4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect thickness
I had been looking for an ankle length hooded robe for a long time, and was happy to finally find almost exactly what I was looking for. The thickness of this robe is perfect for me ~ thick, but not so thick that it is hard to move around in, and is very absorbent for after a shower.

The robe launders well, and when washed according to instructions (cold...
Published on December 10, 2009 by Lady Peter

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a plain old robe
I like the length and the hood, but it is stringy, especially along the seem of the lapels, which could have easily been avoided. It's not as thick or luxurious as you might imagine, and one of the belt loops came off after a few days, the result of poor stitching.

Still, for everyday wear, if you're not planning on entertaining in it, it is just fine.
Published on March 26, 2011 by Johann

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect thickness, December 10, 2009

The robe launders well, and when washed according to instructions (cold water, low heat drying) does not shrink a great deal. It is not fuzzy or "linty" and does not pill.

Thank goodness it is not of the "one size fits all" sizing, and bearing in mind that this robe is unisex, the sizing seems true. If you are tall and are looking for an ankle length, this may not be the robe for you. I am nearly 5'8", and after laundering the robe is about an inch above my ankle. The sleeves are quite long and can be cuffed.

A couple of complaints: I ordered the Marine color, expecting a medium blue as pictured. Marine is Navy. I like navy blue, so it's no big deal for me, but it's not the pretty blue of the picture.

More of a complaint is the shape of the hood. It seems to have been made for a conehead! It is far too big for a normal head, and comes to a point at the top. Not very attractive, but it is very warm and functional. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robe of Infinite Darkness, October 18, 2011
This is simply a lovely robe. Wraps you up from head-to-toe. Nice long sleeves. Ample hood. Long-enough belt. Much to love about it.

Special warning about ordering this robe in black. I did this, and as I unpacked the item, I could feel that it was shrouded in the Dark Side of The Force. As soon as I put it on, my alignment began to change to Lawful Evil.

After a few months of wearing it, I forgot I ever had any other robes before it. Cloaked with this robe, I can sit in the dark, confidently plotting to take over the world and unifying it in a grand empire under my control.

It seems the longer that I wear it, the more I bond with the Shadow-forces that permeate it's fibers. I find now that I can't bear the thought of losing it. My warm, cozy, coal-black, ankle-length, hooded, robe of infinite darkness... My precious...

5.0 out of 5 stars great big bathrobe, January 18, 2011
i can highly recommend this bathrobe. this is the biggest bathrobe XXL i have seen, but its not too long for 5'8". sleeves have to be rolled, hood is a little big, but the burgundy color is great and the fabric is very thick, very soft and very absorbent. great price. best deal.

July 29, 2011 update:
after seven months i would like to add:
washes well and color stays fast. also, i like the large hood too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not quite great., March 8, 2011
Pros:
It's heavy, thick, and long. The construction is fairly sturdy, and it's big enough for my pregnant wife to cover herself AND the belly. The belt has lots of length to it, and the hood is very generous. It dries her off fast, and keeps her warm in the process. The thickness is just right, as anything thicker would weight too much and probably not breathe at all. For height/length reference, she's 5'5" and slim, and the robe comes to about 2" above her ankles hanging open(without being draped over the baby belly!).

Cons: It was VERY scratchy and stiff at first, even after a couple of washings. Now that she's worn it in a bit, it's starting to soften up. Also, the "hanging" tab inside the neck seam isn't nearly sturdy enough to actually support the weight of the robe. Finally, the seams around the bottom edge were a bit loose, and we had to trim many, many unravelling threads and re-secure the seam ourselves.

Overall:

Not bad at all for the price. I've gone through quite a few 'luxury' robes, looking for one that would be A) Ankle Length, B) Thick, but still absorbent, and C) Comfortable and roomy. This is the best so far, and quite a bit cheaper than the fancy robes you can buy at nice boutiques and spas. I think if the few minor construction issues were fixed, and if they laundered it a bit prior to shipping, it would be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly as described, December 2, 2011
I was looking for a robe for my husband to use in the winter to get to the hot tub we just bought this summer. This robe is perfect! He is 6' and 270 lbs. and the large fit him perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bury me in this., December 12, 2011
I've been searching local stores for years looking for a full length thick bath robe. Random Amazon searching and review reading lead me to this robe made by Arus Bathrobes. I balked at the price but after a month of letting it sit in my cart, contemplating whether the price warranted the purchase, I decided to give it a try since Amazon has such a consumer friendly return policy. If - upon receiving this robe - it wasn't absolutely perfect I'd return it and get my money back.

