5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Series
Published on October 7, 2011 by M. Burroughs

3.0 out of 5 stars :(
When I got the season I put it in to start catching up on the seasons I have missed and it started out fine then it would start to skip or slow down for buffing. I then looked and it was scratched so I was unable to watch all of the episodes.
Published 15 months ago by Casey Stant

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Series, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
I haven't reviewed the first four seasons, so I will make this cumulative. Although I don't watch much television, my wife told me about this some time ago, so I took a chance and bought the first season on DVD--and then the second, third, fourth, and now the fifth. For the past couple of days I have done little else but watch it; it was hard to stop at the end of an episode and go do something else, such as eat and sleep!

Now I retired from the Air Force 20 years ago after serving 24+ years--both as an officer and as an NCO. The culture of the Air Force is different from that of the Army, so I couldn't totally "feel" the pulse of the show from (1) an Army perspective or (2) a wife's perspective. But still, I loved it. At times, I felt that I could in some way identify with most of the main characters, and always I found myself completely wrapped up in the series. I laughed, I became angry, I cried.

The last episode of Season Five would seem to be the end of the entire series, but according to one of the special features, a sixth season may be on the horizon. If so, I will definitely buy it when it becomes available on DVD.

Despite some aspects that may not be completely true to life, the dynamics among the various personalities and the challenges each character faces are very realistic and down to earth. This series is great entertainment, but most of all, it presents life in the military--not only for the military members themselves--but also for their families and should help raise the public awareness of the sacrifices our military families make in the service of our Nation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps getting better., October 3, 2011
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
"Army Wives" is the only currently-running show that I watch. I bought and watched the fourth season while deployed in Afghanistan, and just got this season the other day. I was glad to see that the cast's fine performances and excellent scripts haven't changed a bit. Having been deployed, this show resonates with me more than ever -- I admit it, I cried on episode 4 (and if you haven't seen it, I'm not spoiling it for you). This show continues to portray a variety of soldiers, from the lowest-ranking junior enlisted soldier to the highest-ranking officer, and does so in a very realistic manner. I see a lot of my personal experiences in these stories and characters. My only complaint is that the season isn't long enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Army Wives: The complete fifth season, March 14, 2012
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
Oustanding drama. I highly recommend. I only wish there were more episodes each season. The DVD set includes 3 DVDs and bonus scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Get it now!, October 18, 2014
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
Love it! This was truly a unique, and interesting series. Absolutely love the friendships and the interesting life stories tangled throughout here. The men are handsome and manly, as I would expect them to be in the service (not washed over wimpy-type of actors) and the women are so strong, yet fun and stylish. There is not one uninteresting character in the bunch. I was SOO sad that this pretty much wrapped up this series, and even though I eagerly watched on later seasons, so interesting were the characters/friendships to me that it was never the same after this season, I didn't want to let go. Once the original actors left, t really took away the charm of the series. But as sad as this last episode was (oh, the toast at the end will make you cry), this is a MUST HAVE season if you like this series!! All the original actors are still here, the original freshness and snappy stories that keep you watching are still here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
product as described

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Purchase, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
This was purchased as a gift for my youngest daughter. She is a big fan of the series. I am sure it was fine or she would have mentioned it and it would have been returned. I saw the packaging and it was very secure and it arrived in a very timely manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TV Show, May 2, 2014
Stephen Piersall (Syracuse, NY area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
If your a fan of this TV series, it is a must buy so that later you can re-watch all the episodes. My being in the USAF 21 years I would grade the content about 75% accurate. Good chic flick show and for us Vet's a change to go back in time and see a different perspective on how the base operates and why

5.0 out of 5 stars great show, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
I ordered all the seasons. Exactly as promised. Love this show to pieces. Wish it was still on the air.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great season, April 27, 2014
This review is from: Army Wives: Season 5 (DVD)
There's so much happening this season. Something major happens which affects each person in various ways. Regardless of dealing with serious issues in the military, the writers always seem to work in some humor every once in a while. I really enjoy this drama because all of the army wives are so different, and they are believable characters.

Army Wives: Season 5
Army Wives: Season 5 by Kim Delaney (DVD - 2011)
$20.00 $13.89