5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about this cross bow.
Published on February 17, 2011 by David diaz

3.0 out of 5 stars Second Thoughts.
Published on August 18, 2011 by magik shroom

3.0 out of 5 stars Second Thoughts., August 18, 2011
This review is from: Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit (175-Pounds) (Sports)
Seriously man I had my doubts. I haven't shot a crossbow in years and I haven't been hunting in just as long. But all that's about to change; This crossbow is an excellent tool! Extremely powerful! I live in downtown Chicago so I had to dial it in down in the basement and well, I shot a hole right through my target and on through my two ply, metal, back door! My wife is going to kill me, haha! It only took me four shots to dial it in. It is definitely dead on balls accurate and powerful. The Instructions make it simple to put it together, however, it's hard to understand a couple of the pictures. You can figure it out, if you use your noggin. I will say though, BEWARE OF THE PULLY STRING! I am talking about the cocking string accessory that is supposed to help you in cocking the weapon. It will tear up your rail if your not careful. Be very careful. I only scratched the paint but i can see if i pushed it, I could have done some serious damage. I will just stick to manually loading the weapon. It's much more personal that way anyway; So, If you are new to shooting crossbows or an ol' shooter returning to the hunt, I highly recommend you pick up this crossbow! IN THE BOX: Comes with one kick a** crossbow, one tube of rail lube, removable adjustable rear iron site/open sight, red dot sight(has no magnification, just a decent sight. But it's Not cheesy at all), a String Pulley Cable(this is what I warned you about;), slightly padded shoulder strap(it's decent but a little short for a 6'2" person), a foot brace which is heaven for cocking the weapon, a stringer cable to help with changing strings, and (4)Four 16" arrows. It can take 20" arrows as well. Optimal performance for broad heads = 100grain broadhead with a 20" arrow and a 125grain for the 16" arrow. Well, I think that about covers it. This puppy is mobile, agile and hostile....Happy Hunting.

**UPDATE** I almost want to take a star away for not being able to find replacement strings! I even went to inferno website and no dice. If anyone can help me out as to where to find replacement strings, I would greatly appreciate it!!
***UPDATE2*** The Fiberglass limb is starting to splinter after approximately 100 shots!

AS you can see I was very impressed at first, however, after using this bow for target practice the limb started to splinter after only 100 shots.

***Update 3*** Ok I went back and gave this bow one more star, but only because I was able to find a replacement limb on eBay. I bought a 150lb replacement limb, which in turn enabled me to find replacement strings. However, I definitely lost some power, the 150lb limb definitely slowed the fps down. I still use this bow for fun but I wouldn't trust it to drop any game at anything further than 40 - 50 yards tops.

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about this cross bow., February 17, 2011
I got this crossbow right on time the exact date it said Feb 16 2011. This crossbow is really powerful i would take cation when shooting it. Ok i shot it over 23 times already , the bolts that it comes with a very reliable and the tips are sharp.Just as an example of how powerful this bow is , i shot at a 2x4 piece of wood on a fence ,a house wall , an old tv , and a stop sign . yess i know but i was bored . but any way it went right through each of them no problem so you could imagine what it would do to flesh.As for the scope , the red dot sight is nice and pretty accurate you might have to adjust it before target shooting tho.If you rather have a different sight , it comes with an iron sight as well. It also comes with the strap and rail lube .Rail lube helps maintain your bow string from wereing down and it reduces friction so it shoots alot smother. The distances i shot at ,10 20 30 35 yards ,were pretty acurate ,40 yards i say is pushing it. It comes with a rope cocking device that loads it a lot easier than by hand .The color is the camo that you see in the picture but its a little bit darker and not as animated looking in reality so it looks better. Asembly is very easy and if you need help there is a video on youtube to help . just type in infurno furry cross bow asembly and it should work. I would recomend this crossbow to anyone starting out or any one new to them .Comment on any questions you have about this item i check them daily and will be gald to help you ,also let me know if my review helped any . Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars More than surprised and in more than one way!, October 17, 2013
The Arrow Precision Inferno Fury crossbow came nicely boxed with all the parts. The instructions they ship with it IS junk but a little searching on the net for their website & I came up with their online instructions that are a bit better.

