5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and complete
Published on April 7, 2000 by Kristen

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, horrible layout on ipad or iPhone
The book seems to have alot of useful information, but the table layout is horrible. It's impossible to be sure that 2 or more columns of text aren't mixed together. With a book that has recipes that you need to follow EXACTLY FOR SAFETY SAKE, this is a real problem!

Published 16 months ago by Bryan Noll

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and complete, April 7, 2000
This review is from: Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child: More Than 300 Natural, Nontoxic, and Fragrant Essential Oil Blends (Paperback)
This book is astoundingly thorough and complete. I cannot say enough good things about it. It covers just about every childhood ailment you can think of, and ways to treat it with aromatherapy. And not just the typical massage oils and room scents. This book goes into hydrasols, essential oil waters, and the best carrier oils to use on kids. It covers every single thing you need to know to start using essential oils on your child. Not only that, it has dietary recommendations, mental health blends for the kids, and just good advice in general. It has a wonderful A to Z section of ailments that includes detailed explanation of the symptoms, cause, and treatment. This book is just great. It even has a small section on kids who have special needs. Everything is detailed perfectly. The layout is easy to follow and conditions or informaton can be swiftly looked up. If you have kids, you really should get this book. It is so informative and easy to read. I just can't say enough good things about this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing Power of Nature, November 6, 2000
This book is an indispensable guide for every parent who thinks pro-actively about their children's long-term physical and mental health. Powerful, yet safe, aromatherapy is a sound way to treat everything from influenza to sunburn in children. Many complaints such as aches and coughs that might otherwise have to wait for a visit to the doctor can be addressed immediately at home, using the healing power of nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth it, March 1, 2002
Cheryl (Sask. Canada) - See all my reviews
I took an aromatherapy weekend seminar as an introductory to this fascinating subject. Was I surprised as to how interesting and versitile aromatherapy is. As a mother of 4 young children,I have always used natural medicine as a first priority and this has saved us many trips to the doctor and many doses of unwarranted antibiotics. I did not realize the potential that essential oils possess until I took the seminar. I bought this book after I took the seminar and have used it lots especially the oil blends for respiratory problems. I also have used her other book called The Fragrant Pharmacy and this book is LOADED with information. This lady knows her oils and is one of the best there is.You won't regret buying it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book great price, June 29, 2000
By A Customer
If you buy this book you will for sure get your monies worth. It is a great book for those of us who are a littel worried about making suggestion to parents for using aromatherapy on their children. If you are new to aromatherapy be sure to include this book in your library. It won't stay on the shelf long; you will read it many times over. Great book. Buy it you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Blending Guide I own, and I own over 30 books, March 19, 2006
I Love this book, I use it for all memebers of my family.

Its not just for kids, each blend can be used on anyone.

I love the science of EOs, however this book doesnt offer that info on it, but does offer the BEST BLENDS I have ever used.

I know what each oil does, and even when I am sure of what oils I am going to use I find myself opening this book and each oil I have thought on my own to use because I know how great it is for a certain condition, is the oils she has mentioned to use.

Plus the ease of finding what you are need to a blend for is great. The A to Z type of format is wonderful.

As I mentioned I am aware of each oils chemical makeup and find this book to give the best oil for each conditoin.

This is a MUST HAVE. You will be so PLEASED.

Plus make sure to blend up the room disfect spray. I love this spray and use to so often.

BUY this BOOK you will always find yourself going to it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, horrible layout on ipad or iPhone, May 5, 2013

I usually prefer to buy kindle books because they are based on a more universal platform, but this is one where the iBooks version is hands down better with not only its look, but most importantly, the table layout.

I recommend the book, but not through kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars an absolute must have for the family- great for beginner to EOs, October 16, 2013
The review by 'soufy' pretty much says it all so I won't elaborate too much more. But to add a couple of things...I got into EOs as a way to take care of my family. I have read or skimmed many books on EOs and while they have provided many recipes or provided a lot of the science behind EOs, none compare to this book in regards to the practical application of EOs in the home. This book gives you detailed info on the various methods for using EOs (something I haven't found anywhere else), how to set up you medicine cabinet, what to put in it, which EOs are safe at what ages, etc. In other words- for the beginner (me) or someone who doesn't have the time to research everything yourself (me!) and simply need some 'here is what to do' instructions-- this book is all you need! Like 'soufy', I can't say enough good things about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for children, January 20, 2006
This book was worth the price for the "sniffles and snuffles" recipe alone! A single drop of that remedy and my chronically ear-infected, sinus infected child 18 month old easily without any cough syrup (which upsets his stomach violently).

This book is an excellent reference for those wishing to use essential oils on children. It breaks the oils for use down by age and each recipe gives allowable substitutions, so you can tailor it for the child with whom you are working.

I use both of Ms. Wormwood books extensively. She generously shares her knowledge and her craft.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, May 12, 2007
Unlike Worwoods other book The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: Over 600 Natural, Non-Toxic and Fragrant Recipes to Create Health - Beauty - a Safe Home Environment, the oils she suggests in this one are difficult to come by. I have used many of her suggestions for other modalities and have found them helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite EO book, May 9, 2014
This is my favorite essential oil book so far. The outline of it is AMAZING. Great intro sections, then a fabulous A-Z conditions part, that covers a vast number of common childhood conditions. This author knows her stuff, gives solid advice on safety. Would highly recommend. One caveat: as it was written several years ago, some newer research is not incorporated into her suggestions for safety, so I would cross-reference with newer research via. Tisserand's Essential Oil Safety.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›