5.0 out of 5 stars Cooling Relief Finally!
I love my Chillow. It has helped me finally get some relief from over heating while trying to sleep. I don't have hot flashes, I just simply generate heat constantly and I am finally keeping cool enough to get a good rest at night.

I would recommend this product to anyone who needs heat relief.
Published on August 28, 2011 by Verdeasianti

2.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Work - At Least For Me
Published 18 months ago by Juanita Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Work - At Least For Me, May 30, 2013
This review is from: As Seen On TV Chillow Soothing, Cooling Comfort On Your Favorite Pillow (Kitchen)
This pillowcase insert version can be very nice and cool, so I know it has that capability. I bought it so when I had a hot flash, I would not have to flip the pillow to find a cool spot. This device heats up just the same as the pillow, and after I have moved it away from my body, resumes the coolness. I still have to wake up to move it away from me. Sigh! I had such high hopes, and many of my friends are waiting to see if it works. They would have been probable customers had it worked.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very chilly or cold for long, October 25, 2011
Really thought this product was going to help my wife stay somewhat cool thru the night.Pillow was cool for maybe the first half hour,after that it heated up like any other pillow,after trying using it for a couple of nights,do not use any more,and is now used for my dog.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!, July 14, 2013
Followed directions to the letter let it sit for 5 hours, let out excess air and everything . Slept on it the first night it leaked all over the bed. Ruined my phone. My sister ordered another one she followed the SAME instructions and hers leaked bad too. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY THESE PILLOWS ARE CRAP!

3.0 out of 5 stars Warms up, July 17, 2013
I agree with the other reviewers, I was under the impression this would stay cool all night long. It was wonderful for the first 2 hours and then I woke up to a flat and warm pillow. Kind of disappointed in it. It's also a big pain in the neck when you first fill it up and have to let it sit 4+ hours, letting the air bubble out of it is nearly impossible, I had water everywhere. Am glad I got mine at Walgreens and only paid 12.00 for it! It's probably good for cooling off during the day but I won't sleep with mine again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooling Relief Finally!, August 28, 2011

I would recommend this product to anyone who needs heat relief.

1.0 out of 5 stars Chillow didn't work for me - didn't stay cool., October 16, 2013
Glad I bought it from their site direct because it was cheaper than purchasing from Amazon. However, for me, the Chillow was a dud. To start, the instructions tell you to fill it up with 7 - 8 cups of very warm water.Afterwards, let it sit for 4 hours to let the water dissipate. Then, roll up like a sleeping bab to press the air out. Didn't happen. I did so, waited four hours and guess what? The Chillow was still filled to the brim of water. I waited the next day, still water. There was no way I was going to be able to take the top off the fill spout and roll it up to get rid of any extra air. So, I had to turn it upside down over the sink to drain the water and then press any extra air out. Did so and it seemed to be okay. After I pressed the air out, I replaced the seal top and it was vacuum sealed just like the instructions stated.

However, the pad just failed to stay cool. Not only was it uncomfortable for me to lay my head on, I was still waking up sweating with the pad not keeping me cool at all. I placed the pad on my pillow with the pillow cover over both. There was no way I was going to be able to use the Chillow pad alone. Anyway, my two-cents is that this thing may work for some but not for others. Not sure what the difference is but it didn't for me. Perhaps chock it up to incorrect set up but I tried to follow the instructions to the tee. Regardless, a good box fan may just do the job better.

UPDATE: Don't buy a Chillow from the company directly. I just got a "courtesy call" from Chillow reps who told me I should receive my Chillow shortly. The thing is, I got it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. However, calling me to notify me that I should be getting it soon isn't the real reason they called me. They called to bait-and-switch me into a program that I would have regretted. After the woman on the line told me that my chillow would arrive soon, she told me that I was "automatically enrolled" in a budget saver program. They were going to mail me gas coupons or something like that. Then, she switched me over to another rep who told me about the program. If I didn't like it, I could quite. I said "Okay, sounds great, send me the coupons". Then he asked me for my card number. I asked him, "Wait, if you're going to send me coupons for savings in this program, why do I need to give you my card number?" I then told him I wasn't going to give him my card number, that if I was interested in continuing the budget saver program that I would then. [THERE IS NO REASON TO GIVE THEM YOUR CARD NUMBER. Better yet, don't do it.] However, when I tried to explain that I wasn't interested if I had to give him my card number, he became rude, talking over me when I tried to get a word in so I hung up.

People, bottom line: If you buy a Chillow directly from their website, you can probably expect a call like this. Therefore, I pulled the two stars on this review to a one star for including a bait-n'-switch program on you. Buy from another another seller. The item is still crap but if you must buy crap, buy from another seller on Amazon, not from the company directly. To also show you proof of this scam, just go to their Facebook page (link below) and read the comments of people who either bought the product and/or signed up for the "budget saver" program. That's damning enough.

Who wants to buy a product from a company who also scams people, though? I don't. Like I said, you would probably do better with a box fan. That's what I'm doing now and it works great. Plus, no scams.

FB link: [...]

1.0 out of 5 stars Chillow - ugh, July 20, 2013
I wish I would have read the reviews before I bought this. I opened the box, and when I saw that I had to put water in it, let it sit 4 hours,and knead the air bubbles out...I packed it right back up and will be returning it.I can see water all over my bed at night from a leak.

Read the reviews before you buy anything people! I missed the train on this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not like the Original Chillow-BEWARE!, September 29, 2013
This is NOT the Original Chillow that I have been buying for years!! It is cheaply made and leaks easily. If you chill it in the fridge , after a few times it becomes brittle and leaks. Not well made and does not last !! Beware!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 22, 2013
I ordered this product for my mother who is always warm when sleeping. She said the pillow worked for about a half hour & then was too warm. She gave it away after trying it for a week.

Mary

1.0 out of 5 stars not cold at all, September 20, 2013
this pillow does not do what it promises at all. its no cooler than any pillow and the plug doesnt stay in so water everywhere. total waste of money

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›