The stock itself is a hefty piece and looks like it will last forever and may even survive an accidental drop from a tree stand. The bow and string seem serviceable. The scope mounting rail is nice and seems stable enough to stay sighted in. Not to sure about the fixed sights and the adjustment setting knob for it but since it comes with a ranging scope I don't think anyone will even be using them. The supplied scope is OK but mine has the ranging dots slightly canted to the left by 5 to 10 degrees but would still work. The cammo job on the crossbow is very nice.

Now on to the assembly. There is a plastic piece that goes where the back side of the bow touches the stock, the plastic lip on it goes to the bottom where the bow will rest inside the stock or so the website says (I will come back to this in a bit) and there is a steel plate that pinches the bow in place. Put the supplied rubber pads on their correct places of both the plastic piece and the steel pinch plate. Now back out the set screw a little and then slide the bow in with the tips up. You can tell the bow is not exactly straight so look it over before you slide it in. Now slide in the steel pinch plate and screw in the set screw inside the dimple on the plate till you can just barely move the bow back and forth inside the stock. Now make sure to center the bow inside the stock using a tape measure measuring to the nock the string rests in and NOT the end of the bow like the instructions says cause the ends may be different lengths than the actual nock distance and its important that the string is evenly divided on both sides. Tighten down the set screw nice and tight. Recheck all of this after stringing the bow and occasional during the life of the crossbow just to see if everything is still good. Now put the stirrup on the front of the stock to help string the bow.

Stringing the bow for me was a bit of a challenge since the part they sent me to assist with this BROKE. No problem, I'm a big boy now and nothing a little brawn & brains cant overcome. I placed the string in the nock on the left side of the bow and then put my foot in the stirrup. Place a washcloth on the floor to protect the left end of the bow and bend over and grasp the right side of the bow KEEPING PRESSURE ON THE STIRUP WITH YOUR FOOT AT ALL TIMES. Now simultaneously put downward pressure on the left side by pressing the stock down to the left & pull up on the right side of the bow. Slide the string up the backside of the bow with a thumb till the loop slips over the end of the bow and settle it into place inside the nock by gently relieving pressure after the loop of the string goes over the tip of the bow. Do this evenly on both sides of the bow to keep from overstressing one side or the other. Not that hard unless you have no balance and coordination and I was not getting that tingly 'spider sense' you get when you know you are doing something dangerous.

Now to install the quiver. Screw the bottom of the quick lock base to the stock, it doesn't matter about how, just line up the holes and screw it firmly down. Now look inside the top piece and make sure that someone didn't install the cam lock upside down like they did in mine. Push the lever in & out and if the little tab that goes inside the groove on the outside of the base doesn't have a gap between it and the bottom of the inside of this piece it is in upside down. If the tab has no gap, push the pin out and flip the lever over then reinsert the pin. No problem. Make sure it will lock into the base then remove it from the base and screw it onto the quiver. You can set it up for left or right hand when you lock it on since it will go on either way. Right handers will want the fletching on the left side.

I removed my front fixed sight to help in loading the bolt and slid the rear sight off the back of the scope rail to make room for a Horton 2-7X32 ranging scope that, so far, is doing great and after installing said scope I went to cock the bow with the cocking device. Hehh, no instructions for how to do it either in the boxed instructions or on their website. No problem, that's what critical thinking is for. After looking things over a bit I figured it out. On the back side of the stock right above where your trigger hand would be when your holding the crossbow like you were going to shoot it there is a raised ridge running parallel to the bow. Put you foot in the stirrup and place the middle of the string under the ridge on the stock and then put the little claw things on the string from the bottom up and grasp the handles and pull up till the string catches inside to retainer. Doing this will also put the crossbow into the 'safe' position at the same time but as with all weapons, NEVER trust a loaded weapon with your or someone else's safety or life so do not point it in an unsafe manner after putting in a bolt.

Now to go outside under the streetlight to sight it in. From 25 feet I shot it a few times to see what kind of pattern I was getting & I was impressed. All the bolts were inside a 2 inch area and the trigger is light and breaks consistently. I adjusted the scope a bit & backed up to 5o feet then out to 75 which is as far as I'm going till I get my 20 inch bolts & broad heads to do my final sighting in with.

