Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 17, 2011
I've been buying the Art of Appreciation gift baskets for years for my family members. The recipients were always grateful and seemed to have enjoyed the varieties. This year, I got curious and ordered myself a basket after sending several of the same out to my family and friends. Upon receipt, I was shocked at the content and the presentation of the basket especially for the price paid. I could probably come up with a much better mix with less than $30 - in fact I will do so from now on. I feel embarrassed that this is the type of baskets I've been sending out year after year to my loved ones. Don't be fooled that you'd impress anyone with the included caviar - it tastes like salty but unsweet flying fish eggs. As a person used to the Caspian caviars and even some cheaper American Paddlefish alternatives, I find it insulting and again very embarrassed to have sent the product as gifts. I should've known better... I called my sister (yearly happy recipient) and asked her if this is how it had been for years, and she giggled sheepishly and that's all I needed to know.

Received contents:

4 pieces (1.2 oz) of Belgian Truffles
3.5 oz Dill Salmon Spread (Alaska Smokehouse)
3.75 oz Pasteurized Cheddar Cheese (Northwood Cheese Co)
0.95 Oz Mochaccino mix - enough for ONE 6oz cup
2 oz Smoked Almonds (Los Olivos)
2 oz Wine & Cheese Biscuits (Los Olivos)
1.8 oz Chocolate Dipped (Truffle?) cookies
4 oz Tuscan Crackers (Focaccia Crisps)
2 oz Water Crackers (Three Pepper Blend)
4.4 oz Wafer rolls (Tiramisu flavor)
5 oz Pretzels (typical salted dried)
4.4 oz Angelina's Sweet Butter Cookies
2 oz green olives, pimento stuffed (Mille Lacs Foods)
2 oz Black Capelin caviar (Season brand)

Missing Items:
2 Pakages Cafe Comfrorts White Chocolate Cocoa Mix
Sesame Crackers
Merlot Wine Cheese - or is this for the pasteurized cheddar flavored dip?
Stone Ground Mustard
Ms. Pinables Caramel Confections
44 comments92 of 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
I was so surprised to see how tiny this basket is!! I think it may be 12in height and 12in in length. It looks a $15 gift basket and I don't even think the exact items or basket is used! I can see in this picture that the basket is "taller." I was very disappointed and I am so embarrassed to give this as a gift. I can't believe I paid $40 for it. I'll probably go to Costco/ Sams for a better quality basket.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
I purchased this basket soley on the fact it contained caviar well needless to say, when it arrived, it did not contain the said caviar and a few other items they promised made up the basket. I was very dissapointed when I realized the product I had paid for wasn't the product I received. This product was not worth the money and time I spent on it.
on April 29, 2013
This was a sub-standard product. We received it as a gift basket from family. Almost *every* single item we have tasted has been terrible. The salmon dill spread? looks like catfood, inedible. Cheddar merlot spread? Similarly, had to spit it out after first bite and throw it out. I seriously cannot think of a single thing we enjoyed in this basket... Maybe the Godiva chocolates? We havent' tried the caviar yet, so maybe that's good. But I would spend your hard-earned cash somewhere else.
on December 12, 2011
I ordered two of these baskets to give as a thank you. To my surprise the contents of the baskets differ from one another. Some items were not in it as well.
on December 17, 2011
this is the first thing i have every bought at amazon that i was not only disappointed but embarrassed. it was a gift for my childrens' anniversary. the package was not at all like the photo. the items were flat down in the basket. most boxes contained one or two items. it was uninteresting. the convenience of buying at amazon was a mistake this time. i saw much more beautiful and less expensive baskets at other stores like costco. anyway many other items i've purchased from amazon have been totally satisfactory.
on December 22, 2012
This is the second product from this range we've been sent as a gift. After the first time, this time when we saw this in the box we were massively disappointed and immediately decided to return it, which we discovered is not possible under Amazon's returns policy because it is a food item.
Amazon should not sell rubbish like this. Don't embarrass yourself by sending it as a gift.
The items are in really really small amounts wrapped up in packaging to make them look bigger. They are pretty cheap and nasty too.
I guess this product must show up in search and then the description convinces people it's something nice and they buy it. Of course if someone sends you a gift you are pretty unlikely to tell them honestly how awful it is, and it's a bit of an effort to go on Amazon and write a review like this, so manufacturers get away with selling this type if thing. Terrible!
Two words you could absolutely not associate with this by the way are Gourmet and Sophisticated.
on January 8, 2013
The caviar was so fishy, salty, and nasty. Couldn't eat the salmon dill stuff or most of the other stuff in this basket. Paid to get by Christmas and got it 2 days after. I won't be buying another one of these. Total disappointment!! Yuck!!!
on December 27, 2010
I was concerned ordering a gift basket on-line due to some less than favorable feedback on other baskets and vendors. This one was very nicely done, and well worth the price.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2007
I ordered your Basket from the UK, to be delived in the US. FedEx went that extra mile after a misunderstanding with the Zip Code. I did't see your basket but the recipient of it, described it beautifully and if it's anything to go by your pic .. I'd be more than happy. Thank you for an excellent product and an excellent service. It's the perfect gift for anyone, for any occassion. - JD, UK
11 comment6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse