4.0 out of 5 stars Fun addition, but not fine-tuned
So far, the content of the season pass is enjoyable but not great.

#1 - Freedom Cry

Published 13 months ago by J. Sapp

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the extra content but not the cost!
Had a $5 credit so I only paid $14.99 for the season pass. The Freedom Cry pack was good, but I really haven't made use of any of the multi-player add-on's. I would buy again, but it should be priced at around $10.
Published 11 months ago by Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun addition, but not fine-tuned, December 30, 2013
J. Sapp (ATL, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag: Season Pass - PS3/ PS4 [Digital Code] (Software Download)
So far, the content of the season pass is enjoyable but not great.

#1 - Freedom Cry

I really, really like the content within this DLC. The locations are refreshingly different and interesting without losing the AC touch. Liberating slaves as you play was actually really fun. With every little installment, Ubi makes positive changes for the series. One is that when following someone who is talking to you, they walk at the same pace as you! I didn't realize how frustrating this was in previous installments than when I played this. Also, the new gun is awesome. Just little things make the experience more exciting to play.

The only problems I had with Freedom Cry were: there were a lot of glitches where I'd be running or climbing and get stuck somehow; and the level of realistic details that I experienced with Edward's story (meaning how realistic the Jackdaw/Edward looked) was missing a bit. I upgraded to the PS4 because I love a clearer picture and it seemed to be lacking in this area.

#2 - Blackbeard's Wrath

Interesting characters, but I prefer to play with the ones who come with the game. Blackbeard, the Orchid, and the Jaguar for some reason aren't terribly exciting to play with (the crispness and detail seem to be lacking...again).

Jackdaw appearance items

Fun. I use these instead of what the game provided.

4.0 out of 5 stars ACIV Season Pass, November 18, 2013
Can't beat the price after the special $5 promo Amazon is offering. So it's like paying $15 for the content and you can redeem the code via the Playstation Store on the console or via your web browser via this link [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Release the Kraken!, January 19, 2014
Amazon Customer (Somersworth, New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is a pretty good value for AC4 fans (a game I rated 5 stars). The Freedom Cry campaign is pretty substantial... I've already sunk four or five hours into it, and I have completed the story, but there are still plenty of things for me to do, such as maxing out my ship's stats and exploring a few islands. Adewale is a fun character to use, with a personality that is distinctly different from his former captain, Edward Kenway.

There is a bunch of multiplayer content, as well, but I have not had a chance to explore that, and I'm not very interested in AC multiplayer to begin with. If you ARE a big AC online player, then the decision to buy this season pass is a no-brainer. If, however, you're strictly interested in the Freedom Cry campaign, keep in mind that you can buy that on it's own for $10 (half the price of the season pass).

Ubisoft has continued to release a few things, such as the "Illustrious Pirates" package, which you get free with the season pass. There isn't much to it - a couple of extra outfits and weapons that can be gained by exploring remote islands, but this only takes a matter of minutes to complete. My hope is that Ubisoft will consider releasing even more single player content, given the success and popularity of AC4. It would be awesome to pilot the Jackdaw about the ocean again, leading Kenway's crew to more victories.

My favorite part of this season pass? The Kraken sails! It might not seem like much, but these sails are really awesome for anybody who is a fan of the legendary beast. It's fun to sail around the Caribbean in the Jackdaw with the Kraken proudly represented on the sails of your ship (you get a Kraken figurehead and wheel, too, but I don't really notice them much). It more firmly secures Kenway's legend as the "Terror of the Caribbean"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for DLC, February 16, 2014
This Season Pass is a great deal. Freedom Cry Was a spectacular DLC. Knowing that With one purchase I will get most future DLCs without having to buy anything else in the future keeps the game fresh and exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars The boy loves it, June 8, 2014
My son loves all of the Assassin's creed games and has spent countless hours playing on them. I find it refreshing to see history somewhat being taught in a format that the youth are open to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, March 22, 2014
Outstanding game, I really enjoyed it and have played it through twice now. The season pass is for the expansions that will be released and have already been released, well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, March 6, 2014
This game is extremely entertaining! The story line lasts for many hours and is very easy to learn and play. The graphics are very good and the game runs well on a PS3 Super Slim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this GAME!, March 4, 2014
I have not been as immersed in a game like this in longer than I can remember. I never thought that being a pirate would be so much fun, so engrossing and so complete. I bought this without hesitation and commend Ubisoft in charging a reasonable amount for their DLC.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the extra content but not the cost!, February 17, 2014
Mitchell (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 5, 2014
This game is absolutely amazing! Love everything about it. The music and animation is beautiful. Fun to play. Challenging but not super irritating like ac3 was.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›