5.0 out of 5 stars Better sleep for baby & YOU
We had already debated the co-sleeper versus play yard decision & chose a play yard, reasoning that we would use it longer & that it wouldn't be that big a deal to hop out of bed a few steps to grab the baby. Then I had a c-section & my husband ran out to get the co-sleeper after all. We got the mini because I just didn't want to have to crawl all the way to the foot of...
Published on October 3, 2005 by BrainyGirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, just know what you are getting
There's a lot to love about the concept of co-sleeping, but definitely some things I wish were different with the Arm's Reach Mini. I picked up the Mini Co-Sleeper Classic second-hand, and I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

After setting this up, I really couldn't see myself taking this thing down often for travel, and luckily we haven't needed to. It's not...
Published on August 28, 2011 by JaymesW

‹ Previous | 16 7 815 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!! `, July 12, 2006
This review is from: Arms Reach Co-Sleeper brand Mini Co-Sleeper Bassinet - Natural (Baby Product)
I am a single mom of a baby girl and need all the help I can get so having baby right next to me at night is perfect. I can use this for storage after she grows out of it. She is 3 months now and still has a while before she'll move up to a crib. The ONLY downfall is that it's a pain in the rear to lock the sides into place. I have to use all my strength and put it up against something to lock the sides into place.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have space, get the bigger one., April 27, 2006
This co-sleeper was really good and joined right next to our bed. It was very easy to pick up my son during the night. I would recommend that if you don't have a space issue then to get the bigger co-sleeper. My son outgrew this when he was 4 months old. He fit in it, however because he had started to roll over, he did not have any space to turn or move and would hit the sides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Bassinett!, June 4, 2006
This is better than a Bassinett for the following reasons - when you bring your newborn home... you want to keep an eye on the baby, every breath and noise your baby makes you want to be able to quickly look over to see whats going on. This co-sleeper makes that possible. I baught a bassinett first and the next day i made my husband get the co-sleeper. I was constantly sitting up (straining my fragile post-birth abs) throughout the night. It doesn't look as 'pretty and fluffy' as a bassinett but it is the best purchase. We use the bassinett during the day in the living room or when I am up and walking around anyway. But for sleeping at night this is the BEST. Porta crib sheets fit right onto it too. It doenst come with music or anything but your newborn doenst need that for quite a few weeks. It has great storage underneath it aswell.

4.0 out of 5 stars 8 months and still using it!!!, December 1, 2009
This was the best baby item I've purchased. My daughter has just turned 8 months old and we are still using it. Now that she is sitting up and crawling, however, I can't put her to bed in the co-sleeper unless I am next to her. I would never leave her in the co-sleeper unattended now that she is mobile because she could easily fall out of it .... or crawl onto my bed and fall off of that. So, I bought a small sized (portable) wooden crib to put near the foot of my bed. I put her down in the crib initially each night or whenever she is napping unattended. Then when it's time for me to go to sleep, I just pick her up out of her crib and place her in the co-sleeper next to me. She usually doesn't even wake up. She LOVES sleeping next to Mommy, and when she looks over and smiles at me first thing in the morning it starts my day off just right!

My only complaint is the flimsy "mattress" that comes with it. Originally, I looked at Babies R Us for an upgraded mattress to fit inside the co-sleeper but they were all the wrong size. So I went to a discount store and bought a firm twin-sized memory foam mattress for $20 and literally "cut" it down to fit inside the co-sleeper. I placed the memory foam mattress on top of the flimsy one it comes with. And underneath both of the mattresses, I placed a piece of particle board to provide a firm surface for her Angel Monitor (goes off if baby stops breathing...another must!) So, I guess you could say our co-sleeper is a little "rigged" lol ... but it all works out and has been absolutely wonderful! I plan on using it until she gets too long for it or outgrows the 23 lb weight limit (at 8 months she weighs 17 lbs).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for us!, June 9, 2004
By A Customer
When our son got too big for his bassinet we opted to purchase the mini co-sleeper. It has been perfect for us. It lasts longer than a bassinet or the bassinet insert that pack & plays come with. He is nursing so it makes middle of the night feedings wonderful for us because I hear him as soon as he begins to get hungry. A really wonderful buy & well worth the money. We also bought extra sheets which are nice to have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the concept but don't like the mesh, May 9, 2013
We love the idea of this co-sleeper and we've been using it for the past 2 months. It's the perfect size for our newborn and I expect that she won't grow out of it until she's at least 6 months old (and we might anyway move her to her own crib by that point.) I love being able to see her while I'm sleeping, especially because she will fidget and move in her sleep and I can lean over and shush her or place a hand on her chest and she'll go right back to sleep.
I know that a lot of people complain about how lumpy or hard the mattress is but I don't find it that much harder than any other infant-approved mattress. What I don't like is that because the bottom is mesh, it is not even when we put in the mattress, so our baby tends to roll to the right. She wriggles while she's sleeping anyway (even swaddled), so I have found her with her face wedged up against the unventilated side of the co-sleeper (against my bed mattress). Because I'm right there, I've been able to shift her back over to the middle but it worries me and we never let her sleep in the co-sleeper unattended.
That being said, I think the co-sleeper has saved our sleep and sanity because we have a small bedroom and needed something to watch her at night.
Two tips:
1. There's no need to buy any extra sheets for the mini co-sleeper. You can simply use an ordinary king-sized pillowcase which fits perfectly over the mattress.
2. The Arms Reach risers are extremely rickety and I would not recommend them. We bought the Kennedy Black Bed Risers available on Amazon and they are awesome. The co-sleeper feels very sturdy on these risers and I would highly recommend them (and they're cheaper than the Arms Reach variety, too.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning to parents - this company is horrible, and their products are unsafe, July 23, 2013
Please see my email to the company:

Hello,
I am writing to voice my family's anger over your unsafe, cheap co-sleeper. If you recall, I had a problem with my newly purchased co-sleeper back in May, which I immediately called about and was told to send the frame back. At that time, I asked to speak to a supervisor about the situation, and was told that I would be contacted shortly. However, Mayra was the only one who I was able to speak with, after numerous attempts to be put in contact with the supervisor. After a huge delay due to mistakes on your end, I finally got the co-sleeper sent back to the company, after speaking with Veronica on June 13th.
At this time (June 13th), I asked to speak with the manager of the company, and Veronica told me that Sharon was not in at the time, but would be in later that day. I obviously never heard from Sharon, or anyone else from this company, for that matter, from that point on. I was inquiring to speak with the manager after voicing my concern over just repairing the frame, instead of receiving a new product.
We received the frame shipped back to us, without so much as an email or follow up from Arm's Reach. The entire process to get our frame back took over a month from the time I first contacted customer service. (I had initially asked for a replacement frame, since our daughter had been used to sleeping in it by this time, and I did not want to completely disrupt her sleep pattern while waiting for the repair, which it did). The frame came back to us in a box with one sheet of paper, which did nothing to describe what was wrong with the frame, or what was done to "repair it".
I use the term "repair" in disgust, since it clearly was never properly repaired. We assembled the co-sleeper, again, according to exact instructions in the manual. Two nights later, I noticed that now if I barely touched the rail of the co-sleeper nearest our bed, that it would collapse and had to be pulled back up into the lock position. Obviously, we felt very uncomfortable using the co-sleeper, but after having dealt with your awful lack of customer service the first time around, I did not waste my time trying to reach Mayra, Veronica, or Sharon again.
To avoid the problem of the collapsing side rail, we have been careful to not touch or even brush against it, for fear that it would collapse with our daughter in it. Without touching it, it does stay up. Tonight, (July 23rd) however, I laid my daughter down from the other side of the co-sleeper all together, and the other side rail immediately collapsed when I laid her in the co-sleeper. She was in it!!! I had not put any pressure on the side rail, it just collapsed. After taking her out, waking her up in the process, and moving her elsewhere to be put to sleep for the night, I attempted to re-lock the side rail. It took several tries, and does not seem secure at all.
I can not believe that your remedy to fix the situation of a faulty co-sleeper was to send our same frame back to us "repaired", which still breaks and is worse off than when I first contacted you. I am so turned off by your company, not only because of the safety hazards associated with putting a baby in this piece of crap product that you make, but the complete lack of care from the supervisor or manager. You would think that someone would be concerned that their products for babies are faulty and unsafe. These are babies we are talking about here! Not pets, not adults...innocent babies who need the safest place possible to sleep. Your company disgusts me, and I am honestly surprised that you are still around. Not for long, I am sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, March 21, 2006
Amy (Cape Cod) - See all my reviews
Bought with first baby and attached it to bed. It could've been a little lower so I could look in without having to sit up in bed. But we loved it, it was nice to have the baby close but not in the bed. It has some pockets for extras like diapers but I didn't really use them.

Now I have baby #2, and we used it again. Still love it, used the pockets this time. Wish they were deeper! It's nice to be able to store extra bedding beneath the sleeper part too. Good buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars That's more like it!, May 4, 2006
I borrowed this from a friend because our son hated our very expensive bassinet. The first night that he slept in this went great. He went to sleep and didn't fuss. He stayed in the same spot so I know that he was comfortable.

The only thing I didn't like was I couldn't use it as a side sleeper because out mattress is to high. So if that is what you want it for you should measure first.

I will buy this for my next child and the bassinet can stay in the crawl space!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have item for a new mom!!!, April 16, 2004
By A Customer
When our little boy grew too long for his Moses basket, we moved him to this mini co-sleeper. I wanted him very close and this works beautifully!! It is very well made and well designed and we had no difficulty folding it up for travel. When he is bigger, we will move him to his crib. This co-sleeper is the best on the market and a must-have item for every new mom. We all sleep so much better, baby too, with this close arrangement. It is well worth the price!!

‹ Previous | 16 7 815 | Next ›