5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice basket
I was concerned ordering a gift basket on-line due to some less than favorable feedback on other baskets and vendors. This one was very nicely done, and well worth the price.
Published on December 27, 2010 by ldc

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed - won't make the mistake again...
Published on December 17, 2011 by Bluema

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed - won't make the mistake again..., December 17, 2011
This review is from: Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets The Savory Sophisticated Gourmet Food Basket with Caviar - Large (Grocery)
I've been buying the Art of Appreciation gift baskets for years for my family members. The recipients were always grateful and seemed to have enjoyed the varieties. This year, I got curious and ordered myself a basket after sending several of the same out to my family and friends. Upon receipt, I was shocked at the content and the presentation of the basket especially for the price paid. I could probably come up with a much better mix with less than $30 - in fact I will do so from now on. I feel embarrassed that this is the type of baskets I've been sending out year after year to my loved ones. Don't be fooled that you'd impress anyone with the included caviar - it tastes like salty but unsweet flying fish eggs. As a person used to the Caspian caviars and even some cheaper American Paddlefish alternatives, I find it insulting and again very embarrassed to have sent the product as gifts. I should've known better... I called my sister (yearly happy recipient) and asked her if this is how it had been for years, and she giggled sheepishly and that's all I needed to know.

Received contents:

4 pieces (1.2 oz) of Belgian Truffles
3.5 oz Dill Salmon Spread (Alaska Smokehouse)
3.75 oz Pasteurized Cheddar Cheese (Northwood Cheese Co)
0.95 Oz Mochaccino mix - enough for ONE 6oz cup
2 oz Smoked Almonds (Los Olivos)
2 oz Wine & Cheese Biscuits (Los Olivos)
1.8 oz Chocolate Dipped (Truffle?) cookies
4 oz Tuscan Crackers (Focaccia Crisps)
2 oz Water Crackers (Three Pepper Blend)
4.4 oz Wafer rolls (Tiramisu flavor)
5 oz Pretzels (typical salted dried)
4.4 oz Angelina's Sweet Butter Cookies
2 oz green olives, pimento stuffed (Mille Lacs Foods)
2 oz Black Capelin caviar (Season brand)

Missing Items:
2 Pakages Cafe Comfrorts White Chocolate Cocoa Mix
Sesame Crackers
Merlot Wine Cheese - or is this for the pasteurized cheddar flavored dip?
Stone Ground Mustard
Ms. Pinables Caramel Confections

1.0 out of 5 stars It's very small, December 12, 2011
M. Meza "M.M." (Los Angeles, Ca.) - See all my reviews
I was so surprised to see how tiny this basket is!! I think it may be 12in height and 12in in length. It looks a $15 gift basket and I don't even think the exact items or basket is used! I can see in this picture that the basket is "taller." I was very disappointed and I am so embarrassed to give this as a gift. I can't believe I paid $40 for it. I'll probably go to Costco/ Sams for a better quality basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointment, August 24, 2012
I purchased this basket soley on the fact it contained caviar well needless to say, when it arrived, it did not contain the said caviar and a few other items they promised made up the basket. I was very dissapointed when I realized the product I had paid for wasn't the product I received. This product was not worth the money and time I spent on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, December 17, 2011
this is the first thing i have every bought at amazon that i was not only disappointed but embarrassed. it was a gift for my childrens' anniversary. the package was not at all like the photo. the items were flat down in the basket. most boxes contained one or two items. it was uninteresting. the convenience of buying at amazon was a mistake this time. i saw much more beautiful and less expensive baskets at other stores like costco. anyway many other items i've purchased from amazon have been totally satisfactory.

3.0 out of 5 stars Two baskets, December 12, 2011
Paula (New York,USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered two of these baskets to give as a thank you. To my surprise the contents of the baskets differ from one another. Some items were not in it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice basket, December 27, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, April 29, 2013
This was a sub-standard product. We received it as a gift basket from family. Almost *every* single item we have tasted has been terrible. The salmon dill spread? looks like catfood, inedible. Cheddar merlot spread? Similarly, had to spit it out after first bite and throw it out. I seriously cannot think of a single thing we enjoyed in this basket... Maybe the Godiva chocolates? We havent' tried the caviar yet, so maybe that's good. But I would spend your hard-earned cash somewhere else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. Absolute rubbish, cheaply packaged in tiny amounts., December 22, 2012
This is the second product from this range we've been sent as a gift. After the first time, this time when we saw this in the box we were massively disappointed and immediately decided to return it, which we discovered is not possible under Amazon's returns policy because it is a food item.
Amazon should not sell rubbish like this. Don't embarrass yourself by sending it as a gift.
The items are in really really small amounts wrapped up in packaging to make them look bigger. They are pretty cheap and nasty too.
I guess this product must show up in search and then the description convinces people it's something nice and they buy it. Of course if someone sends you a gift you are pretty unlikely to tell them honestly how awful it is, and it's a bit of an effort to go on Amazon and write a review like this, so manufacturers get away with selling this type if thing. Terrible!
Two words you could absolutely not associate with this by the way are Gourmet and Sophisticated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty, January 8, 2013
The caviar was so fishy, salty, and nasty. Couldn't eat the salmon dill stuff or most of the other stuff in this basket. Paid to get by Christmas and got it 2 days after. I won't be buying another one of these. Total disappointment!! Yuck!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect gift for every occasion, November 12, 2011
This gift basket is perfect for someone you love, and they'll definitely love it too. I've sent this gift to my mom and she's very happy with all the goodies inside. She said that she feels spoiled!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›