At one point I cocked the crossbow and when I went to knock the safety into the fire position it wouldn't go. Hmm, what's the problem? Well it seems I forgot to put a bolt in and the crossbow apparently has a safety mechanism that will keep you from dry firing the crossbow and thereby causing damage to it. NICE! I had noticed a little lever on the left side of the scope rail and couldn't figure out what it was for before I accidentally found this feature. Still not to sure what it is actualy for but I bet it has something to do with this feature.

Right now it seems to be a very accurate and consistent shooting weapon. Yes, I said weapon cause this thing is no toy and is quite capable or a tragic outcome without using your common sense and definitely anyone that is unfamiliar with gun safety or underage needs to be trained and/or supervised at all times.

After all this I inspected the crossbow & the bow itself is now firmly touching the top of the stock and no longer touching the little lip on the plastic piece I mentioned at the start of this little instructional review. I will call the manufacture tomorrow and go over this with them. I suspect that the lip is supposed to be at the top to keep the fiberglass from touching and rubbing on the stock but I could be wrong.

My first impressions are very favorable with the crossbow itself. It seems to be well made.

The scope they sent is not the best but it would likely be very serviceable to use and will make a nice backup.

The cocking device is nice and well built and I am more than satisfied with it.

The quiver release seems a bit, well,,, plastic and probably wont take a good fall without getting destroyed but I think I can do something a bit more permanent if it gets damaged should this happen. I wouldn't be able to remove the quiver at will then but who knows, I may not even want it on at all in the end and get or make a belt quiver to go on my side.

The stringing assist thing they sent to help put the string on is a dangerous piece of junk since when it broke I was in the process of cocking the crossbow and it scared the crap out of me but didn't actually hurt me and I'm not to sure I even want a replacement. Once is enough thank you very much, I will do it on my own or buy a good one!

Overall Impressions so far? Well worth the money and aside from the stringing thing & the upside down quiver locking device everything seems more than worth the money. I will update this if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crossbow for the money, September 21, 2012
I recently purchased this crossbow for my son. He is just beginning to express some interest in hunting with mebut a compound bow for him is tough. 1- its a lot of practice for a beginner and 2- They cost a lot of money and he will outgrow it.
I was in the big shops looking at 500-1500 crossbows and getting depressed. I checked out Amazon and saw this one for 150 bucks. Unbelievable! Of course I was very leery but since it had so many great reviews I bought it.
It was boxed nice as many before me stated. It was easyish to put togethor- there was a few things that I felt were lacking in the instructions but I figured it out. I put it all togethor and took my son out back to shoot it. It literally took me 4 arrows to get it sighted in. It shoots great. Mine is hitting very tight groups. One thing to mention- BUY ARROWS! I shot all 4 arrows - just once each because every one of them broke on their first shot into a foam target with field points. I went to the sports store and bought 6 more pretty cheap and they are working fine. You CANNOT hunt with these flimsy cheap arrows that come with it. Save the time running to the store and buy some with your order. I bought 20 inch #2219 replacement bolts (arrows)and they work awesome. One other thing, I am new at crossbows so maybe this is common sense but do not overlube the rails. I noticed that when I rerally put a good amount of lube my arrows stopped grouping and shot erratically. Once I wiped off most of my gooyey mess I started shooting very tight groups again. Just something to keep another newbie aware of.

1.0 out of 5 stars must've got a bad one..., November 30, 2013
I so wanted to like this bow. Inexpensive, powerful, came with a lot of extras, what wasn't there to like? Unfortunately, the bow I received was impossible to site in. The bolts were not even close to grouping together, no matter what we did. after two weeks of trying everything possible to correct the problem, I gave up and returned it. I'm glad so many people have had success with this product and I really wanted to be one of them but there was no way it was going to be possible to hunt with this bow as erratically as it was shooting and that was the reason I was getting it in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great deal, March 23, 2012
this has to be the best deal on a crossbow I've ever seen, I was going to buy one of these last year and kept waiting, then every place ran out of stock, six months later now they're back, I got mine and would advise others that have been wanting one to get it before they're gone again

set up was a breeze all you need that's not in the box is a phillips head screwdriver, I did have to repair the safety lever to get it to release but it was a simple fix

after setup and lube, I set up target practice at 10 yrds as recommended, my target center was a 3.5" red dot with black cross hair lines... first shot about 2" high and almost dead center, second shot widened the same hole slightly to the left... move back to the 15 yrd mark, fresh paper target, 2 shots same hole breaking all four lines of the crosshairs

that was out of the box no adjustments on the sights shooting off a table mount gun rest... I haven't even installed the scope so I won't comment on the quality of it, the scope has no brand markings, it's an electronic three red dot with 7 settings and fairly heavy for its size... that's all I can say at this point, but for this deal I'd still be happy even if the scope is no good

