind the fabric), or which sides needed to be put together first (the top needs to be locked before the bottom)...We'll probably leave this put together by our bed now and just travel with the pack and play.

The mattress isn't the best...I'm not sure how I feel about my son sleeping on this for the first 6 months of his life. It seems like it might get soft, and I don't like all the little folds.

And the mattress tends to tit toward the lowered side of the co-sleeper. Our 6 week old son will move and wiggle in his sleep (he already rolls from this back to his side) and I've already found him with his face pressed up against the side of the sleeper that is lowered (which isn't mesh) numerous times. I don't sleep as well as I thought I would, because I'm constantly waking up to check to make sure he isn't going to suffocate. And I'm always having to move him back toward the middle or other side of the sleeper, which can wake him up if he's sleeping. We don't swaddle him so that's not the issue either. There isn't any support under the mattress except for a piece of fabric that pulls taut...this should be designed so that there is actual support underneath the mattress. For this reason, this isn't a good product to use for naps since I would never leave him alone in a room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - one of the best gifts we received, March 31, 2005
Baby is snug by our bed and it doesn't take up much space. It's perfect and snaps together. I am buying it for my friends who are having babies!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but needed adjustments, February 15, 2011
Our baby is due in a few weeks, so I can only speak on initial set up right now.

We got this product because we are committed to co-sleeping, but only have a full bed, which is too small for us to have baby in bed comfortably. This was easy to set up, HOWEVER:

1) We have a normal height bed and this does not sit flush with our mattress.

2) We bought bed risers from Bed Bath and Beyond, removed the wheels from the sleeper, and placed the co-sleeper on the risers. Seems to have solved problem. (Arms Reach extenders were pricey and I read that they were pretty unstable.) Bed risers were 10 dollars.

3) Mattress is extremely hard and seemed of poor quality. We coughed up $130 for the organic mattress, which is better.

4) Had to place towels and cardboard underneath mattress to get it to sit flush with the lip that connects to bed. In my opinion, if it's not totally flush and "one" with your bed, why even have this product? I would have bought a pack n play or bassinet.

5.0 out of 5 stars This baby product deserves more than just 5 stars!, February 23, 2006
Out of all the millions of products a baby needs, that we have purchased or received, the mini co-sleeper is by far the best and smartest decision made! The first portable crib we bought was the Laura Ashley port-a-crib...beautiful and well made but huge! (It would not fit through doorways if you wanted to move it to another room and took up tons of space in our smaller-sized bedroom.)

I had a C-section and am breastfeeding so the co-sleeper has really made our lives much easier with a new baby. It fits securely against the bedside allowing our newborn to sleep with us, but with safety. Plus, there is a ton of storage space underneath and on each end of the crib. We highly recommend the co-sleeper...it is easy to set up and break down, very sturdy and safe; well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for breastfeeding mothers!, April 8, 2005
If I had to return all my gifts and keep one, this is the one I would keep. I got it as a baby-shower gift and have used it until my little one was ready to sleep on her crib at 3 months of age(actually, that's when I was ready to let her go to her crib.. :-). The co-sleeper was very easy to put together and very simple to attach to our bed. It was great when my daughter would wake up for her middle-of-the-night feedings. I would pick her up, feed her and place her back to sleep without ever leaving my bed. The only thing I was not too thrilled about was the mattress it comes with. I found it to be a bit hard so I purchased a little pad and cut it to fit. It worked great! I highly recommend this item to all mothers, especially if you plan on breasfeeding! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't imagine what I would have done without it!!!!!, March 29, 2005
I loved this. We used it for the first 8 weeks of Maggie's life. I was (and still am) nursing and it saved me from getting up - I would just roll over and get her. Because Maggie and I were eye level - I would be able to just roll over and check on her several times a night - plus I really think it was soothing to her knowing I was right there by her side. Maggie is 11 weeks old and in her crib -but we will be using this for Grandma and Grandpa's house "sleepovers" and plan on using it for our summer vacations. This is so much better than a plain bassinet - which my whole family used...once all the family experts saw this - they had wished it was around when they had children.

5.0 out of 5 stars which is better for my needs?, June 18, 2004
Leslie White (Binghamton, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I am looking for a size comparison on the mini and original co-sleepers. We got our daughter the original for our granddaughter, and they love it. My questions are: should I get the mini sleeper for their visits to us? How much actual sleeping space inside the bed do I lose by not getting the original size? How large of a baby, how old a baby can sleep in the mini?
The cost difference isn't an issue, it is the sleeping area in the bedroom that I worry about. I don't want Emma to outgrow the bed in 6 months because I chinzed on a couple of inches. I plan on purchasing the bed in a few days so is anyone can give me some insight, I'd appreciate it.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1115 | Next ›