4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine
Published 19 months ago by Hikingstevo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good colors, lightweight, but pockets have flaws
Published 22 months ago by Jesse R. Page

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, December 4, 2012
The fit and finish are good on these shorts. I especially like the pockets. They aren't too deep, just right for holding tissues for blowing my nose while I run. I wouldn't trust the pockets with my keys but I don't like to run with keys in my pocket anyway. I use my ipod arm band for my keys. The only minor thing I don't like is the draw string. It is difficult to untie; that's why I gave them a 4/5 stars. All in all I'm happy with my purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good colors, lightweight, but pockets have flaws, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Asics Men's Core Pocketed Short (Apparel)
After running in these once, there were a couple things that didn't give me a great first impression. First is the liner - my fault for not reading the description right, but I dislike the mesh liners. I don't want a pair of swimming shorts to run in... I want running shorts. Anyways, this won't reduce the rating due to it being my error, but I'll be cutting the liner out.

The most obvious flaw is the pockets, as another reviewer mentioned. Generally, I don't run with my iPhone in my pocket - I'll leave it at home or put it on a clip. However, the first time I had these shorts on, I just wanted to go out for a light jog and have my phone on me. After jogging through a grass patch, I noticed my iPhone wasn't there anymore and had to backtrack to find it. It just popped right out. The pockets are much too shallow and I would be hesitant to run with anything of value in the pockets, even my ID and/or credit card.

Such is life. They are only shorts :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality., March 22, 2013
The shorts are comfortable and durable. I'm not sure of what else needs to be said on the matter of the shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable., January 17, 2013
Bochun Qiu (Shanghai, China) - See all my reviews
And there are altogether 3 pockets. The little one inside is smartly located. Also the color is very eye appealing.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK quality, April 18, 2014
Not the same quality you'd get from a running store. The material seems to be really thin, like a cheap pair of shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics is Asics, December 30, 2013
I purchased these for my brother who likes Asics products. He is happy and says they are good quality....Awesome. I

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly comfortable!, December 2, 2013
Great length so that you can wear this while playing other sports or around town without looking like you stopped mid-run to pick up some coffee. Your wallet and/or phone will likely slip out of these shorts if you're driving or sitting for prolonged periods of time. Very breathable and have yet to absorb my stench. Can be used as swim trunks in a pinch because they have the lining (your goods won't be exposed through your thigh region), they aren't see-through, and they dry quickly. Keep in mind they will definitely outline your "assets" when you are exiting the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, November 29, 2013
I run about 4 miles and do a lot of high intensity interval training. These shorts are really comfortable. I've never had a problem with chaffing. There is a support liner, exterior pockets and key pouch inside the waist-belt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Asics, November 13, 2013
lawrence zigerelli (MANHATTAN, KANSAS, US) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent value...quality is as good as the much more expensive name brands. I highly recommend the brand

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too baggy for my tastes, October 31, 2013
These pans are a little too baggy for my taste maybe because they have side pockets. Didn't see any info on the pockets in the description though. Also very light

Asics Men's Core Pocketed Short