Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 12, 2011
I ordered this for my step MIL because online it looks like a full size gift box, and several of the other reviewers raved about how great it was so I thought I'd give it a try. The box is a little on the small side but is decent. Once you open the shrink wrapped box to get everything out it looks VERY skimpy. I paid almost $70 for it, and it looks like it might be worth $20 if that -- and that's only because of the box. The "truffles" and "english tea" as well as the "angel candles" all look like they're from the dollar store. I'm VERY disappointed with this product.
0Comment64 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2012
Please dont be fooled into buying this item, as it cannot be returned! The box is beatiful the clock is for show does not work, and the items in the box can be found at your local dollar store, and are not as described. Most would think that a description of Victorian Lace Tea, would in fact include Tea, which shows both in the picture and in description..it does not! It also does not include a porceline picture frame described,and shown in picture but replaced by a plastic photo album. I buy everything from Amazon, and am shocked they would allow this to happen.
11 comment44 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
I purchased this item for my company's Mother's Day raffle based upon pictures and positive reviews. I was running out of time, had no time to shop myself and so Amazon was the solution. The item arrived damaged, not enough padding in the box, actually there was no padding at all. The contents arrived all closed in the box too, not nicely displayed as in the picture. The items were cheap dollar store type items, not worth 49 bucks!
I initially tried to return the item, only to get a response that this item is not eligible for return!! After calling Amazon, I learned I could still get a refund, but that they would not accept the product back since it contains some food items. I'm glad I got the credit back on my credit card, so I was able to get something else for this raffle instead. My recommendation, go to the local gift shop and check out your purchase directly. Do not get this item!
0Comment29 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
I paid for a beautiful gift like the picture but i got an article that looked used! The white paint was yellowish. It's a old box with oxidized and broken lock. I throw away the cookies because don't have expiration date.
on March 3, 2013
The clock came broken. Doesn't stay in. What was in the box was silly. Not worth the money. Could have done it myself for far less.
on December 9, 2010
I purchased this as a gift for someone. The box is a nice sized box, however, the box itself does not look like the one in the advertised photo. The paint, which is supposedly hand painted, is not as deep in color and detail as in the photo and the roses are not as defined as in the photo. I expected this gourmet "food" gift basket to be that! There is no food, and since it is a gift basket, I expected the items to be displayed coming out of the box as in the photo to make it attractive looking. The items inside are packed inside with the box lid closed. I found this gift was nice, but was a little disappointed in it. I also thought it was a bit pricey at $60.
on September 19, 2013
my wife doesn't like it, says it's poorly made, very cheap, and dollar store feelings, not worth all that money.
on September 1, 2010
I bought this gift for my cousin who's celebrating her 80th birthday and she seems happy and pleased about it. I'm kind of disappointed that in these days of age the standard shipping takes 7 full days. I guess i under estimated the standard shipping mail service (thought 4 or 5 days would be enough time)and she didn't receive on the date of her birthday.
on February 26, 2015
The product arrived looking nothing like what I purchased. Very simple and plain. Not worth the price. Very dissatisfied and wouldn't reccomend spending that amount of money on this product.
However, it did arrive on time.
review image
on April 3, 2013
The quality of this package was lacking, not as gourmet as I expected. The cookies were horrible, the cream and ointments were low quality.

See 1 answered question