Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Arms Reach Co-Sleeper brand Mini Co-Sleeper Bassinet - Natural
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 17, 2010
First, this product does NOT ship APO/FPO through amazon, which it states it does. We had to order this from an external website in order to get it shipped. I don't understand why other places can ship this APO/FPO without a problem, but amazon won't.

Second, we like that the co-sleeper fits into our bedroom and does great next to the bed. However, we had to make several adjustments for our fussy baby. Our first adjustment was to buy a different sheet. We got an Eddie Bauer padded sheet, which was suggested by another reviewer. Otherwise the 'mattress' is incredibly hard and our baby hates it. Our second adjustment was to level off the 'mattress' with some padding underneath. The co-sleeper will bow in the middle, and our baby rolls towards one end of the co-sleeper, much to our chagrin! My husband stacked a few towels underneath to not only fix the 'bow' in the middle, but to slightly raise one end of the co-sleeper mattress so our baby's head was slightly elevated while we slept.

This co-sleeper does not allow you to tuck anything into it's 'mattress', but we got around that by using a Miracle Blanket to swaddle our baby with. Since he's a tiny newborn, we will have to wait until he's bigger to use a sleep sack with. Although, in the end, he prefers to sleep in the Graco's pack 'n play 'napper' at the moment. He'll reluctantly sleep in the co-sleeper.

The pros of this product are: size (fits in our bedroom), can place next to the bed, easy to move around - it's not heavy at all, and you don't have to bend over to pick the baby out of.

We just needed to make some small adjustments to this product, and we're sure our baby will eventually get used to it as he grows, but right now it's not the best.
on September 3, 2013
I purchased this thinking that my baby will not sleep in a crib for the first few weeks or months.

Assembly:

- Painful, I don't know what it is with baby manufacturer's instructions, but they are painful to read/follow.

TIP to Mfgs: Make a simple video, upload it to you your YouTube channel! This will take less than 30 mins and it will save a lot of new and expecting parents a lot of headache and grief!

- You really need a 2nd hand to help you pull the bars up and lock the bars

- Fully assembled (with all the bars locked), the side bars look crooked (not straight). I disassembled and re-assembled and same result.

Use:

- We put the cosleeper next to our sofa (the first floor pretty much became baby room #2. The baby did not sleep at all. She likes the rocking chair that comes with a pack and play much better.

- The pad does not come with a sheet (which is fine) but no recommendation on where to buy sheets. Maybe the baby didnt sleep because of the coldness of the pad.

Honestly, for new parents, I would look into a cradle swing or a rocking chair to help your baby sleep. as long as it has a firm back support/mattress, you should be ok.

For now, I folded this up and kept it in the basement. Perhaps we will find a use for it later, but right now the assembly is painful and the baby does not like it.
on June 14, 2008
I like this product but it is not as good as I thought it would be.
I had visions of it being level with the bed, an extension of the bed that I could slide the baby across. Instead there is a lip to get the baby over. I am using this as I would use a bassinett; it is right next to my bed (not attached with the straps) but on an angle so I can get in/out of my bed. By the time you have your bedside table and the co-sleeper alongside your bed there is not much room! I can reach over and pat him or fish around to replace a dropped pacifier but to get him into my bed I need to sit up and lift him out.

- The sleeping surface is not level as the base that the mattress sits on is only cloth so it sinks a bit in the middle, however, I bought it second hand so that may be the reason.
- I agree with other reviewers that the mattress is hard but I haven't done anything about that because my baby has not been bothered by it but I plan to pad it with a blanket as I have noticed he falls asleep on my bed or his soft changing pad pretty quickly in comparison.
- It folds up nice and small so I can store it easily until the next baby comes along.
- It is quite a good size for having beside a bed and it has pockets on the side so if I wanted to move my bedside table out of the way I could put a bottle of water, tissues and other bedside table stuff in the pockets.
- This is only a co-sleeper, I think the larger version converts into a playpen. I probably should have gotten the larger one for it's versatility later.
on March 15, 2013
Our 3 month old son died at daycare last year, because the daycare provider placed him in a pack in play propped swaddled on a travel sized pillow to help his reflux. He rolled over and suffocated. When we found out we were going to be expecting again we became very nervous about what type of bassinet we were going to use this time. We had a baby girl born 15 days ago, and this works wonderfully. I am able to sleep safely next to my baby, watch her easily through the night, and its small enough for the bedroom.
on March 29, 2012
I received this and set it up before the baby was born. I had a c-section and exclusively breast-fed the baby.

