Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2010 3:10:53 PM PDT
disilluzion says:
What does WWE do with the aspect ratio on their DVDs these days? Are they all 16:9 with 4:3 content shown with either black bars or images on the sides, like they have on their television broadcasts? Or are they still sticking with 4:3 all the way?

I think the last DVD I purchased was a year ago about the rise and fall of WCW, but that was in full screen. I have the last 3 WM Blu-rays and they are widescreen, and want to make sure the same treatment is given to the DVDs.

Would kindly appreciate if anyone can answer this for me, thanks.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 6:52:54 PM PDT
They have the bars on the sides of the video. Read it on a review yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2010 7:23:26 PM PDT
disilluzion says:
Yeah, taking a break from watching it as I write this. It's good that they finally started releasing documentaries in a widescreen format, but from what I've seen so far they haven't handled the 4:3 content very well. It's either cropped to fit a 1.78:1 ratio or they have blue bars on the sides. Just stick with the black bars for 4:3 content; it's less distracting.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2011 6:39:18 AM PST
Ph0lly says:
I agree, why do the people who release this stuff think it has to fill up the whole screen. It just makes it look stupid and wastes video bitrate that could be used to make the picture look better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about