Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets Grand Edition Gourmet Food Basket - MEDIUM
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 13, 2010
Received this for Fathers Day and found the basket contained mostly stuffing and over-sized boxes. The very decorative box of Angilina's "Sweet Butter Cookies" looked like it could hold 6-8 ozs.of cookies. Inside there were 2.2 ozs of tiny ordinary cookies laden with palm oil and made in Indonesia. The 2 oz."California Pantry" gourmet water crackers were edible with the Wisconsin cheese but had a lot of trans-fat and were made in Hong Kong. The 4 oz. "Focaccia Crisps Tuscan Style Crackers" were ho-hum, slightly not-crisp crackers, made with palm oil in Indonesia. A 2oz. slice of "Italian Rasperry Cake" was dry. The most weight in the basket came from the 3.75 oz. pack of cheese, the 5 oz beef salami and a small jar of mustard. All 3 were ok, but at what price?
11 comment| 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2008
I have purchased a number of different food gift baskets over the years online, and its always a little difficult to determine which one to get. You have to carefully read the content descriptions, as some baskets have a lot of "filler" items. This makes it appear that you are getting a lot of food, but its crackers and condiments. My father liked this basket, he said the salami and other things were of good quality, so I would recommend it to others.
I would really like to see more food gift baskets that were filled with more "hard" food items like meat & cheese and less "fluff"
11 comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2010
I purchased this for my sister for Christmas, because she loves receiving food and gourmet baskets. This was my first order from this company. My sister said it was mostly filled with "fluff," and most of the products were stale. I would like to get a refund on this gift or send her a new one. She said she didn't want to hurt my feelings, but she thought I would want to know. Nice basket, sis but almost everything was stale. Could this be last year's left overs? I would not reccommend this product. I give it an F for fraud advertising!
on December 14, 2010
I just received this "Grand Edition Gourmet" food basket for Christmas, and am totally disappointed. For all the goodies found inside, I can purchase all of them at a supermarket for less than $10, and better quality ones too! The most ridiculous is the "White Chocolate Amaretto" wafer cookie, which sure enough contain only one 2 1/2" thin wafer cookie! Then the Cajun Mustard is of size where the restaurant would just give it to you when you order a sandwich. The "Sweet Butter Cookies" packed in Indonesia is of unknown origin and contains ten one-inch size of very ordinary Danish butter cookies. The "Double Chocolate Raspberry Cake" comes in a big flat box, but the cake is only a quarter of the box size, and no bigger than a regular piece of brownie. Other items also come in such small quantity that will amaze you! Something does come in sizable quantity: paper stuffing! The only good that comes out of this gift is the heartfelt thoughtfulness of the sender. Anything more than 1 star given is so that the sender will not feel that their money is being ripped off!
on June 28, 2008
I'm really sorry to have to say this, but I HAVE to be HONEST! This basket was filled with less then desirable processed food-stuffs, I felt like I got a basket of lies. Appealing at first glance ( i.e. the nice picture ), a closer examination and taste of the actual food inside left me disappointed at the army survival canned last-a-thousand-years-on-a-shelf "food" they call gourmet.
I'd say most reviews of these baskets are done by people who are being polite because they received these baskets as a gift. I, on the other hand, can be honest here because I am self-indulgent enough to buy one for myself.
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2009
Sent this to my dad for Father's Day and got a note a few days later saying, "some of the items in it were pretty tastless. The formaggio e vino had no trace of vino whatsoever. Some of the cookies and crackers had no taste to speak of and were only useful to scoop up the formaggio which wasn't remarkable. Whoever sold this to you may want to rethink their source. The basket is nice, however!"

So much for a nice Father's day gift!
33 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2010
While the thought may be nice, the foods in this basket are food products and have more preservatives than nutritional value. Save your money and appreciation and get something else. If someone really appreciates gourmet or specialty foods, they will be horrified.
on May 10, 2011
A complete waste. Cost was $51.98 ($65.51 with shipping). Contents were probably worth 10 bucks at most and mostly tasteless. My dog didn't want it. Biggest rip-off I've encountered in a long time. I should have taken my wife out for a nice steak dinner.
on September 9, 2015
My wife and I ordered this gift basket for a couple that just had a baby. They loved the look of the basket and even sent pictures of it to us. The next day I received the photos from them, that clearly show mold all over the raspberry chocolate cake. I would stay clear of this gift basket, send flowers instead.
review image review image review image
on April 16, 2014
,This Basket is packaged so you the viewer will thinks its a bargain.. its not ,The picture is made to fool you in to thinking your at least buying a full size basket ,After all that the product is cheap ,,as well ..that have large boxes with small contents, Again packaged so the box is larger another cheap trick on the buyer .This puts a new meaning to the word buyer beware . .