Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy - Playstation 3
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Change
Price:$19.30 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 18, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Verified Purchase
..and some patience. 'Assassin's Creed 2' is one of my favorite all-time video games and buying this trilogy collection, which includes it's DLC and two sequels ('Brotherhood' and 'Revelations') was a no-brainer. Unfortunately the way the games are packaged onto the disc is a bit strange and the HD space required to run all three games may turn off some gamers.

The first thing that booted up when I popped in the 'Ezio Trilogy' disc.....was 'Assassin's Creed: Revelations' (the third game in the trilogy). There's no in-game menu, no automatic way to switch to playing the other two games. I had to quit 'Revelations' (after it's mandatory 4+GB install) and after selecting AC2 and Brotherhood from the dashboard menu the games install....I mean COMPLETELY install to your HD. By the time I had AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations ready to play I had taken up 17 GB on my hard drive. Even stranger you're still required to have the disc in your system to be able to play each game (unless you want to play Revelations you'd probably want your auto-run turned off). To be fair it DOES say what's required on the back of the box and you can always just install AC2 OR Brotherhood by themselves (each takes up about 6-7 GB's) but those hoping to have all three games play off one disc will find these features a nuisance.

I will say 'AC2' and 'AC:Brotherhood' play beautifully on the PS3 without any of the bugs I remembered from their initial launches (UBISOFT did a great job cleaning things up). Graphics are smooth as ever and being able to climb buildings around renaissance-era Italy and Ottoman-ruled Turkey is still incredibly fun. Story-wise I'll never warm to Desmond's present-day narrative but getting involved in Ezio's quest for revenge and discovery is just as compelling as I remembered.

I'm not against having the option to install games to your HD I just don't like it being a requirement. 'The Ezio Trilogy' comes with three great games and if you can deal with this package's quirks the $40 price is a steal (individually they're $20 each if you download them off the network w/o AC2's DLC). Just be aware this is NOT like PS3's platinum collections and if you don't have a bigger HD be ready to free up some space.
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 19, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Verified Purchase
When I saw this trilogy was coming out, I knew it would be a great way to catch up on the series as I just received the AC3 500GB PS3 bundle for my birthday in November. I waited until I saw the first price drop (down to $30 the other day = $10 per game!), and snagged this up.

This is a GREAT bundle for those who are either new PS3 owners (new PS3's have a lot of HDD space) or PS3 owners new to the Assassin's creed series. All of my friends who played the entire series told me I didn't need to play the first one, but to read up on the story online instead.

Yes, it takes 17GB of space to install ACII and AC:B on the PS3, and yes you need the disk to play any of the 3 games at all times. In no way are either of these things good reasons not to buy this bundle. There are so many resources showing how to add hard drive space, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The day I bought this for $30, ACII was $15, AC:B was $18, and AC:R was $25. Even at $40, this trilogy is still a good deal. If you would rather pay more to have 3 disks and use less HDD space - more power to you!

This trilogy only comes with the ACII DLC, but for newcomers to the series, I would recommend reading reviews on DLC for the other 2 games before buying any of it, as many see the added content as not being worth the additional money.

As far as the 3 games included, refer to each individual game's product page for full review there.
on November 13, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Verified Purchase
So I was looking forward to this product, than I got it. First off the games are on one disc, but you have to completely install 2 and as if you downloaded the game. To have all three games you will need 17 GB of hard drive space. What is worse you still need the disc to play, 2 and Brotherhood, even though the entire game is on your hard drive. It is ridiculous 17GB is way to much.

The set is still a good deal, you are getting the games much cheaper than if you bought them individually but it would be nicer if they came on three discs and did not require so much hard drive space, or at least let you play with out the disc.
2020 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 14, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3
Let's be honest, a lot of people are complaining about how awful this game is, for making you install in your hdd. However, while it would've been better to have it all in the same dis without installing it. You get an amazing value for your money, making each game cheaper than 15 bucks... and to me, good value is always king. Make about 17 gigs of space in your hdd and get ready to fight some templars.
on November 21, 2012
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3
You cannot play all 3 games straight from the disc. Only Revelations (which auto starts soon as you insert the disc) is available to play direct from disc when you insert the disc. The load / install time is quite lengthy when you 1st insert the disc, so heat some food up or something when you 1st boot this up.

