4.0 out of 5 stars A Fan-Pleaser
As a girl who is extremely specific in the games I play, I was amazed at how drawn I was to the Assassin's Creed franchise and the whole concept. Having played all the games except for the one on PSP, I was interested to see how the whole story and concept could develop further.

MULTIPLAYER:
Ubisoft has really outdone themselves. The game is just as epic...
Published on December 18, 2010 by Stefanie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought but not as bad as it may sound
All of its contents where in excellent conditions and although it was specified by the provider that the box had some damages I didn't expected it the way it came. Nevertheless I played the game and it became my favorite off all times :)
Published 6 days ago by Marre Valdez

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fan-Pleaser, December 18, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition - Playstation 3 (Video Game)

MULTIPLAYER:
Ubisoft has really outdone themselves. The game is just as epic as the trailer made it look. The multiplayer is addictive and not only good to play, but intense to watch as well. The best thing is, it's the first multiplayer of its kind and it has delivered. It would be great if there was split screen too, but I'll wait for the next game to see what Ubisoft adds to the experience. I'm not too pleased about how multiplayer levelling caps at 50, and I was hoping to see more perks and characters unlocked as I went along. Maybe Ubisoft will add more downloadable content in the future.

SINGLE PLAYER:
As for the story, it was shorter than I had hoped. It is a full game, but it seems to be just an ending to Ezio's story. What it lacks in story length however, it makes up with loads of side missions, oppressed memories unlocked by better synchronization, and best of all, the puzzles left behind by Subject 16. They're also quite interesting and even creepy. The new capabilities such as better horseplay, the assassin's guild and new weapons were extremely handy, especially if you're not in the mood for a big fight. Fighting is also faster now though, with an easier ability to create kill chains with a cool variety moves such as the stab and then gunshot. The story itself is a bit jumpy towards the end, as if the developers may have rushed it. The gameplay near the end is great too though, and the cliffhanger is driving me crazy. There is also more Desmond gameplay, which gives us a fuller story and more information about what's happening now (and what may really happen to us in 2012. :O).

COLLECTOR'S EDITION:
The Collector's Edition itself was quite pleasing. It's not available in Australia, so it was exciting for me to get mine shipped over (quite quickly too). The packaging is well done, with an attractive box and well-planned protection to protect the jack-in-the-box and bonus disk. The extras aren't too exciting unless you are a real fan. For example, the art book is really great for art-lovers like me, but I'm not too sure about it pleasing many guys. The bonus disk doesn't have too much to offer either, with most of the content findable on Youtube. It's nice to have the soundtrack by Jesper Kyd though. The jack-in-the-box is nice and intricate, but not really a plaything. If you are a collector of Assassin's Creed stuff, this is definitely something you should have. The map was useless to me, but on the back is a poster with signatures from the key developers. That was extremely cool. I don't see why they didn't advertise that.
Last but not least, the extras such as the single player maps and the Drachen armour from pre-ordering. The single player maps were fairly short, but they're good if you're very much a single player person rather than multiplayer. They're not relevant for the main story though. The Drachen armour looks extremely cool, so again if you're a single player person, you might want to try get the code for this because it's a nice addition. Important if you aim to complete the game completely, including all the unlockable armours.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the game. I can sit and entertain myself with it for hours, even when nobody else understands why I'm running around getting feathers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting sequel to Assassin's Creed II, November 21, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood starts right where AC II left off. From the very start you are thrust into battle in this non stop action game. This is one of the very few series that actually has dramatically improved after each sequel. This game is well worth the investment for people who played the last game. It's not necessarily worth it for people who haven't played any AC games.

Ezio Auditore is the main character of this well thought out game. In Assassin's Creed II he started off as a fun loving teenager who seemed to have everything going for him until tragedy struck his family. Ezio end up turning the tragedy into revenge and found out he was an elite assassin. Their to take out this mysterious group that has control over religion and the government. Like the first game the quest is to actually finding this object called the Apple of Eden. The Apple is basically what holds all mysteries of life. Needless to say the Assassin's aren't the only ones looking for this Apple. The Templars are also trying to find this. AC II takes you through most of Ezio's young adulthood. Watching the transformation from teenager to a man with a mission makes the story compelling.

In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood we now have Ezio continuing his mission. The Apple that was shortly on his property has once again been taken by the Templars. The story takes place in the turn of the 16th century Italy. To be more precise Roma or Rome as it's known to us. Although the back story which was generally pretty limited with Desmond Miles is actually advancing quite a bit. What new players to the series may not understand is that this game does not just take place in the past, it also takes place two years in the future. Ezio Auditore is the ancestor of Desmond Miles. Desmond is now realizing that he is also part of a long line of Assassin's that are also in a present day fight against the Templars. The Templars have all the money to invest in this fight to secure the Apple the Assassin's are limited.

What makes this game remarkable is everything they added to it. Sometimes it can get a little overwhelming. Whereas the previous games had cities that were decent size as a player you had the option to complete certain parts of the game before you worked on the rest. Now with Brotherhood you have the huge city of Rome. Which is overwhelming but also beautiful. If you are like me you may spend much of your time just exploring. There are so many side missions it can literally add many hours unto your game play. Although I would say for a big fan of the series they are almost a necessity. Brotherhood takes everything from the previous games and one up's it. It is easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of content. Even building up the city can become quite a task.

