5.0 out of 5 stars My sister-in-law loves me now...
I was given the duty of picking a gift basket out for my sister-in-law, after looking at all the baskets on Amazon, I chose this one. At first I was looking for Prime shipping, then what each basket had.
Published on December 22, 2011 by GG

3.0 out of 5 stars A Small Token of Appreciation aka Picnic for 2
I purchased this on sale at a significant reduction as a just-in-case gift to have on hand. I'm glad I did because IF I had sent it to someone based on the full price I'd have been embarrassed. The title says it all. The presentation and assorted contents are nice, the basket is a little flimsy.

At the reduced price the basket is a 4 star item. However at full...
Published 8 months ago by Lynrie

5.0 out of 5 stars My sister-in-law loves me now..., December 22, 2011
GG "daycare4kids" (San Francisco,CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets Bounty of Flavor Gourmet Food Picnic Hamper (Grocery)
I was nervous at first because I've seen other baskets before and they usually had real cheap items in them, but when my sister-in-law received it in 2 days, she loved the gift basket. She said all the food in the basket were 1st class, she was worried she would eat all the food before her husband got home from the Middle East next week.Great gift basket, will order again whenever I need a really nice gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding gift, February 9, 2014
I send as a gift to a parent recovering after a stay in the hospital, it was greatly appreciated and enjoyed.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Small Token of Appreciation aka Picnic for 2, January 11, 2014

At the reduced price the basket is a 4 star item. However at full price it's just OK 3 star item.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, weak execution, September 2, 2012
The thing that had attracted me to this and that distinguished it from other baskets was the picnic hamper. The hamper, however, turned out to be flimsy and either badly designed or badly assembled. The simple act of opening the lid caused damage, because one handle obstructed the lid in back, such that lifting the lid gouged out some material. It's not like I had to lift hard either; the wood was simply weak enough to take damage instead of resisting the obstruction. The handles fit so tightly around the basket that it was a challenge to lift them into a carrying position. I tried to be very careful around the flimsy hinges with their flimsy mounting, but I managed to tear one off anyway, which damaged the wood behind it. Despite my attempt to be careful, the lid was almost useless before we got out the door with it. I had hoped to wind up with a reusable hamper (a "handy picnic basket for many years to come"), but we didn't get to use it even once.

My disappointment with the contents was that I could have done as well or better with a quick trip to the grocery store. For example, the "Camembert" was marked "cheese product" and didn't resemble the picture on the box. The crackers were just like those I can find on the shelf at Safeway. The sausage was acceptable, but again, I could have done as well at Safeway. There wasn't any "premium gourmet goodness" like the description says.

For the same money, or even less, I could have bought and stocked an actual picnic hamper with the same or better food.

Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets   Bounty of Flavor Gourmet Food Picnic Hamper