Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 9, 2015
Super Awesome book!! Such a fun way to learn color work and different types of knitting. A great addition to any knitter's library. I'm almost finished with the socks on the cover and they are beautiful!!
on December 8, 2011
Really well done. Even tho I only occasionally knit socks, the designs in this book were so lovely I had to buy it for a future project. It takes a lot for me to buy a book after previewing it at the library. Btw, you could easily adapt the colorwork designs for hats, mittens and another accessories.
on October 2, 2013
These patterns all use double pointed needles. I probably would not have purchased the book if I had known that. However , the patterns are beautiful and I am going to try and adapt them to one long circular needle when I have more time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2013
Have you ever looked through a pattern book and really loved the design on the cover but only found one or two other patterns you really liked? It's not worth buying the book. This book isn't like that. Twenty-six designs and only one I'm not that crazy about. There are so many patterns I want to make I'm having a hard time deciding which one to start first. The instructions are easy to follow and if you don't know what some of the knitting terms mean there is a section that explains what they are AND how to do them. There are plenty of pictures that show the socks at different angles, giving excellent views of the cuff, toe, heal, and even the sole if it's patterned differently from the rest of the sock. The book suggests using Regia yarn but I can't find it in any of the shops where I live or Online. Still, the patterns I've used work up wonderfully with good quality fingering weight or sock yarns. I love knitting socks and I will be using this book for many years.
on October 15, 2015
Such a beautiful book! Just browsing through it is inspiring. I loved the fact that the patterns are a new take on traditional motifs and knitting techniques. These socks are not for the beginner, but the most advanced knitter will surely learn something, and enjoy doing it!
on April 21, 2013
Not my favorite book, since the patterns require using a tiny size O needle to accommodate the large number of stitches. I may try one or two, but that is all.
on March 11, 2012
I'm ready for the next level of socks. This book has everything I am ready to try; lace, colors, different styles. Started making Christmas presents already. The whole family wants socks and everyone can choose their favorite.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2011
I would highly recomend this book to every sock knitter, no matter what level. From the front to back covers this book is packed with information, along with sock patterns that are so great. I could not put this book down once I purchased it, it also is truly a coffee table book. The pictures are excellent. No matter what level of sock knitting, there are sock patterns for beginners as well as the pros nad in between as well. This book is truly a conversation piece, I love each and every one of the patterns. The book is very well written and very informative, with a wealth of information to boot. Great book! I love it, and I am so happy I added it to my library of knitting books. For sock knitters, this book is a "must have" for sure!
on March 2, 2013
Stephanie continues to impress me. This book is a fantastic collection of well written and interesting patterns. Many of them involve colorwork, but there are a number of patterns with textured stitches, cables, and lace as well. The only thing that could have improved it in my opinion would be to include a bit more background information on the region that inspired each pattern.
on July 24, 2011
I'm not big on colorwork socks. Makes the socks less elastic, and hard as a portable project, which much of my knitting needs to be. Primarly colorwork socks. Apparently world sock-knitters don't do solid colors. All cuff-down. I prefer toe-up, so I'd have to translate anything I'd want to make. If you like colorwork, this could be for you, but I was hoping for a more broadly focused approach to world sock design.