Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zellous Aromatherapy Top 6 Essential Oils, 6/10 ml, Lavender/Sweet Orange/Eucalyptus/Peppermint/Tea Tree/Lemongrass
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

I got these as a gift set as anyone who knows me knows that I prefer all-natural to anything else and I also have seen results in natural healing often beating out Western medicine.

Essential oils vary greatly both in quality and how they are used. I can only speak a bit on my own uses. I know some use as a natural preservative, some can be taken internally, some make their own perfumes...

I don't do any of that although I do take olive leaf extract which is a close cousin.

While some may not know the phrase "essential oil" they probably have heard the term "aromatherapy" and this is where the essential oils come in.

It's been shown that certain aromas can have an effect on both your psychological and physical well-being via stimulating certain parts of the brain to trigger reactions and via the natural molecules entering the lungs can offer therapeutic benefit for many.

In additon to that, many just smell soothing so it can create a calmer home without people and animals breathing in fumes and artificial chemicals to do so. And no soot filling your home from large candles burning down either!

So how do I use them? Two ways. You can buy a fine mister (like an olive oil sprayer you use in place of Pam on your pans that you fill yourself) and fill it with 30-40 drops of one oil or an oil blend, then add 1.5 oz of distilled water and 1.5 oz of vodka (you have to have high proof alcohol. Rubbing won't work. This makes the scent linger longer) and use it as a beneficial air freshener.

But my favorite way...and the best way to make this a real cool gift that's quite affordable is to pick up an essential oil diffuser on Amazon. With this you have a holder at the top that holds water and you just place a few drops of oil in it with the water (to your desired strength. You don't need much really.) And light a candle below it...the scent wafts through your home with the aromatherapy benefits.

(when things are to be used on the skin such as with acne or cuts, you dilute the oil with water or a carrier such as grapeseed oil)

This set seems to have the oils bought most often or that I hear about most often perhaps because they are great scents on their own but they also seem to have a broad range of popular benefits as well.

Orange oil: Great for masking animal odors or to be used as a natural cleaner, also fights colds, constipation, gas, gum diseases and stress. I have smelled some bitter orange oils before but this one is very sweet like a tangerine, my fave.

Lavender: (my favorite scent ever) This is extremely calming so it's often used in face masks and heating pads and things of that nature when someone is ill. It is known to help with acne, allergies, anxiety, asthma, burns, cuts, cystitis, depression, dermatitis, hypertension, migraines, labor pains

Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus oil vapors have a decompressant effect and are used to treat respiratory disorders, bronchitis, colds, coughing, cold sores, fevers, arthritis, flu, sinusitis. It is an anti-bacterial and helps the immune system. It is also a natural insect repellant.

Tea tree oil: A proven natural acne cure (applied directly to skin or diluted for senstive skin), athlete's foot, candida, chicken pox, cold sores, warts, insect bites, and oily skin

Lemongrass oil: Acne, athlete's foot, oily skin, excessive perspiration, gas, insect repellant, muscle aches stress

Peppermint oil: Used for almost 10,000 years as medicine! Not only does it make your house smell perfect during the holidays,Peppermint oil has a high concentration of natural pesticides to also help the bugs stay outta your holiday baking even if you place that pie on the windowsill to cool! In 2007, Italian investigators reported that 75% of the patients in their study who took peppermint oil capsules for four weeks had a major reduction in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms, compared with just 38% of those who took a placebo. A second study in 2010, conducted in Iran, found similar results.2011 research showed that peppermint acts through a specific anti-pain channel called TRPM8 to reduce pain sensing fibres. The authors feel that this study provides information that is potentially the first step in determining a new type of mainstream clinical treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Why do restaurants serve mints after dinner? It's been proven to aid digestion and if ill, even help with nausea--not just make your breath smell lovely!
It soothes the itching of poison ivy. Helps you prior to working out by giving you energy and boosting your mood. Helps hot flashes, works great as a combo with eucalyptus oil in a diffuser for decongestion. Removes tics effortlessly: place a drop on the animal and it will unlatch so you can remove it without leaving the head and causing infection, it's soothing in a massage oil or in a warm foot bath for sore feet.

To ward off pests: Peppermint oil spray: Fill a quart-sized container with water and add 10-15 drops of peppermint oil. Shake well. Spray leaves of plants or along the sides of buildings to drive away pests.

To discourage mice, put a few drops of peppermint essential oil on cotton balls and place them around your house. Use the scent on areas where mice might enter homes, such as in basements or doorways.

For gophers, moles, and other burrowing animals, try mixing a tablespoon of peppermint oil in a quart of water and then pour or spray on the hole.