I've shot higher dollar crossbows that wasn't this accurate... for the price and the quality of the Arrow Precision Inferno Fury it's a 5 star winner in my opinion... I'm buying a second one just in case they discontinue the model

I think some people leaving 1 star reviews are trying to install the launch string without the assistance of the stringer rope... had a friend break his bow this way, he called and ask why there was a long string and a short string and neither one fit... I explained that you install the long string, cock the bow then install the short string and fire the bow while holding the string to stretch it slowly then pull the stringing rope out from under the ends of the bow string

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrow Precision No Responce., December 11, 2013
Bought the inferno fury crossbow for my son last Christmas. This fall, while dear hunting, the shooting mechanism broke. I have left several messages with the company explaining the problem and asking how to get it fixed or replaced. They have not responded. I don't know enough about the product to know if this is a problem that can be repaired or not. However, many inferior companies will offer the promise of a great product and warranty. The way they can do this is to provide you with a phone number and when the product breaks they simply don't answer or call back. Poor outfit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad overall. Very good for the price., December 12, 2013
First, I would call this an intermediate or young hunter's crossbow. It is inexpensive for a reason. I own an Excalibur Matrix crossbow too, and I bought the Arrow-Precision Fury II for my 15 yr old son. As long as you understand that you are not paying for (and therefore expecting) a top of the line product, you will not be disappointed.

Assembly is easy enough. No real issues there. Parts came in all in shape with no defects in the equipment shipped.

CONS:
Product is great for target practice, but only "adequate" for hunting deer. Its range is limited for deer hunting in my opinion due to the substantial drop in the projectile when shooting at distance. This also affects the kinetic energy (the punch power) of the arrow at distance which makes working on adjustments to compensate for the drop a waste of time since the arrow likely will not penetrate enough into the animal anyway. My observations show that when shooting at 50 yds, the arrow drops around 4-6 feet in the last 10-15 yds before hitting the target. Also, the arrow (with field point) only penetrated the 400 fps rated target block 2-3 inches. In the event the drop numbers posted don't mean much to you, at 50 yds you cannot use the red dots in the scope to hit the target unless you adjust the scope mounting bracket angle. Without adjusting the mount, the arrow will simply hit the dirt some 10-20 feet in front of the animal if you try putting the bottom red dot above the top of a live deer at 50 yds.

Accuracy is okay. I can get about a 1 inch spread with my much more expensive bow, but with this bow I was grouping around 6 inches at 30 yds (using the rope cocking device). I think some of this larger grouping is due to paralax in the red dot scope, but I am an avid enough shooter that I don't believe the scope is all to blame. A six inch group is still alright to hunt deer with, but I would say that it is pushing the envelope to it's edge. Purchasing a scope that has no paralax will improve your grouping and very likely lower your risk of shooting a deer outside of the kill zone.

String wear. Not sure if it is the string itself that comes with the bow or the trigger device, but the string serving wears out faster than better bows, imo.

PROS:
This crossbow will save you hundreds of dollars over getting a crossbow that would not include the above comments or something like the above comments. Furthermore, if you are shooting 20-30 yds for deer (which in many places is quite normal), this bow is a good little number. The kinetic energy and drop of the arrow is perfectly capable of killing deer at these ranges.

Very lightweight bow. Easy to carry and hold in an aim.

At 175 lbs, it is easier to cock than more expensive and powerful recurve bows. You can repeatedly shoot without tiring out very fast.

Being a recurve crossbow, its design is simple, and there is nothing to have to mess with or tweak to get it shooting the way it is designed to. If it wears out, the company sells a replacement limb assembly and replacement strings at decent prices, and they are as easy to replace as the bow is to put together initially.

