Get fantastic mobile connectivity with the Acer Aspire One D255E in diamond black (model AOD225E-13444), which features a 10.1-inch LED-backlit display, comfortable typing keyboard, and an ultra-thin design that travels light. You'll also enjoy excellent mobile computing power thanks to the Intel Atom N455 processor as well as up to 8 hours of battery life on a single charge from the included 6-cell battery.
The Acer Aspire One D255E comes in a variety of colors.
The attention-grabbing Aspire One D255E is only 1-inch thin and weighs just 2-3/4 pounds. The 93-percent standard size keyboard with bigger keys enables easy typing wherever you are. And the 10.1-inch Acer CrystalBrite LED display (1024 x 600 pixels) provides an optimal Web browsing experience for great Internet productivity while on-the-go.
A 1.3-megapixel HD webcam with integrated digital microphone deliver smooth video and superior voice quality so you can maintain in contact wherever you are by means of real-time chat. Pinch, flick and swirl your fingers on the multi-gesture touchpad for an intuitive navigation to view web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more. Charge up using the Acer MiniGo AC adapter, which is 34 percent lighter than typical adapters.
This AOD255E pairs an energy-efficient Intel Atom processor with a 6-cell battery for up to 8 hours of power.
This Aspire One comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system. You'll also experience new ways to deliver your best work with Office Starter 2010. Complete your PC. Buy full-featured Microsoft Office 2010.
Note that this netbook does not include an optical drive, but you can use optional external DVD/CD drives that connect via USB.
- Up to 8 hours of battery life with included 6-cell battery (4400 mAh)
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N455 processor (512 KB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) combines performance and energy efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile.
- 250 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz; 1 GB maximum capacity with Windows 7 Starter)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 video processor with Microsoft DirectX 9.0 support
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capability provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers).
- Multi-gesture Touchpad for circular-motion scrolling, pinch-action zoom, and page flip. (Learn more)
- 1.3-megapixel webcam integrated into the display bezel for easy video chats and conferencing (1280 x 1024 resolution).
- 84-key FineTip keyboard, 93 percent of standard-size with bigger keys for easy typing.
- Mono speaker
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system (Learn more)
- Preloaded with the Microsoft Office Starter 2010 free software offering with selected functionality of Word and Excel for your text and spreadsheet tasks. Plus, if you decide you want the full suite, just purchase a product key to activate an ad-free version that also includes the latest Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher programs. Complete your PC. Buy full-featured Microsoft Office 2010.
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.3 x 0.9 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.76 pounds
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor limited warranty with concurrent International Traveler's Warranty
- Energy Star certified
Ports and Connectivity
- 3 USB 2.0 ports
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- VGA video output
- 2-in-1 Media Card Reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD) and MultiMediaCard (MMC)
What's in the Box
This package contains the Acer Aspire One AOD225E-13444 netbook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 40-watt MiniGo AC adapter, and operating instructions
The Acer Multi-Gesture Touchpad
A Multi-Gesture Touchpad allows you to pinch, flick and swirl your fingers across the touchpad for more natural photo and video viewing as well as intuitive navigation of websites. The Multi-Gesture Touchpad enables you to scroll, zoom in and out and flip through Web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
The TouchPad can also be disabled with a one-touch button, eliminating accidental cursor movement with palms and wrists when using an external mouse.
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
Your PC, Simplified.
Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. And Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows.
Windows 7: Your PC Simplified
Simplifies everyday tasks, works the way you want, and makes new things possible.
- Improved desktop navigation features like Snap, Peek, and Shake, make it easier to manage all of your open windows.
- Creating a home network has never been easier. You can even share files and printers with all the PCs with Windows 7 on the network.
- Find virtually anything on your PC--from documents to songs to email--just by typing a word or two with Windows Search.
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Watch, pause, rewind and record TV with Windows Media Center to watch whenever and where ever you want*.
Create, Connect and Share with Windows Live
Windows 7 and Windows Live bring it all together for free. Get the free set of programs that make it simple to create and share amazing photos and movies, organize mail, and stay connected with your closest friends.
- Get 25 GB of free online storage with Windows Live SkyDrive.
- Sync files on your PCs automatically with Windows Live Mesh.
- Share photos during video chats with Windows Live**
- Easily edit photos and combine the best parts of multiple photos into one perfect photo with Photo Fuse.
Windows Live is available for free at download.live.com.
Complete your PC Experience with Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010 includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel with advertising. (Note that PowerPoint or Outlook are not included.)
- Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new PC.
* Additional hardware may be required. Not available in all countries. (See windows.microsoft.com/products/windows-7/system-requirements/ for more information.)
** Requires a compatible microphone, speakers or headset, webcam, and broadband connection.