Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: Mac Download|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$9.99

on December 24, 2011
This game does not work on better than 10.6, as one would think. I paid, downloaded, installed and then it didn't work. I contacted Ubisoft and they told me 10.7 was not supported. They also suggested that I downgrade my machine. How reasonable is that. Spend $1,500.00 for a $30.00 game. I feel like I was ripped off. It's hard to believe that in this day and age they can't support something better, like Lion. Amazon, needs to say, 10.6 only.
44 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2011
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Mac Download functions just like it's supposed to. However, if you install the game per Amazon's instructions, Disk Utility will tell you that there is an 'illegal seek', 'disc image error', or some other error message upon clicking 'Install'. To prevent this, make sure to put the Amazon Downloader into the Applications Folder. Then, close the Downloader and reopen it from the Applications Folder. Double click to start Download. Download time is about 3-4 hours. Content was 8.1 GB for me.

If you like the Assassin's Creed series, but you have an Apple computer, this is the right buy.
on November 5, 2013
If the game crashes immediately after trying to launch the single player, there is a quick way around this problem. Go to Applications, find the file with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, right click on the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood icon inside the folder, and scroll down to Show Package Contents. Click on the Contents folder and then click on the MacOS folder. Inside there are two boxes called acbmf_sf and scimitar_sf. To my understanding, the scimitar_sf launches the single player game and does not work for me, and the acbmf_sf launches the multiplayer game. Click on the acbmf_sf icon to launch the multiplayer. This multiplayer section actually launches and will ask for a user name and password. Click cancel and the game will ask if you want to exit to the single player game. Click yes and the game will launch and is now playable. I hope this helps anyone that is not able to launch the game.
on August 7, 2012
I installed this back in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. It worked great. I've now got 10.8 Mountain Lion, and it still works just the same. If you can't get this to run on your Mac, don't blame Ubisoft or Amazon. Works just fine for me on my mid '10 iMac - 8GB 3.6ghz Core i5, ATI Radeon HD 5670 512MB. So, if you want to come on here, write a review, and tell people that Amazon told you that it doesn't work in Lion, either you're a liar, or that employee should get a talkin to. The only sad part is, Ubisoft hasn't released Revelations for the Mac, yet. And, according to the wiki page, they have no plans to release AC: 3 for the Mac, either. Why not?

Come on, Ubisoft. I've got AC: 2 via the Mac app store, and AC: Brotherhood via Amazon direct download. Just waiting patiently for you to release another AC for the Mac. Keeping my fingers crossed.
on February 16, 2013
Let me star off by saying I have the base model of the 13 inch MBP 2012 running ML 10.8.2. i upgraded my hard drive to a 256 GB samsung 830 ssd and I upgraded the ram from 4 to 8 GBs. In order to complete the downloads you need to put each application that requires downloading into your applications folder, close out the apps and then open them back up in your app folder and start the download. Once I did all of this I tried to start the game but a message would pop up saying the game would not start due to tech errors. This was very frustrating and I tried to open the game up from different locations and still the error would appear. Then I just kept trying to open the game until suddenly a patch from ubisoft start loading on my desktop. Finally once all the patches were complete the uplay window popped up and I created an account at which point I could start the game from the ubisoft uplay application. The game is awesome. The graphics are better, the combat is more fluent, and scaling rooftops seems to be a bit faster and easier. The storyline is sick and so is Rome. I'm very pleased with the purchase and if u are running into a similar problem as I was then keep trying to open the game until a patch starts downloading on your screen too. I believe this occurred because every time the app failed it sent a message to ubisoft and they patched me in. Other people have had similar experiences to mine so it wasn't luck. If u liked AC2 then u will like ACB
on February 9, 2014
Basically un-playable and people had the same issue two years ago when it was released. Still trying to find a legit solution that doesn't require writing code. Apparently Ubisoft has done nothing to help fix this. In it's current state I would highly recommend not buying this game as it doesn't work.
on January 4, 2014
When they say Snow Leopard, that is not a minimum requirement. And there are no refunds.

Unless (1) you haven't updated the software on your Mac in years or (2) you want to deal with the setup and lag of a virtual machine, don't buy this.

Contacting customer service was a pain in the ass, and the people were unsympathetic.
on December 6, 2013
The game itself is fine, but I spent the better part of a weekend getting it to install. The process is overly complicated and if you download it to the wrong folder (or the desktop) you have to restart the whole download (which takes 3+ hours). Make your life easier and buy it through Steam.
on January 3, 2014
Does not run. I asked apple and amazon people if this product would work on my specific macbook pro (which runs Mavericks) and they said "it might." So I went out on a limb and bought the game and sure enough it doesn't work.
on March 18, 2015
I have the latest MacBook Pro with Yosemite installed and this game does not work. I must have spent three hours going through all these walkthroughs online from people that finally got I to work and there was only one way of getting it to work and it was hit and miss as to if it worked or not. I am super disappointed because I wanted to follow the franchise's progress and don't want to skip this game. I am surprised why Ubisoft has ignored this problem and even more surprised that Amazon still sells this game online.