AC2 and Brotherhood do not play direct from the disc and must be installed on your PS3 as if you just downloaded a game from the PSN store so make sure you have 17.6 gb's of space in your HD and expect even longer install times, maybe 20 - 40 minutes before your 1st play for either game.

Also, you'll still need the disc to play AC2 and Brotherhood even after you install either game on your HD. A good workaround to save space is to install AC2, play it, delete AC2, then install and play ACB.

This trilogy only includes all DLC for only AC2, sequences 12 and 13 which were skipped from the original release. There is also no copy of AC1 bundled with Revelations for those wondering.

For the uninitiated looking to get into the full story, this is a great package and worth the money. Since all AC2 single player DLC is included, you'll only need to buy Brotherhood's 'Da Vinci Disappearance' DLC and download Corpenicus DLC for free from the PSN store and you'll be straight.

Revelations single player DLC, The Lost Archive, sucks and is not worth the money although it has somewhat important information regarding one of the main characters. You'll better off looking up info on 'The Lost Archive' and save yourself a few bucks.

If Ubi patches this nonsense so you can at least play all games direct from the disc, this would be a solid investment for only $40. With the all the hype and good reviews surrounding the recent release of AC3, AC2 still remains the best in series.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 18, 2013
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Verified Purchase
I never thought much of the series till I bought this trilogy. I can only say that I had many sleepless nights over these games, thats how good they all are! I highly recommend to anyone in need of a new series to play around with. I give it 5 stars!
on October 26, 2014
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Verified Purchase
As a latecomer to the Assassin's Creed community, I had A LOT of catching up to do!!! Bought the first game and completed it in about a week and a half. But with so much in between that first one and the soon to be released Unity, i felt so far behind!! This game is a steal!!! All of Ezio's adventures in one but... it missed the final star for me because of the fact that I had to install the first and second game to my ps3 and STILL need the disc to play them!!! a bit annoying actually... otherwise, it's one of the best purchases I've made since becoming a gamer.
on January 29, 2015
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3
These games are the best! Assassin's Creed II was my favorite game... until Brotherhood came out. Then Brotherhood was my favorite game... until Revelations came out! Now Revelations is my favorite game.

These games have awesome characters. Ezio is so cool, and I enjoy exploring Ancient Italy as Ezio.

The graphics are great. I feel as though I'm in 15th century Italy!

The game play as exciting. I love the ability to explore the city freely, discover historical monuments, inside and out, and climb buildings at will. Whether you sneak by the bad guys unnoticed, or run by so they panic and attack you, these are all fun games.

The history is pleasantly educational. The monuments, characters, and cities are (arguably) historically accurate, and you are able to read tid-bits about them. The game itself is a course in Italian history, which is fascinating. Plus, it's all optional, so if you don't care about history and would rather play, you may. But why pass up such a great opportunity to learn? BTW, yes, the majority of the characters are based on historical figures! Even Leonardo DaVinci plays a significant role, as well as the Borgias!

The story line is off the hook! So exciting, and the ending of each game is always so shocking and amazing, and makes me think about what's going to happen for days. And it's carries just enough truth for you to wonder "maybe...", just like a good novel. I'm sort of obsessed with "those who came before" humans, aka the ancients, and they play a big role in the story line as well. The story is addictive. In fact, if ever they released Assassin's Creed: The Novel, I'd preorder that!

The online play may be the best aspect of all. Unlike gun games, where whoever aims fastest and has the biggest gun wins, this game requires some finesse. You must first identify your target among a sea of lookalikes, then you must approach your target unnoticed. Then, you must secretively eliminate this person without being noticed... all the while being hunted by others! Sure, you could run up and stab the guy, or even shoot him, but then everyone hunting you will know exactly where you are. The quieter, more skilled kills garner more points. I've enjoyed hundreds of hours of online AC play, and it is by far the greatest online game there is! (I am referring to the entire AC franchise here)
on February 27, 2013
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Verified Purchase
Excellent game the best collection of AC. Thank you for an amazing game that will keep you playing for hours.
on February 6, 2013
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Verified Purchase
I'm still amazed. I read reviews complaining about the HD space required. So what? What else do you want your HD space for? Just played AC 2 so far and can't wait to continue the game story. Really great piece of work Ubisoft!