5.0 out of 5 stars Best game in series!
Published 10 months ago by Chitradev Baldath

Published 3 months ago by Zarian Zoolander

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game in series!, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
This is probably the best Assassin's creed game that I have ever played. Having been a fan of the series and playing AC 1, 2 and 3, my interest definitely dropped after AC3 but the coverage and previews for AC4 pulled me back in with it's premise of West Indian piracy. Being West Indian myself definitely made me curious to see the franchise's take on this period of history. So far i have played about 10 hours in game and it is very addictive, with the ship combat and huge ocean maps being the the big draw here. The atmosphere is spot on and really immerses you in this world. The present day stuff is clearly the weakest point of the whole game, with Desmond being just a side note, and that is a shame as I did like that story-line; however the in-animus action makes up for this. (IMO, this could have been a great standalone pirate game!) Overall my impression is that this is best AC game yet and I can't wait to see where they go from here.

In terms of Graphics this is the best looking AC game as well. I have two pc's that I game on; one with a EVGA GTX 770 4GB, Intel i5 3570K, 8GB RAM and one with an XFX HD7870 2GB, AMD FX 6300 and 8GB RAM. The game looks absolutely awesome on both, but the edge goes to my GTX 770. With the optimizations put in for the Nvidia cards (game was optimized for Nvidia on PC) the game does look stunning with all its lighting effects and enhanced soft shadowing. (No issue like Boston slowdown in AC3)

I bought the steam version, so there are two DRMs running when playing the game (Uplay and Steam) but it runs seamlessly enough that it is not a huge issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is easily the best game in the series, December 3, 2013
I purchased AC4 Black Flag through Steam, not Amazon, but reviewing here as I was checking the link to send the sale price to a friend.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by AC4 -- it takes the best parts of Brotherhood and AC3 to make a better game. First and foremost, Ubisoft Montreal has really ironed out the AnvilNext engine. For me, personally, AC3 was a buggy nightmare, but AC4 has ran without a hitch. No randomly disappearing NPCs, less environment glitching, less stealth detection bugs (though stealth detection is still not the best). All around it's a much more solid experience.

The general game design has improved to match. AC4 wastes no time getting you into the action, you do not have that feeling of an extended tutorial that some of the earlier games fell victim to. Likewise, some of the quest structure was made a good deal less frustrating -- AC4 has a much lower threshold of missions that auto-fail based on first detection. Naval fleet activities supplant assassin order contract work but fill the same basic role, naval battles return in full glory, and there are plenty of collectibles if you're in to that.

This is also an absolutely gorgeous game. Battlefield 4 has been quickly replaced when it comes to current graphical powerhouses on PC. I have an core i5 3570k + GTX670 and cannot come close to maxing the game out, but even what I have looks amazing. The soundtrack was not done by series veteran Lorne Balfe, but newcomers Brian Tyler and Oliver Deriviere do an outstanding job.

It's not a perfect game, and there will be occasional annoyances: at least 2-3 times I have spent more than a few minutes trekking cross-map for a specific optional item / event, only to find myself barred by the animus blue wall of death "You cannot access this area during this memory." But really, these moments are few and far between. In the last 4-5 years, I've found myself more and more fond of short 10-hour games and doing minimal-requirement run-throughs due to a constantly decreasing amount of time for gaming. Last night, I played AC4 all night without doing a single main-story mission. For me, that's as high of praise as I can give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, December 1, 2013
Wow. That about sums it up. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about how awesome this game is. I was looking for a new game to get immersed in so I gave it a try. I hadn't played Assassin's Creed since ACII but I remember having a good time with that. This version is even better x100. Not only do you have all the things that ACII offered, like rooftop chases, pickpocketing, assassination missions, tower synchronizing, but it adds so much more that provides all the diversity you could ask for and more. I've played about 10 hours so far and I can barely walk away to use the bathroom or eat because there's always something around the next corner, or island. The graphics are beautiful too so I keep finding myself taking screenshots. All in all, this is an amazing game and I highly recommend it. Btw, I bought just the basic version and not once have I felt short-sheeted... but who knows, I may go back and get some of the upgrades too. With a game like this, I want to support the developers with hope that they'll make more and more content for me to get lost in.

5.0 out of 5 stars A massive improvement over the predecessor, December 3, 2013
(Author's Note: Reposted from the PC retail review since I assumed it would show up in the other versions as well but that wasn't the case.)

