5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [As Long As It Takes]
Published on March 2, 2010 by Kevin Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Charming
I'm not the biggest fan of Meredith Andrews but this album is really sweet. Kind of low tempo for my taste unless I'm in that sad is happy mood that a lot of music inspires, lol, if you like that mood too tracks 10 and 3 (especially 3) are really amazing!
Published 23 months ago by Sonja Tierney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [As Long As It Takes], March 2, 2010
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (MP3 Music)
Produced by Jason Ingram and Rusty Varenkamp, the duo that also produced Word Records recording artist Meredith Andrews' debut record The Invitation, As Long As It Takes is the result of a two year wait since the release that launched the hits "You Invite Me In", "You're Not Alone" and "New Song We Sing." She was accurately described as one of Billboard Magazine's "Faces to Watch" in 2008. For me, Meredith brings sincerity and relatable themes that get deeper with each listen. My favorite albums are the ones that continue to provide new revelations over time by savoring them and The Invitation paved the way for that experience. As Long As It Takes is in that same mold and is fitting as the title track is based on Meredith's experiencing the pressure of song-writing, "I was empty and tired and feeling this pressure. It's the music industry and when you're writing for your sophomore record, they say that's the hardest to write. I was trying to prove myself. Okay God, this is where I am. I'm helpless. I'm empty and dry, but I'm just going to sit here until you fill me and wait until you speak and until you move me."

I think I can safely say in my opinion that God answered Meredith's prayer of faithfully waiting on Him. I didn't think it was possible, but somehow this album has topped The Invitation. I find that what I liked most about Meredith's first album were the amazing album tracks that weren't singles like "The River" and "Who Is Like You," which in my opinion are equaled with standout songs "Never Move On" and "In Your Arms," which was co-written with Jared Anderson of Desperation Band. There are also many songs that I expect will make their way onto Christian radio, starting with the lead single "Can Anybody Hear Me?", which has already climbed into the Top 20. "Live Through Me" and "My Soul Sings," co-written with Stu Garrard of Delirious? are in the vein of "New Song We Sing" and "You Invite Me In" and I hope to sing those songs with fellow believers in the near future, along with closing song "How Great Is The Love" which was co-written by well-known worship leader Paul Baloche, who also recorded the song on his album Glorious.

As Long As It Takes includes eleven new tracks from the singer-songwriter who wrote or co-wrote every song based on her life experiences. "Come Home" was written for Andrews' younger brother. "What It Means To Love" was inspired by a life changing encounter with a young orphan boy diagnosed as HIV positive, McKinsley, that Andrews met on her first trip to Haiti.

CLOSING THOUGHTS
If you like Natalie Grant, Nichole Nordeman and Bethany Dillon, then you'll really enjoy Meredith Andrews. If you are looking for one of the top female solo albums of the year, then look no further than As Long As It Takes, which currently holds a spot in my top 10 albums of 2010 and will be hard to replace as I'm sure it will continue to challenge, inspire and move me. This is truly a great album and uplifting worship experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Musician's Review, April 6, 2010
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (MP3 Music)
As Long As It Takes is a good follow-up album to The Invitation, featuring the same strong vocal performances and accessible lyrics that defined that first album. It is really just more of the same for Meredith: not better, not worse. In this case, though, that's a good thing. With arrangements crafted around the timbre of her voice and the ease of the lyrical flow, it's hard to not like Meredith's sound. For the pop contemporary female niche, you're hard-pressed to find something more pleasing.

The only gripe I have on this album is the lack of convincing musical climaxes that I enjoyed on her first album. On almost every song on The Invitation, there would be one point - a vocal embellishment, musical flourish, or well-timed rhythm fill - that I could point to and say, "that's it." (As a side note: pianist and composer Sergei Rachmaninoff used to write one of these "musical points" into almost every one of his compositions, and it's what separates good music from truly great music or even transcendent music, if you will.) It's the part that would stick in my head and the moment to which I would let the music build when I listened. These moments in As Long As It Takes, while present, just aren't as convincing or well-executed as the ones on The Invitation. The result is an album that is a little less memorable then it should have been.

In conclusion, As Long As It Takes is a polished, well-paced album featuring a convincing vocal performance by a woman who is filled with new life. You can't go wrong with this album. A few months after I had picked up Meredith's first album, The Invitation, I was wishing for more songs, more of her beautiful voice to listen to. Here it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars is not enough, June 1, 2010
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (Audio CD)
Most of Meredith Andrews' music is fun & catchy or contemplative, which I enjoy very much, but then there are the few songs that are just breathtaking. "All Will Fade Away" ('caught up'- wow) and "As Long As It Takes" are amazing to me. Her voice is truly anointed. This album is even more moving than "The Invitation" (which I highly recommend) and I hope she never deviates from this sound: sincere and womanly, filled with happy reverence for her Savior and the earnest desire to share His love with the listener. Just beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful talent, September 11, 2010
I Love Life (Torrance, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (Audio CD)
I actually discovered Meredith Andrews through Amazon as it suggested artists I might like based on previous purchases. Her voice is beautiful, and her style is heavenly. It really appeals to the modern population.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 12, 2014
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (Audio CD)
This is a great cd! I love Meredith's music as she sings from her heart and it's very God inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 5, 2013
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (Audio CD)
As good as this gets.....It is a treasure that no one can regret having this in their library. Happy to recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars great, September 18, 2013
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (MP3 Music)
this download was chalk full of great songs and inspirational sentiments. quality is good and i had no problems downloading it ... i love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS WAS GREAT, May 28, 2013
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (Audio CD)
I selected this rating because the cd is awesome. Every song speaks to you as a believer where ever you are in your walk.
I love the songs because they are speaking to me on where I am in my spiritual walk.
I would recommend this cd for everyone believers and non believers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great new artist, May 10, 2013
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (MP3 Music)
We have been singing some of Meredith's songs at church. This is one of Meredith's older CDs, but it's just as good as her newer work. Her lyrics are classic Christian. She'll be enjoyed by younger listeners as well as older Christians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Worship!, February 19, 2013
This review is from: As Long As It Takes (MP3 Music)
Meredith Andrews has such a clear and lovely voice! Filling your heart with praise for our King! Awesome worship music!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

As Long As It Takes
As Long As It Takes by Meredith Andrews (Audio CD - 2010)