5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, FINALLY!
Published on March 16, 2012 by AmazonJunkie

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
Published on August 18, 2012 by Hope3211

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, FINALLY!, March 16, 2012
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
Ok, I am excited to be the first to write a review for this product. I am a product junkie so I have tried A LOT of products out there. I have tried combinations of products. I have thick, curly 3c African American hair. I use Redken Smooth Down shampoo and conditioner (they are amazing). But I really want a products that defines AND moisturizes. Usually it defines but is dry or it moisturizes and doesn't define.

The only one that I found good for both elements was Afro Veda Pur Whipped Gelly. It is thick and super moisturizing and defining. But you can only get it online. I need to know if I run out I can get it quickly. So I would always have two around.

Anyway, when I got this, I was able to get GREAT definition AND moisture. It's not thick like the Afro Veda, but it looked shiny and my hair was perfect (for me). But I love how it is light and was still able to moisturize AND hold. This product in my opinion is SUPERIOR to any I have used before.

I understand that you get enhanced moisture when using As I Am leave-in. I am curious so I will try that combo next. I can't wait to go wash my hair and try it again!

UPDATE:
This is still great in my book, but I feel that it is a great second product, because this is a lighter hold than I what I am currently doing. I found a better regimen for my 3C hair type. I use Paul Mitchel The Conditioner with Eco Styler w/ Argon. Once it dries, you scrunch and it is super soft, hydrated, shiny with curl def.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, August 18, 2012
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I have a mixture of 3C, 4A, 4B hair. This product is okay but you can't use too much or you will have white residue all over your hair when it dries, (embarrassing) and your hair only last for 2 days. Its great for the health of your hair but unless you have the time to wash & style every 2-3 days it's a lot of work. I brought the clarity shampoo, twist defining cream, leave-in hydration conditioner and the curly jelly, about $80 bucks. In my opinion it's not worth the cost. I do a lot of twists outs and found that Cantu curly cream shea butter for 5 bucks gives you a great twist out without leaving residue. Love the name of the product but the price should definitely come down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good and light weight, June 12, 2013
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I am only on my third day of using this product, but felt it deserved a review. I am impressed with it so far. People asked if I cut my hair as my curls were tighter and more defined than they had been. They were not crunchy and easy to play with with the product applied.

I have 4c type hair. It is very thick packed with lots of springy dense coils. I typically co-wash my hair every 1-2 weeks and usually use my own concoction of natural oils mixed with a little of Creme of Nature conditioner as my moisturizing butter. When I saw the key ingredients for the jelly: Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Pectin and Sugar Beet Root, I decided it was worth a go.

I detest spending a lot of money on something that doesn't work for me. So, I did not purchase from Amazon. I purchased from my local Sally's with the understanding that if it did not work out, I would be returning the remaining product within 60 days with my receipt. So far, it is a keeper.

The jelly is a loose jelly that is not too sticky. After detangling my hair, I applied a leave-in. Then, I took a small (about 3 fingertips) scoop and massaged it all over hair. I then began working my hair in sections starting at the the back bottom. I raked my fingers through the smaller sections ensuring the product was well distributed. If I needed a little more product, I would add it.

I did not repeat this on day 2. I simply sprayed a little leave in on my hair and pulled at my curls and left it at that.

I do not twist my hair and definitely sleep well at night! So, on day 3 I really needed to refresh my hair. I used my spray bottle to wet my hair. I did not soak it, but wet it enough to create a fresh look. I once again raked my fingers through my hair to make sure there were no dry spots. Since I did not wash my hair, previous product remained. I used a smaller amount than on day one. I did apply/massage it in all over and quickly raked my fingers through again for even distribution.

I did not experience any flaking or white areas that others mentioned. I really think that the key is to use the product sparingly.

Over all, I believe that I will be recommending this to my naturally curly friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love As I Am Products, April 24, 2012
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I have been natural for about 4 or 5 months and I am sick and tired of buying hair care products that do not work. With that said I bought just about everything that Ms Jessies sales and none if it has worked and acutally tried many natural hair care products that tout their benefits and abillity to define and make nice curls. However, I have not been able to find anything that seems to work right for me but this curling jelly is to die for and I am in love with how it smells and feels my curls were totally pretty when I finished using the product. I only bought this one thing because I was afraid that I would not like this just like everything else that I have bought. And I tend to buy the entire line then realize did not work for me....

With that said I went online, "my go to is Amazon" becuase I have a prime meberhsip and love to get my stuff really quickly with no shipping and handling becuase the Sallys that I bought this product from only had the curling jelly and that was the last thing that they had in stock for this productline which made me think wow it must be good since this brand was all out. Went online to their website to read up on how they make their product and get a feeling for everything that they sale. Yes I bought it all the curly cleansing shampoo, Coconut Co-wash, Cleansing Pudding, Leave in conditioner and Hydration Elating deep conditioner because they also have fee shipping and handling if you purchase at least $35. When I get my product I plan to use each one if I love them as much as I love their curling jelly I will be a happy camper. I now have two new natural hair care products that I am in LOVE with that will be in my hair care R'epertoire. AS I am and Dr Miracles new curl care line too. I plan to give my Ms Jessies to my friend who acutally likes the stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am finally able to enjoy the texture of my natural curls, September 22, 2014
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
After 8 years of locs, I am finally able to enjoy the texture of my natural curls. I have been purchasing this product and other "As I am" products for nearly 4 months; I love it! This is my first time purchasing this product online because I usually purchased my products from Target, Wal-mart or even Sally's. I am purchasing on Amazon because this product is 16 oz which would last longer. With that, I'm hoping that there are other "As I Am" products that have 16 oz or more, I think more is always better. Overall, great product line!

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite this far - perfect for my 4b hair, November 14, 2014
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
Leaves my curls defined but not dry and crunchy. Recommend to follow directions and apply leave in on freshly washed hair first and then use the curling jelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy wow!, June 13, 2012
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
My curls are so incredibly wicked after I use this! Suffice it to say that I love this product! I can put it on my 4a/b hair then literally walk out the door -- the jelly is clear, isn't sticky, doesn't weigh down my hair, and dries fairly fast. There's no drip or embarrassing product build-up.

I am a product junkie so I have a library of faves, but this is among my top three. Heck, it's #1.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, November 23, 2013
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
This product really defines my curls and makes my hair very shiny. My curls and coils will last me for over a week. All I have to do each morning is add a little water, hair comb and go. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+++++++++ Product. AMAZING. MUST TRY, August 13, 2014
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
This product is absolutely Amazing!! I buy so many hair products....I am mixed with natural curly hair....this really defines my curls and yes they still look fresh days later...I love this stuff and a little bit goes a loooong way!! A MUST TRY!! A++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 28, 2014
This review is from: As I Am Curling Jelly, 16 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I wear my hair natural and this works well in getting the desired effect. I would reccommend this product to anyone that wears their hair naturally.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›