But best yet? New studies show it wards off hunger in some to help you lose weight...on the other hand, it can also enhance taste and smell of food if sniffed often so you actually can enjoy it more and for some that means actually getting more taste with less food. It halso helps concentration and mental allertness.

Okay...so for the quality...these are therapeutic grade. Important because you can see essential oils that are actually mixed with chemicals. They won't give you the benefits needed therapeutically and they are diluted as well as no longer natural. So that grade difference does matter.

Considering some places charge this price for one or two bottles it's a great price as well. Also it's packaged as a true oil. If you see oils in clear bottles or with rubber droppers at the lids they won't be of good quality as the amber bottle and drip top lid are known to maintain the integrity of the oil

That said, they should be stored in a cool dry place to maintain it as well.

These, with a diffuser make a great gift...as they did for myself!! Very much enjoyed and lasts for a long time and keeps giving...health and other benefits each time they are diffused or used. Also the box is of nice quality...heavy gift box that the set is in
2222 comments|1,128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2014
These scents are all wonderful. And they are all strong enough that if you sniff them out of the bottle they may singe your nose haha. My favorite is probably sweet orange, but they all have useful medicinal purposes. If anyone in my house gets a head or chest cold I am sure the eucalyptus will be used. The peppermint seems to have a positive impact on my sinuses. I actually just used some of the tea tree oil for a hair and skin care recipe using olive oil and essential oils. It worked out very well, especially for my skin. I tend to have very dry, irritated skin in the winter time, and lotions just don't seem to help for very long. I started using olive oil and then thought, why not try adding the essential oils in the recipe? You can tell the difference between just using olive oil versus using olive oil mixed with this tea tree oil. Therefore, while the olive oil works great, the tea tree oil from this sampler definitely adds to the positive effect it has on my skin.

My sister plans on using these oils for making homemade soaps. If she gets around to this anytime soon I will try to remember to update this review and let everyone know how well it worked with these oils.

Update 1/20/14

I recently started doing some research on essential oils to assuage my own curiosity and I feel I should share it with anyone thinking of purchasing them (which I assume you are if you are reading this).

First and foremost, the grading systems companies use to grade their products are all relative because there is no regulation of the grades. So when it says "therapeutic grade", that just means it's that companies idea of therapeutic grade. That's not to say they are misrepresenting their products, but there will be variance between products because there is no standard, so finding a brand you trust is important.

Second, don't assume you can use an essential oil for flavoring anything you're going to eat unless it's either food grade (usually labeled and more diluted to prevent injury), has been inspected by the FDA (these will have a nutrition label somewhere), or you know the oils are 100% pure with no additives and you know how to appropriately dilute them to make them edible. If there is no FDA label, there is a good chance that the oil is not 100% what it says it is - it most likely has some additives that are probably best not to consume. For these oils in particular, I personally would not consume them, despite the fact that the labels say they are 100% "insert oil here". The fact that the label specifically says "for external use only" helps that decision :P

I lowered my rating of these oils from 5 stars to 4 simply because they are not as pure as I thought they were going to be. Still perfectly usable for their scents, but I think next time I will look for some essential oils that I can be sure are pure (I see more research in my near future... *sobs*).

These are just the basics that I gleaned from my research, but if you want to do your own I found this site very helpful:
[...]

I hope that all helps!
1010 comments|387 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2013
This is a great, inexpensive starter kit for someone interested in essential oils. My family uses doterra, and it is also amazing. For my budge this was a GREAT starter kit. I use lemongrass and sweet orange in my water. I add the eucalyptus to the basin of the shower for a spa like experience. I feel cooler and extra refreshed in this hot summer heat with a mix of peppermint and unscented lotion on my feet and behind my ears, especially while sleeping. If I am feeling tired, I put a drop of peppermint in one hand, and sweet orange in the other. I smell them each individually and rub my hands together and keep smelling the wonderful mix for a great wake up! I have put lavender drops in the sink and toilet for a refresher to the bathroom. I also mix lavender with unscented lotion to sooth razor burn and dry skin....I do wish grapefruit was in this starter kit! That would be perfect. ....I have not used tea tree oil yet. In general, I love having this kit, and I use it everyday, many times! Also know that the 10ml size bottles is PLENTY - just a drop of each oil goes a long long way!
55 comments|315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2012
I love these oils. I use lavender the most because I absolutely love the smell. Despite what another reviewer wrote, it is a true lavender, which means it has a slightly metallic, earthy smell to it. That's what real lavender smells like.

