Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Point N Paint As Seen On TV Painting System Kit
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on January 17, 2010
Yesterday, I painted three of the four walls of our son's nursery (a large bedroom) - almost 7 months pregnant (I'm doing the last wall today - it's a different color). While the Point and Paint takes a bit of getting-used-to, it does pretty much what the ads say. I'd like to address other peoples' most common areas of comment:
(1) re: pads snapping off: YOU HAVE TO SNAP THEM ON REALLY HARD. Once snapped on, it's difficult to get them off. With use, I don't even see how it's possible to have the pad snap off during use.
(2) re: edging: admittedly, I did edge the ceiling (because I didn't use a ladder tall enough to see up close to the pad. Hence, the four stars - not five. However, I did not tape the other edges of the room (which included baseboards, a door frame, and intricate window frame. I WAS CAREFUL NOT TO GET TOO MUCH PAINT ON THE PADS, and NOT TO GOOP THE PAINT ON THE EXPOSED EDGES. By watching these two things, I was able to nicely edge everything, and not get dripping or bleeding.
(3) re: the floor: admittedly, I did get a spot of paint on the floor. This was by my error, though, and nothing to do with the system.
(4) re: the time it saves: I would agree that it does save a lot of time - mostly in the area of prep. I didn't tape, put sheets down, or have to mess around with multiple rollers or anything. I took my time around edges (which I would do with a roller or brush anyway), but the large face areas of the walls were done much quicker - and more evenly.
I did not use the ceiling pole, so I can't comment on using the ceiling attachment function, but it seems you need to have a pole that fits the unit very well.
I would suggest to anyone considering this product to read all the customer reviews you can out there on the internet (notice people are actually very unhappy, or very happy with it!), and learn from those unhappy peoples' mistakes. Before opening the package, I came to realize that the happy people were using the product correctly as intended. That's what I did to prepare, and it worked out great.
1212 comments|421 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2010
I was embarrassed to say that after 12 years of selling paint that I had bought an "As Seen on TV" product to paint my new place. I cannot paint to save my life, my husband did not want me to paint the new place at all but I did not want to pay a ridiculous amount for someone else to do it.
I started using the small pad but that was not helping at all for the huge walls I was doing so I switched to the large pad with a pole. What a piece of junk! The piece you screw your pole into spins like crazy and after only a few minutes of use, the whole pole attachment popped off. I was so frustrated and I had only completed 3/4 of a wall! After yelling and fussing I sat down to figure out what to do next since the pad and what not worked well, I just had no way of holding onto the pad to get any paint on the wall. I stared at the big triangle thing and thought "I must be missing something that attaches to this thing". Sure enough... the smaller pad holder fits onto the back of the large pad & my life was so much better! I love this thing! I got my large living room, dining room, hall combo space done so fast & it actually looks great! I am not telling my husband that I did it myself until after he looks at it and comments on how good of a job the contractor did. I can't wait!!
0Comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2009
My husband ordered the Point 'n Paint. It does not work at all like the commercial says. It does not reach the edge and you still have to cut in with a brush. The pole attachment part on the big pad broke in two places after very little use. The plastic on the back of the pads broke when I was washing them out. The paint job was smeary and uneven. The pan with the roller was the only worthwhile part of the whole package. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT there are much better edgers in the paint section of any store that sells paint supplies.
44 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 25, 2013
Point N Paint

My sister and I used this system to paint several rooms and her garage when she moved into her new house years ago. It worked well but it has a learning curve. Once you learn its limitations, how to load it and work it, you will be happier.

♦Prep: When you get the system, you must clean it. Vacuum it aggressively and well. There are zillions of hairs/fuzzies loose on the pads. Then wash the pads well under running water. If you watch the video, wait til the end to see the fuzzies. You do not want these stuck in your wet paint.

♦Pads: The pads are the weakest point of the system. Aside from the fuzzies, they are on the flimsy side and do not want to fit under the tabs well. It is also difficult at times to determine if they are actually under the tabs. After using them a while, the plastic is not as firm and they do not want to snap snuggly into place. The tip also tends to bend/stick out some. They do hold paint well, but you don't want them to hold paint. With this system, you want to use as little paint as possible on the pads or it will drip and make a big mess. Keep a rag to wipe the edges often.

♦Handles: The handles are plastic. I know not to attempt using an extension, so even though the big pad has one, I just ignore it. It does not work and that is something I accept. The little handle snaps into the bigger handle.

♦Tray: Best part of the system. Well built, easy to use, nice big spreader, easy to clean. You can hold the side to keep it from rolling to help get excess paint off the sponge pads.

Remember, clean it really, really well. Do not overload the pads, use minimal paint. Wipe often to avoid runs. Don't even bother with the extension. Clean well after using.

Hope the video gives you a better idea of what it looks like.
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2009
This product DOES NOT WORK!! Paint drips. It does not leave a smooth painted surface. It will look streaky. You cannot control this thing using the pole. You will have to go over it as close as you can with a roller. The 5.00 Surline Edge painter worked so much better with very little imperfections, if you are looking to eliminate the taping step while painting.
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2009
The only good thing was the paint pan with the roller. The pad did not last. The paint job was splotchy and did NOT go to the edge as advertized. We didn't use a pole- but looking at the attachment place- it does not seem sturdy. We thought we'd get replacement pads- can't find them. I believe that's because they won't bother- no one wants them.
We're getting something else & throwing this in the trash.
on July 9, 2009
First of all, I usually don't write reviews but after use of this product I felt compelled to save others from the hassle of this useless, worthless product. After about ten minutes the pole attachment broke from the large pad. Not to mention the fact that you can not edge with this product. Don't let the commercial fool you! Save your money or else you'll end up doing what we did. We tossed it in the trash and went and bought a REAL painting system. Buyer beware!
on March 29, 2009
I thought from the commercial that this would be the perfect thing to get all my painting jobs done with less mess. It proved to be more difficult than I though. When I attatche the pole to the painting pad, the pad kept moving around and now matter how hard I tried, I could not get it stable. The product fell way beyond my expectations. I had it expedited to me, believing that it was going to work jus like it did in the commercial and ended up paying more for shipping than the original product itself. Once again, I was just not please with the product!
on February 23, 2009
This product does not work. Just google point and paint and read about all the problems others have had. Save your money and either buy a roller or hire someone to paint for you. Either way, you will be better off.
33 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2015
I bought this to make it easier to paint the nursery for our second child... I went to use it and it didn't even cover the color that was underneath. It was a waste of money and the fact the extender attachment was broken when I got it didn't help. Here's the difference of the Point N Paint and a regular paint roller... The roller was the middle and the Point N Paint is the sides... I don't recommend anyone getting this product at all. It's useless and a waste of money.
review image