5.0 out of 5 stars a great one, October 12, 2000
This review is from: El Arracadas [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I lost track of time the first time I watched this...it has a freedom to it, and a gutsy raw energy that's riveting. It's a tale of revenge, of how hatred can kill you, and how if you stay alive with the feeling, you're as good as dead.
It contains quite a lot of violence, as well as much humor, some spicy slang, and a large portion of wisdom. It's well written, and the acting is exceptional.
Vicente Fernández is marvelous and Mario Almada absolutely superb. I'll have to get more films starring this actor. He's really special. (amazon has 72 matches for him...none with any information. I guess I'll be writing some 1st reviews !).
The scenery is spectacular, the women beautiful, and the music ! It has many terrific songs, but most of all, I like a good ending, and this has a great one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this movie, July 18, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: El Arracadas [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Vicente Fernandez became a role model since the day I saw this movie.The character was brave. The end of the story is like most mexican movies, but that's what makes them different from Hollywood (warriors die in the battlefield)

5.0 out of 5 stars best classic ever!, November 3, 2014
This review is from: Arracadas (DVD)
Vicente Fernandez is great, i love this movie!!!! if you like him you will definitely like this movie and any other movie that he has ever acted in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Film! However....., February 17, 2011
Christopher T. Casey (Stillwater, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arracadas (DVD)
This 1978 film from the vastly underrated and sadly overlooked director, Alberto Mariscal, is truly a gem of Mexican cinema.
However, the product description here on Amazon states that the disc has English subtitles--and that is NOT the case.
I speak and understand enough Spanish that this is not a problem for me; but, I wanted to make potential buyers/viewers aware that this DVD does not contain English subtitles, as stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's my video, January 17, 2000
Jose Rubio (Phoenix, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: El Arracadas [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I ordered this video tape about 3 months ago. I've already send the payment, and I still haven't got anything back. I would like to know what's wrong with my order. If you are having problems with my order, then send me back the money order. I'm sick of waiting. I don't appreciate the kind of service you're offering.

Arracadas
Arracadas by Arturo Martínez (DVD - 2003)
$12.95 $6.19