4.0 out of 5 stars How to Ask and Get, February 3, 2006
This review is from: Ask Questions, Get Sales: Close The Deal And Create Long-Term Relationships 2nd Edition (Paperback)
In this excellent short handbook, the prolific author Stephan Schiffman, widely recognized for his sales expertise, outlines his selling approach, which relies more on asking and listening than on pressuring a prospect toward a close. Schiffman says it's time to break with traditional sales techniques. He provides a host of questions that a good salesperson should always ask, and warns you about which questions you should never ask. If you are tired of sales guides that rehash the same old song-and-dance about finding problem points and pain, and convincing the prospect to adopt your solution, we recommend this book for a refreshing change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Basics, June 19, 2008
Normally you are taught in sales school to find your clients need or your competitor weakness. Not with this book. This book will tell you how to create businessess with clients who already hve long term relationships with your competitors. The approach is do based approach as opposed to need based approach. I haven't finished reading the book yet, let me tell you this book has attracted me ever since I open the first page. Ideally you should have the techniques to break the alliance between your competitor and your client after reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly reccomend!!, October 21, 2010
Bob Winward "Bob Winward" (Bayville, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
I read the first edition of this book a few years back, and was able to elevate my performance and close larger sales in the wireless industry. Once the days of the rapid growth were over, I needed to change my approach to win sales from the competition. By using his "questioning approach" I came off as more caring and concerned to the customer and quickly won their trust, then won the sale. The book teaches you to focus on the customer info to drive the solution. Afterall, how can we deliver a solution if we do not understand their business.

Bob W

5.0 out of 5 stars clear and easy to read, October 31, 2013
As a novice to sales, I am so happy to have found such clear and logical training as I have found in each of the Steve Schiffman books that I've read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 18, 2014
This book really helped me polish my selling skills, definitely worth adding to your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 8, 2014