4.0 out of 5 stars Barbara De Angelis Scores Agian!
I have bought other books by Barbara De Angelis and found her advice pretty acurate. I bought my first book by Barbara about eight years ago. Other books by Barbara De Angelis include: "Secrets About Men Every Woman Should Know" and "Are You the One for Me?"
Published on July 18, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't deserve a publisher
I read De Angelis's other book which is hilariously bad. Her method for expressing emotions is to use bold face, italics, exclamation points. Sometimes she uses all of them in a single sentence. Her advice is vague and commonsensical: "Judge a Man by the Size of His Heart, not by the Size of His Wallet" or "Look for a Man with Good Character."...
Published on June 18, 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Barbara De Angelis Scores Agian!, July 18, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Ask Barbara: The 100 Most Asked Questions About Love, Sex, and Relationships (Mass Market Paperback)
For this book,"Ask Barbara: The 100 Most Asked Questions About Love, Sex, and Relationships", I found helpful for those questions you are afraid to ask.
I particularly like how this book is broken down. Whether you have questions reguarding intimacy, compadability, or commitment. Even if you are starting over and are hesitent about a relationship. "Ask Barbara..." pretty much covers it all. The sections in the book are easy to follow.
Barbara De Angelis is my all time favorate author when it comes to the subject of relationships. This is do to Barbara's no nonsense easy approach to the subject matter.
Whether you have issues or questions reguarding love, sex, or relationships; I can not recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incrediblly amazing, Barbara has done it again, July 19, 1998
This review is from: Ask Barbara (Hardcover)
This book allows the reader to get clarity. You can go right to the section of the book that is your main focus at the time. Barbara DeAngelis is so wonderful and has a heart that reaches out to all. She is honest and direct, yet has a total true understanding of the men and woman who reach for her books. The only thing better than her books, is attending her workshops. She gives 500% of herself to help men and woman heal their lives, tear down walls, and take the necessary risks to go on. This woman shares so much love with people. Keep up the good work !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book for interpersonal relationships, January 21, 2000
Glorianne (Gaithersburg, Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
I've been wrestling with some issues and stumbled upon this book by Dr. D Angelis. I once watched her often but drifted away years ago. Her book is a great starting point for anyone wanting to grow beyond their normal comfort zone. She has a "meet you where you are approach." I feel most speakers know alot and can talk alot but can't relate it to "my life." Dr. De Angelis does and does with a compassionate thread throughout the book. This book has a question and aswer format and references itself to other questions within the book so that it doesn't lose you in the topic. Great book! You won't get confused.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, February 9, 1998
This review is from: Ask Barbara (Hardcover)
Barbara is bold in her statements. Friends can tell you the same thing and it sounds so much better and believable from Barbara. She gives you reality and then tells you how to move one. I loved it! I've read all but Real Moments and I think she is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, August 19, 2010
Just finished reading this book. I was not disapointed, I was impressed! Barbara deeply knows what works in relationsips and what does not. This is the third book I have read from this author and I have to say I continue to be very impressed with the depth of Barbara's knowledge about relationships and spirituality. I loved question 100, the last one in the book. I felt that I am on the same spiritual plane with her on top of agreeing with everything she has to say about relationships. Her three books have taken me to a new level of understanding and growth. I inted to read every one of her 14 books. What a blessing to humanity Barbara De Angelis is!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A hipper Dear Abby, April 9, 1997
By A Customer
This is a deceptively easy book to read, lightweight as awoman¹s magazine, but there¹s much wisdom and insight containedin it. I noticed that some of ³Ask Barbara² is lifted from her earlier books, but hey. There¹s only so much practical advice you can give before you start repeating yourself. If you haven¹t read any of her books yet, this is a good starting place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you the one for me?, September 19, 2001
By A Customer
After going through several relationships that went sour as well as a divorce I decided to buy this book. I wasn't sure how good it would be under I started reading it. I have to tell both men and women in relationships or single this is a must to read. It will make you feel refreshed and ready to find the one true love we all are looking for. Dr DeAngelis touched on every aspect of a relationship and then some. I will recommend this book to all of my friends that have not found the true love in their lives .Thank you for the inspiration that I so needed in my life!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Have a Question, November 24, 2003
EgusHdus (Hua Hin, Thailand USA) - See all my reviews
This is an extremely detailed book, outlining what the author perceives as categoric "roles" we fall into, i.e. "Puppy Dog", "Cleanup (Wo)Man", "Collector", " etc. And as we all do in our lives, seemingly to follow rigid paths of habit, De Angelis' lesson plan is to break that mold through rigid application of the rigid difference. I think for many self-help devotees this process will work, however I was distracted by such lessons, homework really, to "approach a stranger in a supermarket on Friday night, between 7:00 & 10:00 PM..." with a script of memorized dialogue, "How do you cook that item you are holding". True, it forces one to approach the situation with fear, curiosity and adrenaline, but I think it must better suit to therapy for shyness, not personal exploration into why we choose the wrong mate. But, if we do habitually choose the wrong person based on unconscious reasoning, De Angelis is brilliant in requiring the student to face their personal re-training alone. For the few that attempt it (and most will not), the results are statistically astounding.
Other sections, I believe, are quite right on and direct. I think there's great value in some of her concepts. I particularly love the one about deliberately wearing mismatched clothing to provoke discussion with persons one meets in a social setting. Throwing an artificial spin to a meandering interlude can, in my opinion, create a great swirl of new interests. I was intrigued by her precept that religion, and not immorality, is the basic cause of sexual dysfunction. The elementary references to Catholic teaching were convincing, but it remains to be seen how much sway the average reader will give such concepts.
Overall, I thought the book was good, if slightly skewed to younger persons, and the dating scene. But youth, like hope, schwings eternal...or should anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best relationship reference book, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Ask Barbara (Hardcover)
As soon as the book arrived, I hit the pages. Excellent reference book and a must read. Wish I had this book years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied, April 22, 2009
Marie (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
overall condition was good and shipping time was fast. satisfied and would order from again.

Ask Barbara: The 100 Most Asked Questions About Love, Sex, and Relationships
Ask Barbara: The 100 Most Asked Questions About Love, Sex, and Relationships by Barbara De Angelis (Mass Market Paperback - December 1, 1997)
$7.99 $7.19