Multiplayer is the completely new element to this game and it is well worth it. Unlike games like the Call of Duty series that is based on using guns to kill your enemy this game relies on close combat weapons. The whole objective of multiplayer is to be stealth like and not get detected. You are assigned as assassination target which can be one of several playable characters. Which makes it more complicated it that there can be several characters that look the same which makes detection sometimes impossible. If you can find your target without the target noticing you, you are awarded many points. If you still manage to assassinate your target while being seen you will be awarded with a limited amount of points. In my plays I found this addition to the game well worth it. Although I did notice several players that generally play the online portion like they would the single player it only makes it more exciting.

AC Brotherhood is an exciting sequel to AC II. This game may have new players wondering what is going on and that is why I wouldn't generally advise this game to people just getting in the series. AC II should be a pre-requisite. Brotherhood has it's spots at times where you may be wondering what to do next. The large city can be overwhelming and make travel tiring if you haven't invested in the underground tunnels. This game is a must have for fans of the series.

**The question becomes is the collector's edition worth the extra forty bucks? I would say no. Even as a fan I find the content to be lacking. The best thing is the jack in the box which doesn't necessarily work like it should. You also get a small collectors book with artwork and a disc filled with bonus features like a comic that doesn't make much sense and some behind the scenes. I would venture out to say that they are making a huge profit off the collectors edition which it probably should only be valued at $80. I am a big enough fan I bought it but I would say it's not a good investment for collectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars collectors edition, December 8, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
the "jack in the box" is pretty cheap.. not really a jack in the box it makes no sound and you turn the cheap plastic key a quarter turn they could have made this a really cool nice piece.. but they didnt

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Collector's Edition Ever!, December 7, 2010
Allen Smithy (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I couldn't wait to get my hands on the collector's edition of Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood because I love getting video game collectibles like this jack-in-the-box! I got the Harlequin in the box and it is awesome! I know some people have complained about the quality, but I personally think the quality is great! The box is study and looks really nice, and the detail painting on my Harlequin is done very well. I've also heard complaints that it's not a wooden box and that it should have been a crank jack-in-the-box. While I think those two things would definitely make it nicer, I think you are getting your money's worth for the $40 additional bucks.

I also think it's important to buy this product because I want to send Ubisoft the message that there is a market for this stuff. This is by far one of the coolest collector's editions so far, and I want companies to continue to come out with this stuff, and get creative with the collectibles. I like getting toys, figurines, and physical artwork-type colelctibles much more than some plastic or wooden box with the game's name on it, or an artbook.

With the collector's edition, you also get a small artbook which is cool but worthless, along with some other extras that are just ok.

The game is awesome, so I won't review that part, since there are already a million reviews out there about how great the game is.

Overall, I think this is a great buy just because the game is amazing, and you get a really cool toy that you can scare your coworkers with!

4.0 out of 5 stars Codes?, November 18, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been playing this game for the past few days and I absolutely love it. I expected nothing less from a continuation of the Assassin's Creed series. It takes place right after ACII ended and It takes some very interesting turns in both Ezio and Desmond's story line.

However I do have one complaint. I pre-ordered this product off of Amazon so that I would receive the exclusive armor that came with the game. However I have received no codes to get the armor. This was a major bummer because the exclusive armor was the deciding factor in getting this game off of Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed Brotherhodd Collector's Edition, December 17, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I think I will focus on the Collector's Edition content in this review rather than the game since AC Brotherhood continues a great story in a great fashion and is a perfect game. Overall, for the price, I was partially disappointed with the Coll. Ed. in terms of build quality, presentation and content. Ever since I purchased the Halo:Reach collector's edition, everything else has seemed not as great. The game and contents come in a standard cardboard box with AC graphics on the outside. The extra material and the game come in a plain small cardboard box and the Jack-in-the-Box comes surrounded in plastic packaging. The Jack-in-the-Box was a main reason I purchased this Edition and I was unsatisfied. Videos on YouTube over the Collector's Edition went over how delicate and detailed it was, but it amounts to a partially cheaply made product. The key which triggers the box is plastic. The graphics are glued on, in some cases poorly. The Doctor figure does not look to be painted well. It was a disappointment. I thought for the price I was paying I would get more than a plain cardboard box and exposed seams. The game is great though, just buy the regular edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, November 23, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is simply amazing. The story is a great follow up from AC2. There is an almost unlimited amount of things you can do in Rome from missions, to building up Rome, and just exploring around. The more developed attack system is awesome as well as the ability to recruit and train other assassins. This game was well worth it and i recommend this to anybody who is an AC fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not half bad, June 29, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Very good game. Continues right where AC II left off, but doesn't really advance the overall plot, which in my opinion is enough to knock off one star. The combat system isn't greatly changed from previous games, but this game really shines in multiplayer. As far as the Collector's Edition was concerned, I didn't find the additional gifts worth the extra price, so I slightly regret that, but I can see fans of the series who are a bit more avid enjoying them. Overall, a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Assassin's Creed, June 29, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been playing Assassin's Creed since the first game and continues surprising me,i need just a one word to describe this game,AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins Creed Brotherhood, ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!, March 2, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Hi there. Thanks for looking at this quick review. Well, if you played the previous games from this series, then you pretty much know what needs to be done. I won't spoil or ruin the game, but try playing Assassins Creed 1 and 2 before playing this, it all makes sense aftertwards. Just know that you will not be disappointed, AWESOME GAME!!!!!

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition - Playstation 3