The manufacturer commented on the review below
5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed I and II for PC - Error Cyclic Redundancy Check - fix
I'm going to start off by saying these two games are great games, and deserve five stars. For ten dollars, it is a great deal.

However, when I was trying to install Assassin's creed II from the disk, about half way through the installation I came across an error saying this:

"Feature: newfeature1
component: dataPC_firenze
file:...
Published on October 8, 2012 by Edith P Tower

2.0 out of 5 stars ugh
be warned in order to play assassins 2 you need to log on to uplay by ubisoft you cannot play this without being online.according to their website you can unlink from uplay but they will render the cd key useless meaning you cannot play it at all.that is why it only got 2 stars
Published 21 months ago by kjn8369

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
AC I is fun and more realistic than all the other AC games but it gets dull and boring after a while. AC II on the other hand is much more fun. Good budget game pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, January 19, 2014
Frank La Fauci (Coconut Creek, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
Not too hot. Maybe because it was an early version and that it requires a joystick. Maybe i will get one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
Not being a video controller user, but a keyboardist, the game's use of the keyboard commands differ quite a bit from other games of its ilk and was difficult to traverse. Still cant wrap my head around it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story but..., January 4, 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
Alright, first I should say that since I bought the PC version of this game, obviously I use it on the PC. There are other versions meant for Xbox and Playstation so maybe their games are a bit more reliable. But this is my perspective on the pc-version.

The story is interesting and it's great to be able to explore at my leisure...

...but the controls for the PC version of this game are both sluggish and overly complicated, making fighting and chasing difficult and frustrating. Not to mention that as it's almost entirely in 3rd person perspective, your viewpoint likes to sway occasionally and block your view of what you're trying to do. Scenery doesn't fade out as you approach it so it also blocks your view. If your character is backed into a corner when fighting, the viewpoint again gives you trouble.

I became so frustrated with the problems with this game that I actually had to edit my review and give it a lower score. With the overly complicated controls, the sluggish movement, the viewpoint that was constantly messing up, and...

...the cutscenes! The sounds almost never sync up with the action! It's so annoying! The facial expressions are great, the characters are really interesting, but the constant delay between voice and action is so irritating and should have been corrected in a patch at some point. My computer is strong enough to play Skyrim, so I know it's no a problem with my PC.

I've heard that this game is super popular...but now that I have it...I'm not sure that I see what all the fuss is about. Not with problems like these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad purchase, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
First, the delivery was prompt, the product came in excellent condition, and both games were present.

Now for the games themselves,

Pros: It's Assassins Creed, great for fans of the game.

Cons: None really;

However, the first game has no product key. It installs without one which is fine. But it's weird in today's digital law era. Assassins Creed 2 took me awhile to get activated because the Uplay feature was buggy. There are no extra items, dlcs, etc. I'm also stuck with the ubisoft update splash screen which must finish downloading advertisements for more games before it allows me to play. It also conflicts with my Steam. This is not a steam product, so I have to add it as a non-steam game even though steam sells Assassins Creed. That's the only real bad thing about this product that I can think of. It gets 4 starts. This is my opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of lag, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
Great games, but the lag of my computer made playing AC II nearly impossible. It is more of a hardware issue with my laptop than the games themselves. Just make sure your PC can push the software. Check the requirements

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game!, December 21, 2013
Dirk Derkle "DakineAthon" (Fresno, CA. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
This is an awesome game but no fault of the game I am not able to use the keyboard to control my character, I am just too used to using a joystick that does not work in this game (at least for me). I found a way to download and use a profile that I should be able to use with an XBOX 360 wireless controller, however after spending my money there was not a working "profile" for Windows 7. I love the game but I am disappointed in my ability to play the game using a windows keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal!, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
This was for my boyfriend for xmas so I can't rate the game but he's very excited for it so I'm giving it a 5. Also for the fast delivery and that it came brand new and factory sealed as promised. I bought AC I, II, III, Brotherhood, Revelations, & IV for $80!! (That's $13/game and is an amaaazing deal).

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, December 13, 2013
BigBobTx (ROCKPORT, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
The whole Assassin's Creed series is probably one of the best series if not the best in the gaming world. I would heartily recommend this product. I also bought the Assassin's Creed BrotherHood for PC and love it too.
Oh by the way I'm 67 years old so you old farts should give video gaming a try you might just like it.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars A "Minor", Overlooked Detail?, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed I & II (Video Game)
This was a birthday gift from my girlfriend. The first game installed in a matter of minutes and ran absolutely flawlessly, but upon installing the second game, I was required to enter the game code in my Uplay account, which wouldn't have been an issue, except there was NO GAME CODE TO BE FOUND, rendering the disk virtually useless and my girlfriend's money wasted. Both disks came in nothing but sleeves, without any case or pamphlet to go along with. If you want the first game and a small, well-decorated frisbee to go along with it, order this set. If you'd like both games to be playable, find it elsewhere. Either a different seller or look to Steam.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 27, 2014 10:05:20 AM PDT
We would like to help replace your serial key - Please email us at http://support.encore.com/ordersupport/order_support_frm.aspx

With the information and tell the order support team you did not get a key with it. They may have you submit additional documentation in order to prove ownership but they will take care of this for you.

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›

Assassin's Creed I & II
Assassin's Creed I & II by Encore Software (Windows 2000 / 7 / Vista / XP)
$9.99