Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on June 18, 2012
We bought the gourmet food and snacks gift basket as a birthday present.
My wife talked to the recipient on the day of her birthday and she was delighted, but...
A second phone call several days later included mention of the gift.
"Where did you get this?" she asked. "Don't waste your money again".
According to her report, the gift was mostly boxes, boxes within boxes, and little content.

Getting accurate feedback from those who receive gift baskets and similar products is problematic--the recipient (unlike our friend!) is usually concerned about hurting the feelings of the giver when they are disappointed.
11 comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2013
The contents were mediocre at best. The presentation was poorly done with a cardboard container. The overall appearance was small and not impressive. .
on December 5, 2011
Sent for Mom's birthday (she turned 81), thought this would be nice to send to her. Mom loved the basket, it arrived a day earlier than what Amazon said it would! She loved the snacks,complained about the weight she was going to gain, so I took that as a good sign. It was a perfect order. She is picky, so I consider this a home run!
on December 23, 2012
I ordered this for my "have everything" father-in-law because he loves snacks himself and shares them with visitors. Fortunately, I had this sent to me instead of shipping it to him because he would have told me it was wonderful and I wouldn't have known the truth. I suspect that this has happened to quite a few buyers who gave this as a gift and the recipient didn't complain so the buyers wrote a good review. It is absolutely NOT overflowing with goodies as stated in the description. The picture is very misleading. The basket is not nearly as full as the picture shows. I could have put together a larger basket with more variety for less money. We ended up buying a few more items from a local shop and putting them into the box with the basket. I would have returned it if it had arrived at our home sooner. It took it quite a bit more time to ship than other items ordered on the same day and we received it four days before Christmas.
on August 23, 2011
this is a great gift-for someone who really needs nothing
or actually appreciates a beautiful and tasty treat.
Don't waste on those without keen senses!This is not inexpensive but when you look at what you might finally come up with after searching stores and then need to mail it-
this then is a decent price!
And it will be remembered -as from you!
on February 6, 2013
The folks who received it told me to ask for a credit. Stale and terrible looking. I did get the requested credit.
on December 13, 2011
This was a birthday gift for my sister. She was so pleased with this basket and said that everything was very fresh, tasty and good quality. I'll order this again thanks.
on April 27, 2012
From what I heard, the basket was nice and delivered on time but the recipient had no idea who sent it. Despite my well worded thank you note (the gift was a small token of appreciation)that I had entered in the appropriate box on the order form, there was nothing included. The recipient eventually called Amazon and found out who had sent it. This was embarrassing and a let down on what good service I have grown to expect from Amazon.
on February 14, 2014
I ordered a basket for my mom and my wife for Valentines. They were shipped separately but ordered at same time (Mom in NC and me in FL). Today (Valentines) I opened the box that I had hid and inside was not what I had ordered. It was Manly Mans gift package that was cheaper than what I paid. Kind of ruined the morning I had planned. I put in for an exchange on Amazon and they said they would send me the real basket and just keep the one that was sent. I decided to call my mom and see if she received the correct thing. She did, however, she had started to eat the items and she said they were stale (The wafers) and some crushed. Overall, she said it tasted bad and old. She never complains. So, as you see, it felt like a big bust. A waste of time. I read the reviews of the poor quality, but it seemed to be a majority positive, which makes me think the reviews were false. now looking back, there are a lot of negative reviews. I had to contact Amazon again to get a complete refund. Now I have to send back the Manly man basket, and refuse the replacement when it arrives (That I am never home for so I know I will have to contact amazon again). They said my mom can keep whats left though....

So in summary. Poor quality. Don't buy!
on January 5, 2012
For the past couple of years I have been giving the "Thanks a Million" gift basket to this client but decided for Christmas 2011 I would upgrade and finally decided on this gift basket instead.

I adore receiving and giving gift baskets like these because they are so ideal for gifts of men/women or clients/corporate or young/old or single/couples and gift baskets are also perfect for babies gifts, pet gifts and special interest gifts like gardening or coffee or beauty or gourmet, etc whatever interests or hobbies your friends have there will be a gift basket to suit them.

The feedback was very positive from the client, so I can only assume that the "Art of Appreciation Old World Charm Gourmet Gift Basket" is as lovely as it appears on the sales page here... I know I would like one myself - lol!!!