Pros:
1) I loved having her sleeping right next to me in a safe area.
2) Breastfeeding was so much easier, I would just pick her up and feed her (normally wouldn't just put her back though, because babies need their diapers changed A LOT at that age!)
3) The mesh sides were great; for some reason baby loves sleeping with her face against something, so having the mesh there made me feel so much more comfortable that she was safe.
4) Easy set up, and used the storage (still using it, even though she is sleeping in her own room!)

Cons:
1) I didn't move my nightstand because I wanted easy access to the lamp and the notebook where I was keeping track of her feedings, so her head was lower than mine (I'd just scootch down and sleep face to face with her).
2) Since the co-sleeper was lower, it was harder for me to get in and out of bed, especially with the recent c-section.
3) Only really lasted for 4 months, because she moved to her own room at that age. I think any more than that and she would have been too large for it anyway.

Overall I'd recommend buying this if you don't want to co-sleep, but still want baby sleeping in your room with you.
on October 8, 2007
Purchasing the mini co-sleeper was the best thing we ever did before our baby came. I ended up having a c-section and having the co-sleeper was perfect. I never had to leave my bed in the middle of the night to feed or change the baby. I kept diapers and wipes in the pocket on the side of the co-sleeper and I changed her right on our bed in the middle of the night. Our daughter is still sleeping in it and she is 5 months old and weighs about 20 pounds. I am sad that we will have to move her to her crib soon since the weight limit is 23 pounds. I can not imagine having to get out of my bed in the middle of the night. Also, I found the original assembly to be a little difficult but the directions are good and I was able to do it by myself 8 months pregnant. I found folding it up and setting it up when traveling to be very easy. I also think the sheets are expensive but a king size pillow case fits perfectly. I have one sheet and when that is dirty I use king size pillowcases.
on August 6, 2013
We were having so much trouble getting sleep while tending to our newborn's needs and this product really saved the day. This has worked great for us because it attaches onto our bed and I can put him into it after he falls asleep with minimal effort. I also feel better when I leave him laying next to me because the sleeper is there in case he all the sudden starts rolling. Little guy is 10 weeks now and we haven't had any issues.
You should know that you can't just slide baby over into this because the bottom is not level with your mattress. You have to pick baby up and set him down, but at least you aren't getting up. It comes with a sheet that fits tight with velcro and I really don't think there is any problem with this sheet... when I was looking at reviews I found a lot of negative comments about the sheets, but honestly your baby isn't going to know that it isn't 400 thread count. I wish I would have bought an extra sheet because when we wash the sheet it's inconvenient to not have a spare. I won't buy one now because the baby is almost outgrowing the sleeper.
I really like having our little guy so close because I can check him out by just lifting my head. It's very reassuring for me and my husband to have him close to us.
The instructions for assembly aren't terribly detailed but it is pretty easy to assemble and disassemble. There is a trick to it that you really have to kick those bottom bars to get them firmly locked.
The price on this one is very affordable but it is not cheaply made. It is a well constructed item.
on July 12, 2006
I am a single mom of a baby girl and need all the help I can get so having baby right next to me at night is perfect. I can use this for storage after she grows out of it. She is 3 months now and still has a while before she'll move up to a crib. The ONLY downfall is that it's a pain in the rear to lock the sides into place. I have to use all my strength and put it up against something to lock the sides into place.
on April 27, 2006
This co-sleeper was really good and joined right next to our bed. It was very easy to pick up my son during the night. I would recommend that if you don't have a space issue then to get the bigger co-sleeper. My son outgrew this when he was 4 months old. He fit in it, however because he had started to roll over, he did not have any space to turn or move and would hit the sides.
on June 4, 2006
This is better than a Bassinett for the following reasons - when you bring your newborn home... you want to keep an eye on the baby, every breath and noise your baby makes you want to be able to quickly look over to see whats going on. This co-sleeper makes that possible. I baught a bassinett first and the next day i made my husband get the co-sleeper. I was constantly sitting up (straining my fragile post-birth abs) throughout the night. It doesn't look as 'pretty and fluffy' as a bassinett but it is the best purchase. We use the bassinett during the day in the living room or when I am up and walking around anyway. But for sleeping at night this is the BEST. Porta crib sheets fit right onto it too. It doenst come with music or anything but your newborn doenst need that for quite a few weeks. It has great storage underneath it aswell.