4.0 out of 5 stars Arrow Fastener Arrow PT50 Pneumatic Staple Gun
This is a decent tool. The fit and finish are good, and the included case is great to keep it protected and clean when not in use. The included oil is a bonus, and the nozzle is innovative as it stores inside the bottle upside down avoiding an oily mess. A drop of oil before use, always. Loading staples is easy, adjusting the exhaust nozzle is too.

This thing...
Published 10 months ago by Gauda

2.0 out of 5 stars Works for a short time then jams
Published 2 months ago by mikadogs

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrow Fastener Arrow PT50 Pneumatic Staple Gun, January 4, 2014
Gauda (CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Arrow Fastener Arrow PT50 Pneumatic Staple Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

This thing had no problem shooting the 3/8" staples into softwood of all types, even into their knots. They sat just below the surface, perfect. Even in softer hardwoods like poplar and cherry. In maple the staple was flush. In harder tropical woods this thing had trouble sinking the staples. Often they would scrunch up. In the end grain it was better, but not tangential or radial grain. Air pressure was set to 90psi.

I had more than a couple misfires, as in, no staple came out after shooting. I didn't have any jams, where I had to dig out a staple from the tool. This happened in the soft and hard woods. What I wish this tool had was a little window in the magazine. The Surebonder stapler I have, that is very similar to this one, has that and performs better. The fit and finish isn't as good though.

The best thing about this tool is its ability to use T50 type staples. This is a great tool for a homeowner type and would be very useful for upholstery, crafts, and things of that nature. I'm not sure where it's made, but if I had to guess I'd say China or possibly Taiwan. Overall, a good tool and useful for a DIY homeowner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrow Fastener Staple Gun, January 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked this staple gun right out of the box. With the exception of the staples it was ready to go to work. It even has the air fitting, which some other pneumatic tools I have purchase did not.

I put it to work right away reupholstering a chair seat for a chair in my shop. I like the fact it can handle a variety of sizes of staples. It feels good in the hand and set the staples nicely, countersinking them slightly in the fabric. I shot a couple into the wood (I think maple or some other hardwood) and the staple stayed right at the surface. With a little adjustment I was able to countersink slightly. I would recommend this staple gun for anyone needing a nice solidly made tool, both for commercial and home use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty solid for a lightweight staple gun, January 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very pleased with the Arrow PT50 Pneumatic Staple Gun. For me, a person with arthritic fingers who reupholsters and makes garden lath trellises, this is the perfect tool. Not only does it accommodate different size staples, it secures them into the wood or fabric with a slight countersink which makes them nearly invisible. I reupholstered my sewing bench cushion using the staple gun and was surprised how easily the molded grip fit my hand.

The gun has the air fitting so it was ready to go out of the box. Also, it protective case keeps it clean when not in use. Also in the box is a supply of heavy duty 3/8-inch staples and a squeeze bottle of oil for use with the (not included) automatic oiler and two hex wrenches.

NOTE: To operate, you'll need an air compressor, one that doesn't exceed 200psi. (The PT50 is designed to work with air pressures between 60 and 100psi.)

It's a fairly solid gun, but for lightweight projects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but hard to compete with Surebonder 9600 price, January 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have two pneumatic staplers...this one and the Surebonder 9600. I have had the Surebonder for about three years now. The one currently displayed in the picture on Amazon looks a tiny bit different. Bottom line: I would have trouble paying the extra money for the Arrow compared to the much cheaper Surebonder. I have put many hundreds of staples through the Surebonder and it has never jammed. The two products are quite similar. The Arrow stapler is a bit prettier (if you care about stapler appearance). They both have a rubber grip and an adjustable exhaust air deflector. The safety mechanism on both is basically the same but the Arrow has a little anti-mar boot on the tip. I would be more concerned about that on my pin nailer though. The latch mechanism to open the Arrow was a bit odd (black paddle that you can see at the aft end in the picture) but it works fine. However, on mine I had to hold open the latch with the paddle to close the stapler after loading. The Surebonder latch is very simple; push the tab to open then shut the slide after reloading and it locks. I tested the two staplers side by side today. They both worked fine. The Surebonder drove a staple every time. Several times the Arrow didn't put a staple in when fired. This might just be a matter of the new gun needing to be loosened up though. All staples that were driven by either gun were driven nicely. I have never adjusted either gun. My regulator is set around 90. I have no inline oiler, I just put the drops of oil in the air fitting of the tool whenever I use it. I haven't used either stapler on hard wood so I can't comment on driving power. In particle board/plywood/MDF type applications both worked fine. Both staplers came with a reasonably nice hard case and decent instructions (although neither instruction manual explains what to do with the allen wrenches that are included...never have needed them though so no big deal). The cases for both just use thin plastic as a "hinge" rather than a real hinge so both will die eventually. The Arrow has a dust cap for the air fitting. The Surebonder has a little window so you can see about how many staples are left. So, like I said at the beginning, this stapler (Arrow) works fine but my Surebonder cost less and has worked without a problem for about three years of occasional use driving many hundreds of staples in total. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size for our use, January 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This fits my hand nicely, feels sturdy but not heavy. I'm a senior woman and will use the staple gun mainly for framing pictures and creating garden trellis work from lathing strips. Set come with a nice sturdy box and a full box of heavy duty 3/8 staples and a small squeeze bottle of oil. It is recommended that you connect the unit with an inline filter and automatic oiler, not included. If now using the auto oil, then apply 5-6 drops before every use.

