5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and Romantic
Published on March 8, 2010 by J. Finkel

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & Unreturnable!
Published on August 24, 2011 by BookLovingLady

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & Unreturnable!, August 24, 2011
This review is from: Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets Lavender Renewal Spa Bath and Body Gift Set, Medium (Grocery)
I was disappointed when I recieved this set, which was to be a gift for a friend. The packaging looked so much nicer online. In fact, the basket is cardboard and the products are very cheap. The sisal body sponge was torn and frayed! The product description is very misleading and I would be embarrassed to give this as a gift! I tried to return it, but it was not returnable! The product is cheap, not worth the money, and the whole experience was very frustrating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give this 0 stars, December 12, 2012
Appreciation gift??? My brother has very good taste and I was surprised to have received this for Christmas and shocked at the price. He clearly thought what was advertised in the picture was what I would get. Basket???? No cute basket as a permanent or useful keepsake for me. I got a decorative, flimsy cardboard box. The skimpy sponges and bath glove could have come from the Dollar Store and the "spa" products are small, plastic bottles of cheap no-name lotions and bath gels with exotic names to make up for their lack of quality. The box was filled with basket shredding and a chintzy bag of artifically colored wood shavings passing for potpourrie centered to make the gift look more sumptious. The entire item was encased in clear cellophane with the artificial flowers squashed flat and tucked so far down as not to add any garnishment to this plain presentation. I did not have to open it to see my brother paid a department store price for something that looked like it was from Wal-Mart. Spa??? The term spa, which usually suggests something luxurious and pampering, was mis-appropriated for this gift basket. I am so disappointed and will be upset if I can't send this back as it was not as represented and not worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and Romantic, March 8, 2010
This was a gift to my wife for valentine's day and she really liked it. I was worried the lavender would be overpowering on some of the products, but it's a good balance between noticeable and pleasant. The sponges/scrubbers are big enough to get the job done - about the size of a hand each. The mix of items is great for enjoying a bath and lathering on some moisturizers afterward. The potpourri is bigger than you can tell from picture - at least a liter in volume. The containers are all pretty nice and easy to use. None of the included items seem cheap or useless. Finding a nice bathrobe and some candles to compliment this gift basket would really make a special romantic present.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Set is a Hit, May 19, 2010
Dave Collins (Bangkok, Thailand) - See all my reviews
My wife really liked this gift basket, much to my surprise. I have given her so many of these, that I expected another ho-hum response.

She especially mentioned the beautiful basket, which she put in the corner of the bathroom vanity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Walmart would have better!, December 27, 2011
This was a Christmas gift from my very well meaning and thoughtful daughter-in-law and son. I understand it is not returnable, so I will find it ANOTHER more appreciative home. To be able to post his review I am forced to give this item at least one undeserved star. This doesn't even smell like lavender! I grow several types of lavender, so I know what it smells like. The contents are cheap, generic, and not worth the hard earned $40 they spent. Don't waste your money on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bath Basket, January 2, 2012
Gift was a hit. Transaction went smoothly and sure I will be ordering from Vendor again in the future. Was easy peasy to order and have delivered.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing & Not Worth the Price, November 26, 2011
I got this as a gift from Amazon from my sister. What a big disappointment! My poor sis was so embarrassed by the quality of the items she went to Bath and Body Works to supplement it. It needed more items like shampoo, bath oils or even bubble bath. A body scrub with the two loofahs would have been nice. I could have done without all the aromatherapy stuff they put in the CARDBOARD "basket" - really, for $40 bucks? Cardboard? Overall, I'd rate this a poor buy and I would never give it as a present - well, maybe I would if they priced it at $5.00 and it was a Secret Santa gift!

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and overpriced, February 13, 2012
I purchased this gift basket for my wife as a valentine's day gift. The fragrance after just opening the Amazon box was delightful and everything was organized well. There are two primary reasons I am displeased with this item. First, the container appeared in the photo to be a hard, durable basket made of some material at least resembling stone. With that hope, I looked forward to being able to use the container as a decorative bowl on an end table or in the kitchen. However, the container I received was no more than cardboard, easily bent and hardly more decorative than the Amazon box that it was shipped in. With this considered, we come to my second issue with this item...the price. This item is roughly $20-$25 overpriced in my opinion. With a nice stone-like container this item could pretty easily bring the $65 I've paid for it.

Now, a few bits of information to be fair to the seller:
1. I am a man, not an expert in bath soaps and bathing utensils, and am not familiar with retail pricing of each individual product contained within the basket. All I know is that it costs me under $5 for a bottle of Old Spice Body Wash and a couple more dollars for a wash cloth.
2. I must reemphasize, once more, I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN PRICING of women's bathing products.
3. I won't be giving my wife the basket until Valentine's Day tomorrow, and her reaction is what really reveals the true value of the basket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift!, April 19, 2011
I bought this for my mom lsat year for Mother's Day, only it was a different scent. She loved it hands down! So this year I'm getting another scent :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, July 11, 2012
The product doesn't look worth the price I paid for it; the packaging does not look like the picture! It comes in the cardboard container all mushed down and is wrapped in a cheap looking way. Since it's not returnable I'll have to take the packaging apart to arrange the items in a nice display, will throw away the fake lilacs that are in the package (go figure, lilacs with a lavender gift set), and will add a bow that is nice looking. I'm glad I didn't have this shipped directly to my recipient so I have the chance to make it look appealing, maybe I'll try to sell it at a yard sale. Yuck, I'm not happy, could have picked this up at Walmart for $20.

$49.99 $47.93