A great improvement over the previous game and with a heavy emphasis on the sea-faring which was the only set of missions that I enjoyed immensely in AC 3. Also a shift in terms of protagonist, wherein despite what the advertising tells us that he is a "pirate assassin" where in fact he is actually more of the former and actually has no association with the latter when you start out in the game.

I'll try not to dive into so many story details as to not spoil it but essentially everything that I've played in the game I've enjoyed a lot without any reservations or doubts as to whether I am just playing through it to complete it (like in AC 3) or if I'm having a lot of fun with it. The locations all look lush and beautiful, the combat is still pretty much similar to previous games with an emphasis on countering, chain killing, and breaking defenses, while the sea faring aspect (like in AC 3) is incredibly engaging. Not only do you have to upgrade your ship but later on there is also a meta-game of managing a fleet using boats that you have captured in order to transport goods or engage in battles and will also give money as a reward depending on the difficulty of assignments.

Plus, another change that I also feel like has been influenced by another tropical-based, Ubisoft game (FarCry 3) is that armor, ammo capacity upgrades and certain outfits can only be obtained through crafting with animal skins and the needed blueprint is accessed from the get-go. Unlike in AC 3, upgrades are no longer locked by having the right levels for your artisans (not included in this game along with the Homestead for obvious reasons relating to setting) or requiring to obtain blue prints. Special upgrades to your ship however are the only ones that need to be obtained via plans that are hidden in treasure chests. These types of upgrades do offer a substantial boost for your ship but are not essential for progression.

This game also has very interesting implications on what the sequels are probably going to offer and in a way feels like a start of another arc. I found my time with AC 3 to be enjoyable but also had its share of disappointments and frustrations. However, AC 4 I found to be consistently entertaining from start to finish. If you've enjoyed any of the previous games and have some reservations with this game because of AC 3, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how much fun you'll probably have with this game.

1.0 out of 5 stars AC4BFSP.exe prevents game from working, DO NOY BUY Ubisoft Uplay games....., May 25, 2014
Wow, paid $50 for this game, updated it and never worked again. Spend hours trying fixes and ended up with no Uplay Ubisoft games working at all. Hundreds if not thousands having same problem AC4BFSP.exe error at startup. Nobody to call like with EA games Orgin very helpful. Steam usually works great, but PASS on this theft of peoples money. We will NEVER buy any game from Ubisoft using Uplay. We do not copy or steal games like the bottom feeders who cannot afford to pay and steal instead. Removed all games and will never use or play any Ubisoft Uplay games EVER. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Open-World Adventure, February 8, 2014
K. M. Viita (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
After the highs of the Ezio trilogy followed by the boredom of AC3, I was unsure of this game. Assassin's Creed has been an annual franchise since AC2 - five straight years of releasing massive open-world games. Add to that the increase in size and scope of sailing to explore and get around the world, and it looked to me to be a recipe for disaster.

I'm glad I was wrong. This is the best game in the series, and while it has some minor issues (controls on foot feel as bad as AC3), the increase in scope and activities make up for it's shortcomings. Bravo, Ubisoft - keep up the solid work.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, May 20, 2014
An excelente game, it is big and has lot of stuff to do.
The history, the replay value, and the play time

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, May 19, 2014
Great game compared to the other assassins creed games. It was a lot of extra game play that will provide many hours of fun and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet game, May 17, 2014
got this for my brother and he loves it, he thinks that it is the best assassins creed game to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars An open world masterpiece, May 16, 2014
Jason (RENTON, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
I loved every moment of this game. Throughout playing, I was continually amazed and awed by the graphics, story and gameplay. I constantly wanted to know what was going to happen next. You begin to really like all the characters, as the impressive animation, graphics and above even that, the voice acting really pull you in. To me, this wasn't just a game, it was cinema.

Little touches the game has really add to the charm. From your crew on your ship singing shanties (and they sound really good, professionally recorded no doubt, by folks who can really sing), to the minor animations and graphics touches, to the atmosphere, water physics, etc, I have no reservation calling this game a masterpiece.

Previously I had thought Far Cry 3 was the best game I'd ever played. This game, no doubt, BY FAR eclipses it.

I'm now a huge fan of this series and will check out the expansion as well as (maybe) will check out the earlier iterations in the series.

If you like open world games, you will absolutely not be disappointed by this game. I've already put in over 100 hours, and while I finished the story, there is more to do (I'm going for the %100).

Rate and Discover Movies