I use it to scent my home cleaning products because I hate the scent of vinegar. Since the smell is so strong, I doubted it could be masked but it truly does work. I use 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup water, and 35 drops of essential oil (35 drops sounds like a lot but it's less than 1/2 a teaspoon) and I can't smell the vinegar at all, just a lovely lavender scent.

The only reason I gave this set 4 stars instead of five is that the dropper top does leak a little. Honestly, I think most bottles of oil probably leak a little so I can't really bash these, but it does drip down the label sometimes when I turn it right side up after pouring, which wastes precious oil. Not enough to make me discontinue buying the product, but enough that it irks me when I'm using it.

Overall this is a set of lovely, concentrated oils that are beautifully scented and can be used for almost anything!
11 comment|237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2016
I've always been told I overpay for my oils. These looked nice, had nice packaging, GREAT reviews, etc. and I thought "Why not?" They shipped fast and I couldn't wait to open them.

I noticed immediately that the smell was "off" from what I'm used to with a particular company, but the consistency still felt the same when I placed a drop in my hand.

I decided to try the "Paper Towel" or "Cardboard" trick where you place a drop of oil, wait 20-60 minutes till it's dried and check to see if there's a 'ring' around where you placed the oils. I did a drop of the oils I'd been using on the top and a drop of these oils on the bottom. The drop from the oils I'd been using left behind no evidence it'd ever been there. These oils left a HUGE ring, which shows that these are NOT 100% essential oils. These oils contain fillers of some sort that makes these oils NOT what they say they are.

The oils sold at your local grocery store/whole foods stores only have to contain 5% PURE OIL and can be filled with fillers to be labeled 100% pure. Plus, these oils gave me a headache!

Find an oil company you trust, that works for you, and stick with them. Once you find them, don't shop around!

PLUS, I found after ordering that most of the reviews aren't even for THESE OILS. There were reviews for little kid sunglasses, etc.!
review image
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2015
ATTENTION: Please read this review and the other reviews for this product before you purchase! I am shopping for a set of good quality but affordable EOs for my mom and stumbled upon this item because of the high volume of reviews. I do a lot of research before purchasing anything and want to draw your attention to some of the other reviews people have left. There are 2,000+ reviews for this single item, and an overall 4.5 stars. That seems really awesome, but you should be skeptical. If you sort by "recent", you can go all the way to the very first few reviews and see that those reviews are not even for this product! It seems like the seller changed the photo, title, and description of the product completely but was somehow able to keep the ratings for the old product (baby sunglasses, novels, etc.). You can even sort by "most helpful", and scroll all the way to the last few pages (I have thumbs down a couple so you can find) and you can see that a lot of the 5 star reviews are fake reviews. How can you tell? Because some of them are copy and pasted made by different "buyers", a lot are batch reviewed of the same nature (with the same typos) all posted on the same date, some reviews I saw had 5 stars but the actual review was negative, and others were just not relevant to the product. Literally one of the reviews say "buy immediately or i'll make fun of you". Many others are just smiley faces, one worded, or say "ok" but all with 5 stars.

Disclaimer: I have not purchased this item, so maybe they're good...maybe they're bad...just don't be fooled by the number of reviews or 5-stars because it is misguided.

Please rate this review as helpful to inform other customers to be wary.
1616 comments|510 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2014
Very lovely it's a gift for my mom I like how they are samples but not small samples suprised how big the glass tubes where
review image review image review image
on June 25, 2015
Wow, I'm really happy with these oils. I am new to the essential oil world...I decided to try them after looking for a more natural treatment to itchy eczema. (You can find more uses for these oils by just searching online 'uses for essential oils')

So far I have only used the tea tree oil, and it does take a lot of the itch away. All of the oils smell strong in the sense you know they are real, not just diluted oils. I would say you definitely get what you pay for, and perhaps even more.

I will continue to buy this brand as it appears to be of excellent quality.

Also comes in a cute box, perfect for gift giving :-)
review image review image review image review image
on September 13, 2014
I do not have a lot of experience with EO's but wanted to try this brand. While they smell similar to other oils I have had they are far less potent and do not last as long.

The other HUGE red flag that stands out about this company is that the website they have tagged on the bottle, does not exist! If you look at their Facebook page it is not being maintained.

I will try to return these.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 19, 2015
These oils have the strong smell that only pure essential oils can deliver. It only takes a few drops to fill your room with exhilarating scents. I'm using mine with an electronic diffuser, but I'm sure they'd be great in other uses as well. Please see the photos I've provided in the item listing for a better look. Recommended!
review image review image review image