The only problem I had was cutting the zip tie that held the case shut, knife, scissor finally rose clipper worked. Nice piece of equipment to have in the garden shed, along side your air compressor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Staple Gun, especially for the price, drives staples very well., July 6, 2014
I bought my staple gun at a local big box home improvement store due to availability but found it surprisingly good, especially for the price. In my experience installing a convertible top on my car. It drove 1/2" staples very well into the plastic "trim sticks." It also bent over the staples to flush when I accidentally drove 1/2" staples into a a channel with a depth of roughly 3/8" and then 3/8" staples into the header bow with a depth of 1/4". In short the gun had sufficient power to drive the staples in and when they bottomed out it still drove them flush even when they had to mushroom over to be flush. But when the staples weren't too long, the gun drove them nicely and never though the top material. I only had the gun jam once on me (3 staples total) and that was when the last couple in the stick fell over and jammed the feed for the net partial stick. Once I cleaned the damaged staples and got good sticks of staples in the gun it worked great again. I drove probably 200-250 staples. I have not used this again since that night but I expect it to work flawlessly the next time too. I count the misfire as operator error since I only had a short stick of staples (about a dozen) in the gun and then added more. I would definitely buy this staple gun again if I didn't already own it.

Oh, and I found it works much better with staples that have a sawtooth look when looking at a stick from the side than just a "chisel point" where the staples are flat along the stick and then have a chisel look when viewed from the end. I don't know which were new and which were old staples as I've owned several Arrow T50 staple guns over the years but I did notice a difference in performance although it worked well with either type. The sawtooth type didn't require quite as hard a grip and didn't kick back as much although recoil is near non-existent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight, light price and heavy usage, February 18, 2014
Length:: 5:00 Mins

I am always curious the actual size of such items and we show you in this video the sizing and capabilities of the Arrow PT50 Staple Gun. It was able to drive the included staples flush into a 2x4 letting us know things like picture frames, furniture and even the walls we plan on hanging insulation will be no problem.

The gun handles a wide sizing of staples which adds to it's capabilities. We easily loaded the staples using the secondary trigger to release the staple tray, hooked it up to the air compressor and were ready to go . The provided oil is a nice touch when using home compressors to make sure you can lubricate the gun.

We did not have issues with stuck staples during the video or garage testing. Make sure you are using the right PSI (they suggest 60 to 100). We ran ours at about 85-90 anticipating hitting some knots as we hung insulation.

The contact safety mechanism would not let it fire unless it was pressed down. Not something we recommend testing but good to know it is there. The weight is good. Not too heavy so just about anyone could use this. I think they did a great job of affordability and capability with this model.

Always wear your safety goggles please. See the review for the unboxing, testing and usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrow Fastener Arrow PT50 Pneumatic Staple Gun, January 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't believe how easy it was to use this and loading the staples took about 10 seconds. When I used it on the bar I was reupholstering it gave me clean, fully sunk evenly, staples as I did the edges. The light weight of it made it easy to continue working long after I normally give up because of the light weight of the tool. Usually my hands hurt so bad after just 15 minutes I have to stop for 30 minutes or more and then try again. I keep going with this for over an hour before I took a break. It will be so easy to keep clean and the case is nice and compact so not a big over sized bulky case to put away. I kind of thought all guns were pretty much equal but this one sure beats the ones I've used in the past. I'll have to give my old heavy clunker to Goodwill because I'll never be able to sell it but I'm using this one from now on. good bye sore hands and hello doing many, many more hours of upholstering...

2.0 out of 5 stars Works for a short time then jams, September 19, 2014
Worked great at first, but then after about a day of steady use, it started misfiring. I thought it was just a fluke, but then the misfires got worse and worse to the point that it misfired more than it actually stapled. Each time, the hammer (or whatever that part that hits the staples) seemed to get jammed or a staple would jam. As I took a closer look into that area where the staples jammed or the hammer jammed, it looked like there was a jagged piece of metal in there where it should be smooth (causing the staples or hammer to get caught). Needless to say, I had to return this. I'm going for the more expensive Bosch pneumatic stapler next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Love It, January 15, 2014
Richard Wagoner (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I LOVE pneumatic tools. They are lightweight and powerful. I never really thought of a pneumatic staple gun, though. Turns out I love this too.

Makes easy work of projects (I used it to put the back panel on a shelving unit, a desk, assemble some drawers and -- perhaps strangely -- staple a report together for my son's science project. MUCH easier to use than manual, and even works easier and more accurately than my electric staple gun.

Seems to be very solidly built in spite of its light weight. Easy to use, easy to load, and overall just a lot of fun shooting staples into and around projects!

Arrow Fastener Arrow PT50 Pneumatic Staple Gun