Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Around the World with Mouk
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 18, 2009
FINALLY!

I'm so happy that there is a Marc Boutavant book published / translated for the US market and what a book! From what I understand this is Mr. Boutavant's first solo book, one that he has both written alone and illustrated and it is a great introduction to his whimsical illustration work!

Little kids (and adults alike!)will love poring over the art of each page, following Mouk's every single step in the various countries he visits. Mr. Boutavant leaves no corner unadorned, which invites the reader to gladly re-visit Mouk and his friends over and over!

I hope this book is successful enough in the US that his other books will be translated!
VINE VOICEon June 28, 2011
This is a gorgeous book, Marc Boutavant is a stunning illustrator. This book has a nice fat puffy hard cover with thick glossy pages and comes with stickers. We got this four our girls when they were about 3 years old, mistake. We had to remove and hide the stickers so they didn't tear into them and use them up poorly, and the words were just not engaging to them, even at age 4 they are still not engaged by the text when read to them. Also important to note, we found that it is a little difficult to read the text (small text on dark colors on pages super busy crammed with lots of little images). I think this book is better for older kids who read well on their own. The idea behind it is great, and it is a little educational in terms of what other places are like. It was just not well suited for what we were/are after, an engaging picture book that we parents read to our little ones. I think this is still a very worthwhile book and I am glad we own it and the girls will enjoy a lot one day, they will have fun reading it, looking at the pictures almost like an I spy because there is much there to see on each page, and putting the stickers on the pages in the book, so I would recommend this book and would still buy it again, but just for slightly older kids.
on March 20, 2011
We love MOUK and we are so happy that this title is now available in English! Here is a suggestion, if you love MOUK: you will be madly in love with another French character 'Barbapapa'! Barbapapa (meaning Cotton Candy in French) is both the title character, and name of the "species" of said character, of a series of children's books written in the 1970s by Annette Tison and Talus Taylor, who resided in Paris, France. You can still purchase the books and DVD's in Europe (or through Amazon.fr - available in French or Amazon.co.jp with DVD's available in French/English/Japanese, make sure to get a multi-region DVD player). The story is always educational and there is always a message: to protect the earth, the animals, nature. One of the most positive books for children ever created! Barbapapa was and still is a huge hit in France, Belgium and Japan. Unfortunately, Barbapapa was never really distributed in the USA. If you want to bring up your children with a positive and peaceful message, you should give Barbapapa a try! One of the most undiscovered gems in children's literature. Barbapapa is the best!
on November 23, 2009
Ok I just saw/read/pored over this book and I don't know where to begin putting my excitement into words... I'm willing to bet you've never seen a book THAT colorful, THAT sweet and that happy. It's a blissful journey of Mouk through different lands and gives little details about the culture, geography, and foods of that area. It's a brilliant and delightful way to teach kids about different places on the globe. It's so thrilling, that I at my 33 years of age, will absolutely buy one not only for many of the kids I know, but also for myself. This could be a cool gift for a designer friend. It's so flawlessly executed that it will absolutely appeal to artsy, design-conscious adults. The stickers are through the roof as well... So much to play with! So much to learn!
on December 30, 2015
My 5 year old was already a fan of the show and loves this book as an extension of it. We're big fans of Boutavant's art, and the book is vibrant and filled with all kinds of interactions and treats to discover. The pages are sturdy and laminated and the "stickers" adhere by static, like Colorforms, which makes them endlessly reusable. We attached an envelope to hold all of the pieces once they are pulled off the sheet.

Highly recommended, and if there are ever additional titles in the series we are getting them!
on August 19, 2015
Beside being an extremely culturally enriching book for children, this book allows hours of self-exploration for children who are not able to read yet. We had it for months, and it is now being used in the kids bathroom for potty trainees. My two year old can spend long periods of time just exploring the book. Just giving ideas to parents out there!
on May 3, 2015
What a great illustrator. Lots of little details to look at-MOUK travels across the world... meets his friends. I wish more kids books were this busy and fun to look at. Reminds me of a french version of Richard Scarry.
on March 1, 2016
Love this book. It's eye candy with all the beautiful artwork and awesome stories. I will be getting this for friends children's birthdays! My daughter is to young to play with the stickers, but she likes the pictures.
on July 10, 2013
This is a wonderful showcase of this illustrator's work, and the lively scenes do not fail to disappoint. There are discoveries of the smallest details that continue to surprise even after you've looked at the book many times.

I was unfamiliar with Boutavant's work, and ran across this in Chinese while taking a long trip to Hong Kong. Even though I have a first grader's command of the language, I was struck by how much could be communicated even without reading the text bubbles. My 6 year old has been reading this book for hours and the vinyl stickers are a nice playful touch as well. When we returned to the states, we purchased the English version, and found that the text adds to but isn't necessary to enjoy this book!

Highly recommend, for visual fun-loving adults and children 4+.
on July 29, 2015
Mouk has fascinated both my children. So much to look at and the illustrations are fantastic. I will admit I got really sick of reading this one...because it was requested so many times and there's so much in it. Still, I think it's a perfect birthday gift.