Material quality is NOT super great, but the material quality when gauged against the price tag is good.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Adjust the rope cocking device to your size. Nothing will tell you this, but knotting the rope up so that it is effectively shorter will greatly assist your ability to cock the weapon (less strong shooters, younger shooters, or shorter shooters). Push the rope up through the handles, look for the knot that is already there and add as many more knots as needed to get the shorter length you want. You will notice that a shorter rope cocking device will result in a larger percentage of the cock being completed just by standing up straight leaving less to pull up with just arm strength.

My kit had silicone for the rail lubrication, but it didn't have serving wax. Recommend you buy some if you don't have any already. The string serving seems to wear a lot as it is, I wouldn't want to reduce the life further by not using serving wax.

Spend a little of the money you are saving when you buy this little number, and get yourself a better scope at the same time.

This bow is designed to shoot arrows up to 20 inches long. You will find 20 inch carbon arrows improve your shooting. Buy some. The manufacturer makes them and they are available on this site. The 16 inch ones that come with it are fine for target practice though.

For someone looking to try out the sport without committing a lot of cash, this is perfect. Even with its drawbacks it will still be able to be taken on a hunt and bring down some decent game. If hunting is not your thing you can be sure that just shooting the bow at targets is a heck of a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Love. Best Crossbow Package., June 15, 2014
I have never owned a crossbow or even shot one before today but I got this bow as a Father's Day gift and I love it so far! I have shot more than two dozen shots so far from 20 and 40 yards and have gotten 3inch spreads or closer. And that's using the red dot sight. I love this thing! Even from 40 yds it went through the 8inch card board/styrofoam block I had and almost through the 3/4 inch plywood I had as a back stop. Great power.

It does require a little intuition setting it up for the first time (but it comes with two setup booklets and combined with trial and error is adequate), and especially using the rope cocking mechanism. But you'll want to learn to use the rope. Believe me. The biggest thing I didn't understand about it is you have to have it on the ground with your foot in the stirrup in the loading position and lay the rope across the back of the stock of the bow (there is an indention/groove in the stock exactly for this purpose) and then connect the hooks to the string and cock it (rope will be in a "w" shape as you're cocking). The next and only other challenge I had with learning the procedure is when you're pulling it to cock that last inch or so, the safety kept being slid to safe before the string was past the locking mechanism therefore not catching and cocking successfully. To solve this pull yours arms outward (away from the center of the bow) the last inch or so and it will catch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful., October 7, 2011
I purchased Arrow Precision Inferno Fury crossbow kit from Amazon for $175 on 8/3/11 and received it the next day. This is the first crossbow I've ever owned, and I have gotten great comments on it from several veteran hunters about how well put together the Fury Crossbow is. Out of the box, I had no problems assembling it, until I got to the stringing part, which was a little difficult based on the picture instructions, so I needed a second person for that part. Once I got the bow fully assembled, I sighted it at 15 yards first to get a hang of it, then I sighted it at 25 yards, with consistant accuracy powerful enough to penetrate my homemade block, which I made by stuffing cardboard and hay into a laundry bag made out the same material as the blue FRAKTA Ikea shopping bag, then wrapping it in duct tape, instead of spending $100-$200 on a store bought Block. Styrofoam works great as a filler as well since it is a dense material. The first time I tried to use the pull string, it scratched the rail, so I prefer to pull the string manually. My Wife Shot the crossbow and was able to hit the bullsey at 20 yards on her first time ever shooting anything, so that should speak volumes about the scope and ease of use once its sighted correctly. The bolts are great for the target practice, but I do plan on getting new ones since these have been my practice ones.

Replacement String: I have read so many reviews and comments about not being able to find a replacement string. Did anyone every think to CALL Arrow Precision? Well, I called them after reading the previous reviews and they have the replacement strings in stock. Its $15/per string + $5 for shipping and handling. Send them a check or money order for $20 including your address, quantity of "Fury #127" string you want to order and you get your long awaited replacement string. The number is listed on their website. arrow-precision.com. I sent my money order today 10/7/11, so I will send an update once I have received the string.

Hope this helps!!!

Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit (175-Pounds)
$219.99 $169.75