4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine
Published 16 months ago by Hikingstevo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good colors, lightweight, but pockets have flaws
Published 19 months ago by Jesse R. Page

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, December 4, 2012
The fit and finish are good on these shorts. I especially like the pockets. They aren't too deep, just right for holding tissues for blowing my nose while I run. I wouldn't trust the pockets with my keys but I don't like to run with keys in my pocket anyway. I use my ipod arm band for my keys. The only minor thing I don't like is the draw string. It is difficult to untie; that's why I gave them a 4/5 stars. All in all I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality., March 22, 2013
The shorts are comfortable and durable. I'm not sure of what else needs to be said on the matter of the shorts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good colors, lightweight, but pockets have flaws, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Asics Men's Core Pocketed Short (Apparel)
After running in these once, there were a couple things that didn't give me a great first impression. First is the liner - my fault for not reading the description right, but I dislike the mesh liners. I don't want a pair of swimming shorts to run in... I want running shorts. Anyways, this won't reduce the rating due to it being my error, but I'll be cutting the liner out.

The most obvious flaw is the pockets, as another reviewer mentioned. Generally, I don't run with my iPhone in my pocket - I'll leave it at home or put it on a clip. However, the first time I had these shorts on, I just wanted to go out for a light jog and have my phone on me. After jogging through a grass patch, I noticed my iPhone wasn't there anymore and had to backtrack to find it. It just popped right out. The pockets are much too shallow and I would be hesitant to run with anything of value in the pockets, even my ID and/or credit card.

Such is life. They are only shorts :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable., January 17, 2013
Bochun Qiu (Shanghai, China) - See all my reviews
And there are altogether 3 pockets. The little one inside is smartly located. Also the color is very eye appealing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shorts, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Asics Men's Core Pocketed Short (Apparel)
I have always found ASICS clothing and shoes to be comfortable and well made, and these shorts are no exception. They are exceedingly comfortable for running or general activities (I wear mine around the house and for walking a lot, too.) They are not restrictive in any way and do not bind in any position, unlike some athletic shorts. They wick moisture away from the skin well, and are perfectly acceptable to wear out of the house to run casual errands. For the price I think these shorts are an excellent value, and unless you need a very specialized athletic short of some sort, these will be more than adequate for all general purpose needs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great/Chafing, August 11, 2013
Cause a lot of chafing. Probably ok for a few miles but if you run regularly these are not going to cut it. I bought these because they where cheap and had Aisics branding. Waste of money as I had to go out and buy a good pair of running shorts within 2 weeks and threw these in the garbage.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, May 2, 2013
The shorts were pretty much as expected with one exception--which may be related to how I'm built. The fit on the waist is good, and I knew I was buying a slightly smaller size than I normally wear. I find the inner liner is tight, and chafes a bit. This could be me, or the shorts, not sure--I would have to buy the next larger size to tell, but they are not too tight around the waist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Running Shorts, January 2, 2013
David Collon (Birmingham, MI United States) - See all my reviews
The shorts are very comfortable and perfect length. I will definitely be ordering more pairs in the future. I would recommend these to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars New to Walking, May 24, 2013
These were my first purchase of walking equipment. They are very nice and fit well. The problem is when i go long distances or walk in high temperature. The inside underwear chafes a lot. I have since bought one of the anti friction sticks to help with this issue. I am not sure if they were intended to prevent chaffing or if that's just one of those things you have to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics is Asics, December 30, 2013
I purchased these for my brother who likes Asics products. He is happy and says they are good quality....Awesome. I

ARRAY(0x9da562c4)