Art Academy is an educational art game for Nintendo DS and DSi that is designed to teach the basics of painting, drawing, sketching, color theory and beyond. An extension of the Art Academy game series, previously available only to DSi users via Nintendo's wireless download DSiWare functionality, this cartridge based software for DS and DSi incorporates all 20 lessons from the previous two releases as well as 10 new lessons. The game features multiple modes, including one led by an in-game art tutor, as well as Free Paint mode that allows you to let your creativity flow freely. Additional features include: a wide variety of pencil and brush types, an in-game painter's color palette, the ability to save and frame finished work, a demo lesson that can be wirelessly shared with other DS or DSi owners and special DSi camera functionality.
Learn to Draw and Paint with Your DS or DSi
Have you ever had an interest in art or wanted to learn how to draw and paint? Well now you can explore your creative side, anytime, anywhere with the Art Academy software, a fun, interactive, and portable training software for the Nintendo DS and DSi systems that will teach you how to draw and paint, much as you would learn in an art class.
Learn the fundamentals of art right on your DS or DSi. View larger.
Art Academy offers simple, easy to understand art lessons that you can take at your own pace. You even have the ability to fast forward or rewind a step if you would like to view it again. Vince is your in-game art tutor and he will guide you through each new lesson, gradually introducing new concepts to you. Each new lesson builds upon concepts that you learned in previous lessons, complete with step by step examples. The software takes advantage of the Touch Screen on the Nintendo DS. Simply use the stylus like a real pencil or paint brush when creating a piece of art. The pencils, paintbrushes, color mixing, and paint dilution effects produce realistic results, and feel very natural. All of the skills learned in Art Academy can be applied to real-life artist's materials outside of the Nintendo DS environment. So what are you waiting for? There is no time like the present to start learning how to draw and paint with Art Academy.
- Free Paint Mode allows the player to create works of art when ever and where ever they are inspired.
- There are different types of pencil and brush types for the player to choose from when creating their art. This gives the player a lot of creative freedom when painting and drawing.
- Paints are easily mixed on a painter’s pallet to get the desired colors. They can also be diluted with water to adjust the color saturation. The player can even choose how much paint is on the brush at a given time.
- The Gallery is an area where the player can frame and save all of the artwork they create. Gallery Images can be displayed in a slide show or viewed one at a time.
- Art Academy includes all 10 of the lessons and tools from both Art Academy: First Semester and Art Academy: Second Semester, which were previously only available as Nintendo DSiWare downloads. Plus there are 10 Mini Lessons and over 80 motifs that the player can choose from to use as reference material when creating their art.
- When playing Art Academy on the Nintendo DSi system, the player has the added feature of using the built-in cameras to create reference material. The player can take a photo and save it into the gallery and then use it in Free Paint Mode.
- The player can send the demo lesson via the local wireless connection of their Nintendo DS to another Nintendo DS to be tried by another player.