4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great So Far..
Published on June 16, 2009 by Seawind

1.0 out of 5 stars Better off chopping and grating manually
Published on June 14, 2009 by T.B.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great So Far.., June 16, 2009
Seawind (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
I purchased this item not long ago to slice veggies and meats for stir-frys and other asian dishes.. To my supprise I've found myself using it more and more for everyday things as well.. To date its sliced carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, radishes, bell peppers, potatoes, jalapeno peppers, and most of all cucumbers and zuccini.. Its done them all in record time and with no fuss or mess.. As far as grating goes, I've used it for parmesan cheese, Daikon (Japanese radish) and fresh ginger root all very easily.. It's very easy to clean and easy to use. I highly recommend this product for those who do more than an occasional slice.

I've recently learned thorough other sources that there is a french fry blade thats also available for this item but not offered by Aroma.. (too bad) :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Better off chopping and grating manually, June 14, 2009
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
Looks good on the box, but when put to actual use, it is a total disappointment. Look at the picture of the product. Now realize that what you are looking at are about 9 plastic pieces plus the motor, none of which are securely attached to one-another. The food drawer will stay in the base, but that is about it. The lid to that food base will pop out of place. The 3-piece (yes 3 piece) food pusher will rumble out of place within seconds. Traditional food processors would do a much better job, even those that are comparably priced to this slicer.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent , easy to use, May 1, 2009
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
This is a very good product. Wide mouth, very easy to use.
Cannot be used for grating cheese and soft vegetables.
I am using it for all my kitchen needs , completely satisfied. It has cut my cooking time. Would highly recommend this. It is much better than the king cone cutters (kitchen kraft and other models).

1.0 out of 5 stars Not robust enough to handle any job, September 25, 2009
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
Mandoline did a great job on a savoy cabbage. But the engine gave out 5 minutes later on a piece of turnip. Completely broken. Clearly it can't handle harder foods. I thought it was too good to be true!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money!, November 13, 2009
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
Purchased this from Target and after using and washing two times in the dishwasher as stated, the slicing mechanism that rolls the blade back and forth MELTED just being on the top rack of our almost new dishwasher! Now the whole unit is worthless as it cannot be used without that! No worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of roots!, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
I was looking for an appliance that could slice vegetables. No more, no less. I didn't want a food processor that, for me, takes an hr to clean. I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I tried out the neoflam, AKA Aroma Electric Mandolin(e) slicer.

PROS: 1)It is very easy to put together.
2)It is VERY easy to use.
3)It was easy to clean.
4)The slices it produced were exactly what I was looking for.

Sadly, the cons outweighed the pros...

Cons: 1)Plastic was very thin, fragile.
2)When cutting beets and carrots, the top came off repeatedly and the chute chipped.
3)The blade became "knicked" after 3 uses. It looked as if I had been slicing rocks.

For someone who wanted to slice softer veggies such as peppers or zucchini, this slicer might work nicely for you if you treat it gently but it does not work on root veggies and it did not work for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compared with 3 other topname food processors/slicers, January 2, 2010
L. Murray (Long Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
I prior had purchased a Black and Decker Food Processor and a Cusinart one, both went back to the store for inadequate ability, bulky, did not cut food well or evenly, etc. I had tried a KitchenAide food slicer/shredder attachment for my mixer, blades extremely dull only mashed food up and NO WAY to sharpen them. As a last attempt I purchased the Aroma Mandolin Slicer and it is EXCELLENT as a product can be for slicing. Like anyother product, it won't do soft things like bell peppers or cheese. The pluses:
1) onions stay contained in easy drawer pull out container, avoiding fumes to cry.
2) quick emptying of pull out drawer
3) more slicing variables as to shape and width than the large processors.
4) parts assemble and disassemble without stress to any plastic parts
5) slimer than a toaster, easy to keep on kitchen counter
6) quick and easy to wash blades and food drawer by hand afterwards.
7) can replace the blades via Aroma company if ever you need to.
8) saves so much time ! I'm single but I'll chop up veggies, put in airtight fridge containers and have a healthy salad every day. If I had to pull out
vegetables and chop them everyday, they'd rot in the crisper instead.
9) the price is so much better than the other 3 products I bought and returned; it does everything they do only better, with these other product postitives.
and do read the maual that comes with it. Certain cuts place the veg horizontal others vertical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product but DO NOT PUT IN DISHWASHER !!!, July 2, 2012
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
I love how the slicer works but wash it by hand. I put all the plastic pieces on the top rack of the dishwasher and it distorted the shape. Now, none of the pieces fit or stay on - - - the slicer is now useless. I just ordered another one because I love how it works, but I will definitely hand was in warm soapy water going forward.

2.0 out of 5 stars food slicer, June 22, 2009
M. Bauska (Walla Walla, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
I do not recommend this product. If the food isn't in the chute tightly enough, it doesn't slice properly. Cheese just gets smashed up and not grated very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aroma Mandolin Slicer, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Aroma AMN-100 Electric Mandolin Slicer (Kitchen)
Does exactly what it is supposed to do and well. Delivered sooner than expected also. Very pleased with the product and recommend it to all.