Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Platform: PC Download|Edition: Standard - Uplay|Change
Price:$29.99

on December 27, 2014
This game is fantastic! The graphics are fantastic (make sure your hardware can handle it!). I love the Caribbean, my parents would take my sis and I every summer down to the keys, and we would take our boat out in the ocean to fish and dive. The water is so clear, and blue, and honestly beautiful. The smell of the salt, the warm breeze, and the hot sun. Everyone glows after days on the water. This game, reminds me exactly of that. Everytime I play it, it's as if I'm on a vacation. Except as a pirate, killing and looting, lol.

Excellent voice acting, fantastic storyline, beautiful environment, and I can't remember any glitches.

Buy now.
on June 10, 2014
I'll put it this way. I gave Assassins Creed 1 a try, did not like it. Got 3 for free, played for about 1/2 an hour. Just did not find them interesting at all. This one, Assassins Creed IV totally blew me away! The Pirate side makes the game most excellent! I actually spent two weeks and beat the game and still had 30% of undiscovered items. Such fun. You can do Templar Quests, Assassin Quests, go harpooning, level up your ship with the loot you get. Just the coolest thing. Ship battles totally rock also! I've seen the new one Assassins Creed Unity and I'm worried. Where are the Pirate Ships!!!
on June 16, 2014
An absolute blast! Vivid surroundings, it like I'm in a tropical paradise when I'm exploring and the battles are very cool. I'm 52 years old and this is like taking a vacation and never leaving the house.
on June 10, 2014
The graphics are great and the shipping was instant. The game is too linear. I wanted to be a free roaming pirate, not a mission runner that has to do things in order and only as the devs saw fit. No yar here.
on February 20, 2014
I've played several of the Assassin's Creed games, but I haven't finished one since Assassin's Creed 2...until now. Assassin's Creed Black Flag eclipses its predecessors in every way. The story is full of adventure and heart, and the protagonist, Edward Kenway, is a killer with a heart of gold. Honestly I think the ending to this game is one of the more poignant endings I've seen in a videogame in years.

The gameplay is traditional Assassin's Creed fun with all of the traversal mechanics from the previous games returning, including the forest traversal and rock climbing found in Assassin's Creed III. The game also includes the sailing and naval battles from Assassin's Creed III and greatly expands upon it making piracy a now crucial part of the game. As far as weapons and gadgets, Edward has a great assortment of tools including darts, pistols, smoke bombs, and even money. I also felt like the designers did a better job than past games designing the levels so that stealth is a viable option.

On the downside, I felt like the game became repetitive at a certain point, and about 2/3 of the way through I found myself playing mainly to collect all these stupid trinkets that really have no real bearing on the game. You see, each location has hundreds of collectibles--treasure chests, song sheets, animus fragments, etc. The game never tells you what some of these are good for, and in most cases collecting them doesn't accomplish anything meaningful. But, maybe brilliantly, the designers show you all of the locations outright and give you a checklist. For me, this tipped the scales from saying "Not worth it" to becoming addicted to getting the list checked off. However, even if it is a compulsion it's not exactly fun and it really pads out the game.

I'd also complain that the naval combat becomes a little too easy by the end of the game, as even fleets of Frigates and Man of Wars could do little to stop my fully upgraded Jackdaw. I appreciate feeling like a badass but I think having a wider variety of upper level naval enemies would have helped.

Lastly, the game's combat is still too easy and boils down to attack, counter, attack, break defense, etc. based on the enemy type. Battles look spectacular, however, and the graphics of Assassin's Creed have never been better. I played on a decent rig with an i5 3570k, GTX 660, and 8 gigabytes of ram. The game was smooth but there were definitely some options I was not able to turn on. I don't really mind that though, since it still looked excellent and it gives me something to look forward to next time I upgrade.

Overall, I would certainly give Assassin's Creed IV a buy if you have liked past games and would enjoy a grand adventure. Just keep in mind that it is still an Assassin's Creed game, and it has not so shaken off the series' trappings to completely abandon the series's mechanics, both good and bad.
on March 4, 2014
I got this game free when I purchased a new graphics card. This game has polar opposite characteristics from extremely good to bad.

The Good:
[] The graphics are hands-down the BEST out there right now. I can't believe how good the graphics are. Just amazing.

[] Expansive beautiful landscapes with lots of exploration.

[] Awesome ship battles, but this eventually looses flair.

The Bad:
[] The story was a bit weak and canned.

[] The following/tail missions will make you literally throw your mouse across the room.

[] The horrendously bad controls and navigation will literally make you want to crush your keyboard and mouse. I can't believe how poorly programmed this was. Running should not automatically make the character jump.

The Ugly:
[] pointless collection of items with little reward.

[] lots of bugs from flashing textures to falling into ships/buildings and getting stuck.

[] fighting gets overly repetitive and mindless. Should have put more thought into this.

[] the story was pretty weak and unnecessarily complicated..

If this game and Tomb Raider had a baby, we would have the perfect game. Tomb Raider had AMAZING controls and story.
on February 22, 2014
This Game is actually pretty good, Great Graphics and all. We have it for the PC But also buying it for the PS3.
The Game is pretty big in scope and It truly is open ended, you can have ship to ship combat, huge thunderstorms and huge scary Rogue waves...I once was in a Ship to ship fight during a huge storm and a Rogue wave was coming at us...you can hear the rumbling and it shows on the minimap, you need to head straight into the Rogue wave otherwise you can lose crew members and even damage your ship.

Also, there are Huge Water spouts, need to avoid them!. But It's not all Sea base, plenty of land areas to and the combat is pretty sweet!. Sometimes when running your guy sometimes doesn't do exactly what you want...he'll try to climb a wall but you didn't want that, sometimes the fighting is a bit repetitive but not to often. Lots of side activities and even a few mini games. Hunting, Crafting and even whale hunting is in the game. Some dice game is in the game to. You can upgrade your ship, your weapons and buy different outfits. You can even have your own fleet...but It's like a Mini game in itself. I Love open ended games, Huge replay Value. I'm Several Hours in to the game and I Like it!.
review image
on December 31, 2013
This is a good AC game. It's allot better than AC3. So don't let the pirate ship stuff fool you into thinking its bad.
It's probably better in my opinion. Just because the main character Edward is more likable than the other characters in AC3.
on December 31, 2013
so extensive land and sea~
high quality graphic and physics
a lot of contents.
great pirate ship battle
nice game story
u'll feel like ONE PIECE it this game xD
on January 6, 2014
Loved game play graphics and above all naval warfare.

Also playing second time. I recommend this game for anyone who's excited about open word.