Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
As One Hardcover – February 3, 2011
"The Industries of the Future"
Innovation expert Alec Ross explains what’s next for the world. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Mehrdad Baghai, James Quigley, and their three collaborators share what was learned from the a two-year Deloitte Flagship Project whose purpose was to examine the challenges of working together "As One." The project's scope was global, nourished and supported by best resources available from the US, UK, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, South Africa, and Japan.
2. Key questions are addressed. For example: What does it take to work As One? To succeed As One? To overcome barriers As One? To cope with failure As One? To become stronger As One?
3. Baghai and Quigley used an advanced forensic data analytic technique called a self-organizing map (SOM). Various maps (they use eight) "find relationships in data where the number of variables makes the analysis complex, and, they divide complicated data into groups of similar items so that you can understand what makes them similar.
4. There are eight leader & followers archetypes: (landlord & tenants, community organizer & volunteers, conductor & orchestra, producer & creative team, general & soldiers, architect & builders, captain & sports team, and senator & citizens. A chapter is devoted to each of the eight. Baghai and Quigley thoroughly explain how leaders and followers can coordinate individual action with a group's collective power.
5. Material about each of the two-part archetypes is organized within this format: Exemplary Individual, Exemplary Business, Key Characteristics of Leader and Team, "Is X the right model for the reader?", and "How to become a better X?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
saw them on youtube
impressive simple and useable, interesting perspective
Book gets simplistic, and I would like to go with their ideas more, but that means joining... Read more
This is my first transaction with Amazon and I am pleased with their best service.
It is simple and economical. Keep up the great service.