Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Arthur [Blu-ray]” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 63% off the $19.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. Russell Brand does the best that he can do to fill Dudley Moore's shoes. No longer a loveable slushy drunk, Arthur's now a wild boy child, throwing money around doing his best to ease the recession (and possibly share a few std's along the way).
2. Helen Mirren gets caught between the moon and New York City as she lovingly rolls her eyes at his antics and then makes it all better with a stern look and a snappy comment.
3. Greta Gerwig plays his first real love interest (not counting Helen Mirren's character,Hobson), an aspiring writer of children's books by night and an illegal tour guide by day. Her character, Naomi, turns his heart around, and next thing you know, he's closing down the town (or at least Grand Central Station)
4. His fiancée Susan (Jennifer Garner), her dad (Nick Nolte) and his mom (Geraldine James) compete fiercely for the "most unlikeable" award. I know it's crazy, but it's true.
5. Bottom line is that this is an "okay" movie, barely nodding to its predecessor with one short burst of the melody of the original theme song, but at the end of it, you'll wake up way across town and find it's not still with you.
Amanda Richards, July 8, 2011
Brand is a comedic actor with unique talents but they fit this role like a glove. He is onscreen virtually every minute and it is on his shoulders this movie rests. His "Arthur" is a more a fun loving playboy than Dudley Moore's sloppy drunk and that is a good thing. No one could top John Gielgud's Oscar winning peformance as Hobson but Helen Mirren does a good job nonetheless. The rest of the movie is well cast although in the original, the father of Arthur's poor lover got off some of the funniest lines of the movie and here, he is mostly invisible.
I don't know that this is a better or worse movie than the 1981 original but it is an enjoyable film. Brand is funny and believable and his charms are just right for this version of "Arthur".
My only reason for seeing this movie is because Luis Guzman is in it. He plays "Bitterman".
Horrible remake to the original "Arthur" movies. The dearly missed Dudley Moore was in the original movie as the short drunk and was very funny, in fact, he also did a second movie.
This remake with Russell Brand was very difficult to get through and only made me miss Dudley Moore even more.
Luis Guzman was cute in the Robin-The Boy Wonder costume.
Also in the cast: Helen Mirren, Jennifer Garner, Greta Gerwig, Nick Nolte, Evander Holyfield, Robert Clohessy.
For a good time and many laughs, please see the two original movies starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli.
Arthur 2 - On the Rocks (1988).
Both movies on Blu-ray: Arthur / Arthur 2: On the Rocks (2-Movie Collection) [Blu-ray].
I will only say that the film ended in the same vein as it began -- a bloated, repugnant heap of self indulgent, humorless waste. Much like the character it attempted to portray in an amusing light, this film was one that was born to a foolish beginning, squandered any potential it had in bouts of self aggrandizement, and ultimately suffered an inglorious end. At least, that is what I kept hoping would befall the unlovable pseudo-rogue who pranced, simpered, skipped and whimpered his way through the story.
The actual plot -- a rich, spoiled man who, at his mother's dictates, must choose between love and wealth -- was not enough to make or break the film.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love Russell Brand! His humor is irresistible and so believable. I had watched the first one, long time ago, not very appealing to me. This one I could watch over and over again. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Witchypoo
This is a funny love story teaching us that love is more powerful than money.Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
I honestly did NOT expect to like this movie. I'm not a fan of remakes, personally, and having spent much of my childhood running around doing a drunk Dudley Moore 'Arthur'... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Gr8pillock
It only took 3 days to ship so really fast. Love the movie think it's funny!!Published 3 months ago by Summer Quintana
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy