Customer Discussions > Welcome to Woop Woop forum

Aspect Ratio

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2010 11:59:39 PM PDT
QC says:
I'm interested in buying this "Welcome to Woop Woop" DVD, however, the format says only NTSC. I know what that is but what is this Amazon on-demand DVD-R's aspect ratio? The link "For more information about this Amazon.com Exclusive" leads to IMDB which lists it as 2.35:1 (widescreen,) but I've been burned before by DVD's purchased without clearly stated ratios that turn out to be "edited for foolscreen TV" (Pan & Scan.) I know what the black bars at the top & bottom of out-of-date 4X3 screens are but I am unwilling to pay good money for only the center 3/5ths of the director's labor. If any one knows for sure that this is the widescreen version originally released, than I'll be happy to purchase it.

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 4:57:16 PM PST
Saturn94 says:
I know the question about aspect ratio was posted many months ago, but I just received this title as a gift and am happy to report that it is in Widescreen and not in Pan & Scam! The case does not specify the aspect ratio, it only says "Widescreen", but judging by the size of the black bars on my 16x9 screen it does appear to be presented in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. I'm also happy to report that I did not experience any video problems as some have earlier reported. The video quality is pretty good as viewed on my 60" screen; not the best DVD I've seen, but certainly not the worst either. I can certainly recommend this release to any fan of this movie.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Welcome to Woop Woop [VHS]
Welcome to Woop Woop [VHS] by Chelsea Brown (VHS Tape - 1999)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (60)