Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2011 9:38:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2011 9:40:07 AM PST
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your potential interest in my new book. I just wanted to let you know that if you're considering buying a copy of Mining the Social Web but aren't quite sure about something, I'd be glad to answer any of your questions here in this forum or on Twitter. Just send a tweet to @SocialWebMining -- the official Twitter account for the book, and I'll reply as soon as possible.

If you haven't checked it out already, you might also want to take a look at all of the source code at http://bit.ly/biais2 -- this source code will hopefully tell you a lot about the book, and you're free to fork it and have fun with it even if you don't want to buy the book. All I ask is that you please send me "pull request" if you fix any bugs or make improvements that are worth sharing with others.

The code you'll be interested in is in the "python_code" directory, and is organized according the following naming convention: chapter__example_description. So, introduction__retweet_visualization.py - See http://bit.ly/cBu0l4 - would be an example from the introduction that shows you one possible way to visualize retweets.

At some point, I hope to update the GitHub wiki to include an index of code examples so that they're numbered the same way that they appear in print.

More to come. Follow @SocialWebMining to get these updates in your twitter stream.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about