Arthur Miller: Collected Plays 1964-1982 (Library of America)
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$27.79 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 20, 2012
Format: Hardcover
This book contains Miller's plays from 1964 to1982; it also has some one act plays and sketches. The plays deal with a more serious side of Miller's view.
`After the Fall' which some think reveals some of his life with Marilyn Monroe, `Incident at Vichy' and 'Playing for Time' - two haunting plays dealing with the holocaust, `The Price', `Fame', `The Reason Why', `The Creation of the World and Other Business', `Up from Paradise', `the American Clock', The Poosidin's Resignation', and `the Archbishop's Ceiling'.

There are notes and essays about the plays from such sources as; `New York Times Magazine' and `Boston University Journal'. Some of Miller's production notes are included as well as well as notes that contain the original cast.
This is a wonderful collection of one of America's great playwrights that contains much more added information than the plays themselves.
on May 26, 2012
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
As someone who collects the LOA titles, I would of course add this one, but there are other reasons why this volume should be cherished.

Miller was much more than just "Death of a Salesman". He was a person who saw into the very soul of the American Everyman. It might even be said he saw into the soul of America. Nevertheless, very few playwrights can convey the true anguish and disillusionment of the individual, and Miller's talent cannot be denied. However, the plays in this collection also show his ability to convey tension and terror, and even humor in the most unlikely of places. If you want to get beyond "Salesman," take this volume for a spin. You will find the ride to be quite dizzying.
on March 2, 2014
Format: Hardcover
I bought this title because as an author, I wanted to improve my dialogue-writing skills, so who better to study than a master dramatist? The copy is bound well, is a good medium size and comes with a ribbon to mark your progress, which is a must for me because I rarely read more than 10 pages at a time.

I thoroughly enjoyed Miller's style and hope that maybe a tiny bit of it rubbed off on me. But regardless of your reason for buying a copy, this one is a winner. Enjoy!

R.R. Harris, author of Double Take, An Island Travel Mystery of Lively Romance and Deadly Betrayal, available on Amazon.
on June 23, 2014
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I wanted to see how he wrote so I could gain some insight into my own. He is quite the genius so I didn't learn that much but I enjoyed reading how he set up the play and characters.