Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 29, 2016
I read a review of this elsewhere and bought it for my mom and myself. We love it and I found it gave me good insights and helped me feel more in control of my life. Creativity feeds into everything you do- this helps unlock it and unblock all areas of your life. I'm not a big "touchy-feely" person, but this is good stuff.
on April 24, 2016
Couldn't keep up with all the exercises and never finished reading this book. Only beneficial info I gleaned was three page journaling and finding play time in my adult life. I'm sure they're are some great points, but I ended up donating to Goodwill.
on April 20, 2016
It is a book that you have to work it with a group of people so that it enriches the experiece!
on April 18, 2016
Love this book a continual resource !!!
on April 18, 2016
I actually read this in 2008, again in 2011 and am rereading now. This was the book that set me on the path of taking myself seriously as a writer. It gave me the courage to reach for my dreams as a writer. I still try to do my daily pages and can tell a difference when I do. If you feel stuck in your creative journey or even need a boost of encouragement, I definitely recommend this book. I reread it about once a year.
on April 16, 2016
If you need a gift for an artist friend, this couldn't be more perfect! Julia's wonderful suggestions and exercises are incredibly helpful to those who work in creative fields and are often self-employed or freelance. Her "Morning Pages" are one of the most wonderful ideas ever. I don't do them all the time, but when I have a lot going on or a problem to solve, they really help me keep on track with my goals. That in itself is no easy task!
on April 15, 2016
I started reading this book ages ago and I just pick it up now and then and turn to any page for inspiration. not a 'religious' book but a spiritual one about women and creativity.
on April 15, 2016
I had heard about this book for a long time, but never read it. I bought it a few months ago and have loved every week of the reading/exercises. For anyone who has ever thought of doing anything creative (writing, dance, music, acting, painting, etc), this is a terrific guide to get you in touch with that essential part of you that is an artist.
on April 12, 2016
Fantastic!! I send this book to people ALL the time!!
on April 11, 2016
Bought this on a whim and have found it very interesting— the demographic is the stifled artist. But I feel most of the quotes and the "way" itself could apply to someone who isn't concerned only with becoming an artist but is looking to uncover their "purpose".