There's no way I'm parting with this robe.

I'm 5'10" 215 with long arms. I prefer my shirts a little on the baggy side. Whenever I buy a clothing item with sleeves I get XL-Tall so I ordered this robe in XL (black).
Having said that I'm not sure how else to describe the fit of this robe than to say it like this: If I were to hire a tailor who worked with me step-by-step through the material selection, measurements, and multiple fittings to produce a robe that was perfectly made for me and my wants, this bathrobe would be the end result.

Whether it's a coat, sweatshirt or bathrobe - I want a large hood, something that will continue covering me when I turn my head. The hood on this robe is outstanding! It's large without being overly large. The brim of the hood comes down over my face to the very tip of my nose (if I pull it down). The cut of the hood material is nice and rounded so that you don't have a cone head. When I pull the hood all the way forward the thickness of the material allows me to form the hood ever so slightly - if I want to see directly forward without looking down I pinch the brim and the hood stays up and out of the way (unlike those thin one-size-fits-all robes). Perfect.

As I mentioned I have long arms. I also prefer long sleeves (for example I want my wrists covered regardless how I bend my arms). The sleeve length is perfect for me: With my arms at my sides the sleeve cuff ends sit between the first set of knuckles and the second set of knuckles (where my wedding ring is). With my arms bent typing this the cuff ends sit halfway between my wrists and knuckles. I do not roll the sleeves.
Although the sleeves are big they're not overly big. My wife can slide her arms through my sleeve cuffs while I'm wearing this but they don't hang down ridiculously (like those one-size-fits-all robes).

The two pockets are great. I can fit my large hands in perfectly without stressing the seems and they're deep enough to hold my pda, cigarettes, wallet, etc without falling out. Usually larger pockets tend to allow the pocket openings to gape open. I'm not sure if it's the material, the stitching, a combination or just blind luck but these pockets visually stay closed (unlike those one-size-fits-all robes). Nice.

I don't use the belt as I wear pajama pants underneath but I will admit the belt looks good and matches the robe perfectly (again - unlike those cheap thin one-size-fits-all robes).

With my 5'10" height the bottom of this XL robe just barely grazed against the tops of the middle of my feet. After first wash (recommended settings: cool water, tumble dry low) the robe bottom hovers about half an inch above the middle of my feet. No other dimensions appear to have been affected.

The material is great and the sewing is outstanding. Production is top notch - I can find no imperfections.

This typing marks the tenth night I've owned this robe and so far I've been doing everything I can to live in it. I love it that much. If I could find a way to wear this in public or to work I would.
This robe is my first encounter with Turkish cotton and I will be replacing all of my bath towels with this material.

It's everything I've ever dreamed of in a robe (can you tell I've been wanting a good bath robe for a long time?) and is worth every cent. It's five times the cost of an inexpensive one-size-fits-all robe but easily ten times the quality. This robe epitomizes 'you get what you pay for'.

*Like another reviewer I'm very pleased with the Emperor Palpatine likeness I get from this robe in black. Looks like I've got next Halloween covered. :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a plain old robe, March 26, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Color not true, April 1, 2011
Overall I do like this item; the length is great and the fit is very comfortable. My only issues are with the color - the 'Burgundy' item that I ordered is more like a washed-out blood-red, not too appealing. I'd have picked another color had I known. The weight of the terrycloth is a little lighter than expected in this price range, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars mens bathrobe, November 30, 2010
This product was exactly what we wanted - long, plush and heavier weight than some other bathrobes to be found. My husband is very happy with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, October 25, 2012
T. Stewart "Tom" (Baton Rouge, LA, USA) - See all my reviews
The ordering and delivery went flawlessly, but the quality of the robe fabric is poor; the terrycloth has many snags and ravels, especially on the arms. I do like its to-the-floor length.

Rate and Discover Movies