5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game Now...
First, I love the Assassins Creed series. When AC2 came out though, I could not play it because of the DRM (I only have dial-up). However, years later Ubisoft/UPlay no longer requires a constant internet connection, just the initial sign in the first time (yay!).

Published 16 months ago by Leah Robertson

2.0 out of 5 stars no steam keys
You have to use Amazon's super slow downloader. Should come with Steam keys for convenience and to keep the games organized. Otherwise there should be a disclaimer that it's not redeemable on Steam before you buy it.
Published 13 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game Now..., March 25, 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition [Download] (Software Download)

On to the game, I loved it. It is much longer (or seemed so to me) than the first, still had an engaging story and threw in some new twists to the series as a whole. Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil anything. My main complaint was that some of the small tutorials or hints would come after I needed them and had to look up how to progress. Also, the controls seemed looser/less predictable so my Assassin would jump off a building or ledge that I did not intend. As a whole the game seemed more difficult which I appreciated (though frustratingly the controls often added to this). The graphics were decent, though by now are a little dated.

I would definitely recommend this game. Especially now that you can pick it up for very little $$.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly adequate port of a great game, July 4, 2012
I've played this game on both the XBOX 360 and the PC, and here's what I can tell you. It's a great game on both systems. On PC, it looks better and runs more smoothly, but not by a large margin. PC gamers usually expect more optimization for their platform, and that's understandable. This game looks pretty on PC, but is not a game to showcase your video card, by any means. That aside, it runs at a rock sold frame rate, and I've yet to encounter any glitches whatsoever. I know a lot of other reviewers have had issues, but maybe Ubisoft has patched the game since? The DRM would be annoying, if I were to lose my internet connectivity, but since that happens rarely, if ever, I'm only knocking the game down to 4 stars. After all, I'm here to review the game, not the business practices of Ubisoft. The download from Amazon went smoothly, as did the install. I've really had zero problems with this game, and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game., January 20, 2011
If you like games that require thought then this is a good one. You can leap and climb all over the games richly detailed environment, which reminds me of Tomb Raider. There are many secrets to be found and upgrades for your assassin...from weapons to dying your clothing. You can even pour money into the villa you stay at for renovations. Many of the challenges have to deal with navigating the games environment and coming up with ways to eliminate a target. The VO seems to be pretty well done so far and the story is also pretty good. Combat is not overly difficult and relies mostly on timing counter attacks. You might have some difficulty figuring out the controls at first, but have patience and take your time learning it.

2.0 out of 5 stars no steam keys, July 1, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this, July 15, 2013
The ubisoft Uplay service is horrendous. I can no longer access my game because it says the key amazon gave me is in use with another account.

Would not recommend for purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars love the game, hate Uplay, December 13, 2012
It all started with a team of top-notch developers who have built a great game.

Then a manager at UbiSoft said "but we need something like Steam on top, and it must look cool, and it must be social, and it must be in the could, and it must be viral, and it must have a dancing baby, ...".

So instead of just starting your game, you have to start Uplay which is totally useless except that in lets you start your game (two screens later) and it re-appears to tell you when you have left the game.
Luckily, they did not have time to finish the dancing baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, but..., October 19, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
While I can understand why Ubisoft thinks they have to do the "always on" authentication, the people who are going to pirate it will find a way. They always do. This is a great game and I have it on the Xbox360. I would've bought two copies (XBox and PC), but with the DRM it would too big of a hassle to play this way. So, I won't be buying this PC version.

Secondly, I also am a MAC owner and wish UBISOFT would put their games out on the Mac. But since it'd be "always on", I suppose it's moot.

I am not a software thief and I wish UBI wouldn't treat me like one.'

About the game -- A+! UBI deserves all the praise they get on the game -- I am playing AC1 right now (played them in backward order) and both are the crown jewels of video games!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games I've ever played, June 26, 2014
One of the best games I've ever played. Gameplay is smooth, no bad glitches. Had tons of fun running around rooftops. Not very challenging, not repetitive either. I am a casual gamer and rarely complete a game, but this one kept pulling me back and I completed it in about a week.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Bland Jumping Game, April 17, 2014
A fairly bland jumping puzzle game is made worse by a bad user interface, poor mission design & construction, insipid story telling and of course UPlay. Some specific items :

- Combat feels one-dimensional. Most of the time I can just choose my sword and left click until the 'problem' goes away. Brutes are a little difficult, I usually have to block them a few times. The game teaches you some moves, but frankly they're not needed.

- Fake difficulty. Most of the dungeons, climbs and jumps etc are hard not because they're complicated or because they need precise control but simply because the controls respond in unpredictable ways especially when the camera viewpoint is forced by the game. For example I click jump right and Ezio jumps back or even left.

- Too many cut-scenes. Way too many. And no, you can't skip them.

- The mountain carriage ride with Leonardo has no place in a game like this. I almost uninstalled right there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm........, January 28, 2014
Not impressed. Story makes little sense and setting up the controls on the XBOX controller is quite difficult. Probably a better game on the consoles.

Rate and Discover Movies